Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

canton stand

Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:56 pm

i for one will not be going over to the canton stand at the moment iam in 118 ninian stand like someone said earlier if you take yourselves to the canton stand that is your choice but i will be staying in my seat standing and singing through out the game.so i ask you annis why dont you ask your members to come and join us myself i could not imagin myself be that far away from the traveling away supporters i would not even consider going in the old canton stand that was where familys went >not for me>i was in a block in the old ground next to the away supporters and like the fella said in a earlier post i want to see there faces when the mighty bluebirds play them of the park

Re: canton stand

Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:16 pm

I remember being in the old family enclosure in the grandstand at ninian and there were city fans setting off fireworks from the canton and I'm 24,let's bring it back,lol :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:18 pm

in in 118 mate right next to the away fans and its gonna be sad to move but it will be better for the atmosphere in the long run :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:24 pm

I was in old grange end so we moved in the canton as that was the "designated singing stand" but if the fans don't sing it's just a stand.we are in 105 and there is loads of room for 117 and 118ers I really think it would make a difference both on and off the pitch if we were all together singing off the same him sheet, so to speak :o

Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:48 pm

like i said earlier it up to you where you sit as for me if i went to the canton stand i might as well be in the canton cross so as i said before i will be staying in 118 ninian stand and if more of you come over to the ninian stand the better it would be.it is only the club trying to get you to sit where they want you to like they tried when the new ground was opened if people remember wayne nash said we were all undesirables in A block so the fans who like the banter with the away supporters stay put and keep the faith

Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:26 pm

Swvs1927 wrote:I remember being in the old family enclosure in the grandstand at ninian and there were city fans setting off fireworks from the canton and I'm 24,let's bring it back,lol :ayatollah:

oh no it wont it.. im sure the atmosphere wont be better..

Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:45 pm

therealjimmyscoular wrote:like i said earlier it up to you where you sit as for me if i went to the canton stand i might as well be in the canton cross so as i said before i will be staying in 118 ninian stand and if more of you come over to the ninian stand the better it would be.it is only the club trying to get you to sit where they want you to like they tried when the new ground was opened if people remember wayne nash said we were all undesirables in A block so the fans who like the banter with the away supporters stay put and keep the faith

I respect your views and opinions, but I feel strongly that if we get to the Premiership, the section you are in now will be policed and stewarded to the letter of the law. There will be people ejected and banned for consistently standing. It may not be the way we want things to go, but go that way they will and I for one don't wish to be a martyr and get banned for trying to oppose the prawn sarney approach.

This ain't a Cardiff City thing, this is a financial, political and football League thing, it's about TV advertising money, corporate finance, Olympic and world cup bids etc.

Personally I think we should stick together in one united area (canton) make it special and let's appreciate any concessions we get re standing etc, enjoy them whilst they last because none of us now when they will be taken from us.

The arena to fight these battles is in the house of Lords and Parliament and the FSF are doing this on our behalf week in week out.