Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:41 pm

glammy74 wrote:they let ledley go to celtic for free in the summer

the same looks like to happen with matthews

and knowing city the same will happen to both burke and bothroyd

i know things are looking up for cardiff, but this really does frustrate me :x

shit happens

Re: Cardiff City's contract negotiations really depress me

Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:51 pm

It does seem a bit mental letting or not protecting millions of quids worth of assets. Maybe they've got a reason, we don't know about, to watch that money walk out the door.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:52 pm

Berwyn wrote:It does seem a bit mental letting or not protecting millions of quids worth of assets. Maybe they've got a reason, we don't know about, to watch that money walk out the door.

Gambling on promotion a la Ridsdale?

Gethin Jenkins being utterly clueless about football?

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:08 pm

Joe Ledley went and even on the worst day he would have been worth at least a million. Yet there didnt seem to be any motivation to get any sort of contract going with him before hand. There then followed what seemed like a big blame game, which eventually ended with him going without a real transfer.
Surely you don't let assets like that walk away. Only time will tell if the same thing happens with Jay. If it does then there has to be a reason behind this way of doing things. If it's a promotion gamble and the plan is to dump the entire squad you'd still want as much as you can get for them surely. In fact a player who's just helped you get promoted surely has a better price tag.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:14 pm

Berwyn wrote:Joe Ledley went and even on the worst day he would have been worth at least a million. Yet there didnt seem to be any motivation to get any sort of contract going with him before hand. There then followed what seemed like a big blame game, which eventually ended with him going without a real transfer.
Surely you don't let assets like that walk away. Only time will tell if the same thing happens with Jay. If it does then there has to be a reason behind this way of doing things. If it's a promotion gamble and the plan is to dump the entire squad you'd still want as much as you can get for them surely. In fact a player who's just helped you get promoted surely has a better price tag.

Quite.

Ledley, 6m, sorry, bite the hand off. I'd have driven him to Stoke myself for that ridiculous money!

I seem to remember Dj valued Ledley at 6m in the final year of his contract due to that offer!

Never attribute to reason what you can deem incompetence. I'd imagine Jenkins is having to lean heavily on Dj for advice - and if DJ believed Joe was worth 6m the last year of his contract, well, can't totally fault Jenkins...