Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CHASETOWN CALLED OFF

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:14 pm

How sad is that for all The City fans that made the trip, sure they'll fix something up, big up for all those that traveled :ayatollah: .

Re: CHASETOWN CALLED OFF

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:20 pm

Tipical! of all the days to get a frozen pitch, it had to be today lyk! fairplay to all the lads who are making the jurney' there a credit to our club :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:51 pm

thats a right pisser..... :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:09 pm

You SHOULD have gone to Taffs Well and supported another WELSH club - MERTHYR TOWN.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:36 pm

good turnout from the city, all gutted about the game being called off, chase officials and chairman looked after us well handing out free beer tokens,free buffet,(you missed it annis) and free programs. also offers on in the club shop.
the city were not dishartened with all that could, getting on the net looking for a local game, walsaw was the firts thought after realising villa was a 1pm kick off, that though quickly vanished when we realised it was against the gas heads, some die hards wanted to make the trip back down the road to st andrew but vince had other plans, then the chase chairman announced that the team we were voting against in the unibond 10k challenge bushall (jacks team) were at home and a quick call had confirmed we would be made welcome, not sure who we would be supporting :) so the supporters bus set off with some chase fans on it to that game, we decided to head for donington and bakedalaskas house and that it from me time to get a few down.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:55 pm

Great day at rushall vs spalding they welcomed us with open arms fair play even thou the jacks supported them during the 10k challenge us Cardiff fans made the biggest impression the club has ever seen we gratefully accepted a signed club shirt and 2 slabs of lager for the trip home and welcomed back at rushall Olympic anytime
Really was a fantastic day overall :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:56 pm

Mullins wrote:Great day at rushall vs spalding they welcomed us with open arms fair play even thou the jacks supported them during the 10k challenge us Cardiff fans made the biggest impression the club has ever seen we gratefully accepted a signed club shirt and 2 slabs of lager for the trip home and welcomed back at rushall Olympic anytime
Really was a fantastic day overall :ayatollah:

City fans making friends with their boozing at non-league clubs around the country :lol:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:05 pm

great 2 see our club making some friends lol makes a change from every1 thinking we eat children haha maybe when we are in the big league rushall and chasetown will adopt us as there premire league team :ayatollah: again! Welldone to all who went, great advert for our club and supporters :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:14 pm

Great day out fair play :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Great, Great day! So many stories to tell from it including a faceplanting spazzy, a squirrel and a legendry left back called Ade!!!

Also, Mullins, Beckett and Bigwave1927....also afternoon gents!

Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:39 pm

Chasetown FC and myself would again like to thank all the Cardiff fans that came to the Scholars Ground today although we were disappointed that the game was called off, we hope you enjoyed our hospitality and will see you again at the Scholars very soon. :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:35 pm

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

me - pete - papa

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:40 pm

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:49 pm

Just got back now from the Midlands, was a shame that the Chasetown match was called off but we were made very welcome at Rushall's 6-0 smashing of Spalding!

Had some great banter with fans and players as well as a certain Mr Wiley!

Special mentions have to goto both Adie (the Rushall left back), the squirrel who scored for Spalding, though the linesman/boy didnt give it and the Rushall chairman for sorting the boys out with some beers and a signed shirt, soon to be on Vince's wall no doubt :P

Great day in all!

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:53 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:good turnout from the city, all gutted about the game being called off, chase officials and chairman looked after us well handing out free beer tokens,free buffet,(you missed it annis) and free programs. also offers on in the club shop.
the city were not dishartened with all that could, getting on the net looking for a local game, walsaw was the firts thought after realising villa was a 1pm kick off, that though quickly vanished when we realised it was against the gas heads, some die hards wanted to make the trip back down the road to st andrew but vince had other plans, then the chase chairman announced that the team we were voting against in the unibond 10k challenge bushall (jacks team) were at home and a quick call had confirmed we would be made welcome, not sure who we would be supporting :) so the supporters bus set off with some chase fans on it to that game, we decided to head for donington and bakedalaskas house and that it from me time to get a few down.

I love Buffet Food Andy :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sorry it was pp.

Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:55 pm

LOOKS LIKE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT DAY THOUGH :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:17 pm

Great day out. Next time we take more coaches. Plus there chairman gave me a free chasetown jacket. Landed. :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:18 pm

andi_cardiff wrote:Just got back now from the Midlands, was a shame that the Chasetown match was called off but we were made very welcome at Rushall's 6-0 smashing of Spalding!

Special mentions have to goto both Adie (the Rushall left back), the squirrel who scored for Spalding, though the linesman/boy didnt give it and the Rushall chairman for sorting the boys out with some beers and a signed shirt, soon to be on Vince's wall no doubt :P

Great day in all!

It was all about Ade and the Lino!! "Oh Josh, are you on Facebook??" brilliant!

Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:42 pm

I`m still gutted that the match was off :cry: Having said that, a few of us turned out to welcome and have a beer or two with our Mates, :ayatollah: , and it was nice to put some faces to names , The Premier 1, Papa, Chris_ccfc,Baked Alaska , Vince Alm, to name a few.
It was a great gesture, that was so appreciated us, by you all to come all the way here to support Chasetown, and a lot of people are very dissapointed that you didn`t get to see what you came for.
All I can say is a big Thank you, and hope to see you again !!
:ayatollah: Cheers, Pete. :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:49 pm

FANtastic effort all round, and Im sure Pete next time there may be even more in attendance !!! The hospitality shown by your supporters is second to none and theres a few Cardiff fans walking around whom when pressed who's their second team now say..........Chasetown :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:54 pm

Bluebird99 wrote:
andi_cardiff wrote:Just got back now from the Midlands, was a shame that the Chasetown match was called off but we were made very welcome at Rushall's 6-0 smashing of Spalding!

Great day in all!

It was all about Ade and the Lino!! "Oh Josh, are you on Facebook??" brilliant!

Oi Lino... I'm gonna poke you!

Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:03 pm

bigwave1927 wrote:Great day out. Next time we take more coaches. Plus there chairman gave me a free chasetown jacket. Landed. :ayatollah:

Stop bragging haha

Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:14 pm

Oh Lino...how long left?? [squeaky voice] 5 mins lads

Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:16 pm

Pete wrote:I`m still gutted that the match was off :cry: Having said that, a few of us turned out to welcome and have a beer or two with our Mates, :ayatollah: , and it was nice to put some faces to names , The Premier 1, Papa, Chris_ccfc,Baked Alaska , Vince Alm, to name a few.
It was a great gesture, that was so appreciated us, by you all to come all the way here to support Chasetown, and a lot of people are very dissapointed that you didn`t get to see what you came for.
All I can say is a big Thank you, and hope to see you again !!
:ayatollah: Cheers, Pete. :ayatollah:

nice to meet u at last pete :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
me and me bro had a cracking day out thanks chasetown ;)

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:55 pm

chasetown trophy cabinet top right :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:21 am

U should have all gone Down taffs well and support one of clubs from wales Merthyr town then non league will hit u down there

Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:24 am

papa wrote:chasetown trophy cabinet top right :ayatollah:

More than we got :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:15 am

Cliff Jones wrote:You SHOULD have gone to Taffs Well and supported another WELSH club - MERTHYR TOWN.

i agree although i think its nice to have a link with chasetown what about merthyr who are local to us and have had hard times

Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:01 pm

We should invite the chase town fans and others to a league game after all thier hospatality!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

get it sorted annis!!! :ayatollah: :lol:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:22 pm

Ben wrote:We should invite the chase town fans and others to a league game after all thier hospatality!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

get it sorted annis!!! :ayatollah: :lol:

thats a good idea ben, im shocked :lol: