Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FTAO Owain the clever one

Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:19 pm

ever since i had sky broadband put in i cant send e mails, i have incoming and i pay supanet annually for the the service, i have been told that it is someting to do with my settings

plain english cos i am duller than annis on these things :lol:

baz :ayatollah:

Re: FTAO Owain the clever one

Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:23 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:ever since i had sky broadband put in i cant send e mails, i have incoming and i pay supanet annually for the the service, i have been told that it is someting to do with my settings

plain english cos i am duller than annis on these things :lol:

baz :ayatollah:

:lol:

Are you using something like outlook to send your emails?

Does it come up with an error when you try and send an email? if so what does it say

What do supanet do? your email?

Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:26 pm

The host 'SMTP.sky.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.
Subject 'hi', Account: 'pop3.supanet.com', Server: 'SMTP.sky.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

this is what comes up

Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:28 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:The host 'SMTP.sky.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.
Subject 'hi', Account: 'pop3.supanet.com', Server: 'SMTP.sky.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

this is what comes up

I'm not sure why one is .sky.com and the other is .supanet.com, normally it would be the same

can you change the 'smtp' setting so that it says smtp.supanet.com not smtp.sky.com and see what happens?

Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:30 pm

i tyried all that when i installed it, probrably tried them all, i got told there is a lot of probs because sky got different settings

Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:33 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:i tyried all that when i installed it, probrably tried them all, i got told there is a lot of probs because sky got different settings

So did you used to be with supanet, and now with sky?

The email settings should be separate from the internet settings anyway, if it's a supanet email account it's normally pop3.supanet.com and then smtp.supanet.com for the email settings. it shouldn't really matter who your internet is with.

Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:35 pm

i will have another go now

ta

Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:39 pm

just say's executing then nothing happens mail stays in outbox

Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:42 pm

Ok,

try smtp.tools.sky.com in the outgoing server settings

If not, I'm not too sure! Can't seem to find much on supanet settings on the web