Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

This Andy Gray thing...

Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:33 am

Has this not just been completely blown out of all proportion?

I'm not saying that we should condone sexisim, rasicsm or any other kind of prejudice, because we shouldn't.

I just personally feel that this whole thing is ridiculous. He hasn't intended to be offensive or to upset anyone, he was just having a bit of a laugh, nothing more than that.

Can you beleive that we are never going to hear Andy Gray on sky sports on a Sunday afternoon in the pub watching the footy?
....Or in the next release of FIFA?

Who will replace Andy Gray?

Shame man....I will miss it

Re: This Andy Gray thing...

Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:51 am

Political correctness gone fecking mad Chief. Those comments were private and it was some sneak that recorded it and then released it. Weather it was jealousy or damn right back stabbing it isn't right. The person that released it has done a million times more damage than Andy Gray or Richard Keys ever could. Because of the actions of that sneak that lino hasn't worked since. To many people about that want to stir and destroy lives and its them that should be strung up.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:01 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Political correctness gone fecking mad Chief. Those comments were private and it was some sneak that recorded it and then released it. Weather it was jealousy or damn right back stabbing it isn't right. The person that released it has done a million times more damage than Andy Gray or Richard Keys ever could. Because of the actions of that sneak that lino hasn't worked since. To many people about that want to stir and destroy lives and its them that should be strung up.

good summary chief, my thoughts down to a tee :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:30 am

Roathblue33 wrote:Has this not just been completely blown out of all proportion?

I'm not saying that we should condone sexisim, rasicsm or any other kind of prejudice, because we shouldn't.

I just personally feel that this whole thing is ridiculous. He hasn't intended to be offensive or to upset anyone, he was just having a bit of a laugh, nothing more than that.

Can you beleive that we are never going to hear Andy Gray on sky sports on a Sunday afternoon in the pub watching the footy?
....Or in the next release of FIFA?

Who will replace Andy Gray?

Shame man....I will miss it

I think there is far more to this than meets the eye and (whilst agreeing they were stupid for leaving themselves open) I'm sure they've been 'stitched up' by someone on the inside....

All too 'smooth' how little bits came out bit by bit over a short period....

It'll all come out in the wash....

:lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:59 am

Yes it is OTT bur clearly people dont like him.

Me personally ive never liked him, he sees ignorant to the rules and instead does what he likes.

Keys was ok but easily replaced, everyones knows Jeff is number one

Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:20 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Political correctness gone fecking mad Chief. Those comments were private and it was some sneak that recorded it and then released it. Weather it was jealousy or damn right back stabbing it isn't right. The person that released it has done a million times more damage than Andy Gray or Richard Keys ever could. Because of the actions of that sneak that lino hasn't worked since. To many people about that want to stir and destroy lives and its them that should be strung up.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Another person using the 'political correctness' line!! I think it is hilarious how that term is used to justify sexist/racist/homophobic etc thoughts!

He was given a warning for the comments he made about female referees assistants. He was sacked for his thing about putting the mic down his pants.

If you had made sexist remarks in your place of work, you would have had a warning (like he did!) and the same goes for the mic down the pants! Hence the sacking. There may have been more incidents that we don't know about too?

I think people should just move on now! It is so boring hearing about is still.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:34 am

Agree with all of that - although I might be a bit more supportive towards the two of them if I didn't dislike them so much :) .

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:46 am

its a fact that most women dont know what the offside rule is but a women referee would why they said it who knows..... gutted for keys but as far as Andy "the manc" Gray goes so long ...... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:07 am

Claire wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Another person using the 'political correctness' line!! I think it is hilarious how that term is used to justify sexist/racist/homophobic etc thoughts!

He was given a warning for the comments he made about female referees assistants. He was sacked for his thing about putting the mic down his pants.

If you had made sexist remarks in your place of work, you would have had a warning (like he did!) and the same goes for the mic down the pants! Hence the sacking. There may have been more incidents that we don't know about too?

Totally agree with you Claire, It always amuses me how biggots use the cover of political correctness gone mad to spew out their offensive remarks . :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:14 am

Claire wrote:

Agree.... but Claire...if you had the chance would you smash it?? :lol: :lol: :lol: I mean Jamie...by the way!

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:23 am

I've heard that the production team at sky hated Keys and Gray who were by all accounts a pair of arrogant bullies. There's a story about Keys asking a member of the production staff to get a piece of chewing gum off the bottom of his shoe, it seems this bit of revenge has been brewing for a while and after seeing the video of keys asking redknapp if he'd smash it he comes across as a right creep

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:31 am

Personally - this is NOT about Sexism - It is and has turned into and out and out Bullying scandal. They Bullied for years according to some of the reported stories & quotes from insiders and employees, as well as making guests feel uncomfortable.

I dont like bullies, whether it be physical or mental. They aren't very nice people (allegedly) in most forms of contact, and I for one agree with both of their sackings/resignations on that basis.

I dont care what anyone thinks or replies to my comments, thats is my opinion and Im entitled to it! ;)

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:34 am

Totally agree with your post Merlin, it is about bullying, and as we all know bullying come,s in many forms :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:40 am

Claire wrote: He was sacked for his thing about putting the mic down his pants.

Murdoch in an interview confirmed that WASN'T the reason for the firing.

No-one can comment on how appropriate the comments were for the simple reason you've zero idea the extent and involvement of everyone in the studio with regards to banter. Did the woman look particularly bothered by Gray's remark? No, she was talking to a producer, getting ready for work, focusing on that.

Gray was fired for two reasons; one, he's suing the News of the World. Secondly, Sky want younger presenters / analysts - hell, look at the hiring of Ben f*cking Shephard, the continued appointment of Jamie Redknapp ( clearly on looks as a shit analyst... ). Thirdly, Murdoch trying to buy the rest of Sky, hence acted to remove potentially bad publicity.

The mic down the pants incident was in December. Nothing happened till now, despite it clearly being filmed. Interesting that, eh?

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:45 am

Merlin wrote:Personally - this is NOT about Sexism - It is and has turned into and out and out Bullying scandal. They Bullied for years according to some of the reported stories & quotes from insiders and employees, as well as making guests feel uncomfortable.

Anonymous "insider" claims are not fact, never has been, especially when the media outlets reporting them have their own agenda re Sky.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:51 am

I think there is far more to this than meets the eye and (whilst agreeing they were stupid for leaving themselves open) I'm sure they've been 'stitched up' by someone on the inside....

All too 'smooth' how little bits came out bit by bit over a short period....

It'll all come out in the wash....

:lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Of course there was, Murdochs PC snoops were arse licking and after Gray ever since he was to sue The News Of The World for phone tapping.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:54 am

Merlin wrote:Personally - this is NOT about Sexism - It is and has turned into and out and out Bullying scandal. They Bullied for years according to some of the reported stories & quotes from insiders and employees, as well as making guests feel uncomfortable.

I dont like bullies, whether it be physical or mental. They aren't very nice people (allegedly) in most forms of contact, and I for one agree with both of their sackings/resignations on that basis.

I dont care what anyone thinks or replies to my comments, thats is my opinion and Im entitled to it! ;)

I agree with you for the most part Merlin, but in this case the bullying did take the form of sexism. I can understand how some might view this as political correctness gone mad, but women who regularly face sexism (i.e. bullying) would strongly disagree and on balance I would have to agree with women that this kind of attitude needs to be stamped out.

Therefore Gray and Keys got what they deserved, although it won't be long before the old 'boys' club find them another easy overpaid job.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:57 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I agree with you for the most part Merlin, but in this case the bullying did take the form of sexism. I can understand how some might view this as political correctness gone mad, but women who regularly face sexism (i.e. bullying) would strongly disagree and on balance I would have to agree with women that this kind of attitude needs to be stamped out.

Therefore Gray and Keys got what they deserved, although it won't be long before the old 'boys' club find them another easy overpaid job.

Fact?

Isolated incidents deliberately and cyncially thrown out there to the public to justify Sky's decision.

If you believe the firing was down to "bullying" then I've got London Bridge to sell you :p

Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:42 pm

So nobody really thinks there could a conspiracy to rid of Gray after him finding out that he was being bugged by the News of the World and rightly suing them amongst many others which coincidently is owed by no other than Mr. Murdoch. Those that believe this sexism theory of Sky should look closely at SSN's female presenters and ageism, do Sky also approve of the Soccerette which could also be deemed as sexist. The hypocrisy stinks

Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:00 pm

Claire wrote:

Claire so you have never ever with the Girls took the piss out of Men or had banter . Come on everyone has banter and it's up to the individuals how far you go. But what you can't legislate against is someone recording your private comments

Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:00 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Claire wrote:

Claire so you have never ever with the Girls took the piss out of Men or had banter . Come on everyone has banter and it's up to the individuals how far you go. But what you can't legislate against is someone recording your private comments

I wouldn't say anything like that in work, no. As for recording private comments, if they were private, they shouldn't have been discussing it in work. If they were stupid enough to say those things in work whilst wearing a microphone, then they were obviously going to get caught!