Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What would help allay any fears about the Canton move

Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:16 pm

Would be publicising the seats which are being used.

They were on here before, but I cant see them.

Then people could see they werent losing their seats, (which from what I've seen is the main worry-and is untrue as they are empty seats anyway) and also IF they are likely to have to stand.

I'll happily post the locations onto the other board if wanted -and take any stick for it as well :lol:

The more people are aware of it, the earlier, then the quicker any fears can be dealt with.

Re: What would help allay any fears about the Canton move

Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:54 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Would be publicising the seats which are being used.

Then people could see they werent losing their seats, (which from what I've seen is the main worry-and is untrue as they are empty seats anyway) and also IF they are likely to have to stand.

I'll happily post the locations onto the other board if wanted -and take any stick for it as well :lol:

The more people are aware of it, the earlier, then the quicker any fears can be dealt with.

Actually that is a very good idea (I mean publishing where the empty seats are not taking stick off other boards ;) )

It might also be advisable to get it in writing off the club that the Canton is definately a singing area where standing will be tolerated.

Just in case.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:12 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:Would be publicising the seats which are being used.

Actually that is a very good idea (I mean publishing where the empty seats are not taking stick off other boards ;) )

It might also be advisable to get it in writing off the club that the Canton is definately a singing area where standing will be tolerated.

Just in case.

I don't think the club have to authorise that individuals and groups are allowed to sing!!!, they will not be allowed to put in writing that they endorse standing, it is against the laws of this land.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:19 pm

BlueInHeath wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:Actually that is a very good idea (I mean publishing where the empty seats are not taking stick off other boards ;) )

Just in case.

I don't think the club have to authorise that individuals and groups are allowed to sing!!!, they will not be allowed to put in writing that they endorse standing, it is against the laws of this land.

From my understanding the whole idea of moving to the Canton is to create an atmosphere and not persecute the fans for doing so by singing, waving flags etc. so if what you are saying is correct then why has Gethin Jenkins made a verbal offer on that basis?

Further I can also clearly remember the season ticket presentations where it was clearly stated that the Canton would be a tolerated standing/singing area.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:27 pm

From my understanding the whole idea of moving to the Canton is to create an atmosphere and not persecute the fans for doing so by singing, waving flags etc. so if what you are saying is correct then why has Gethin Jenkins made a verbal offer on that basis?

Further I can also clearly remember the season ticket presentations where it was clearly stated that the Canton would be a tolerated standing/singing area.

I'm sure they did as well Tony but it was unofficial, the club cannot go into writing against the laws introduced after the Taylor report

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:18 pm

Be careful now boys, some are asking the club to put in writing that they are willing to accept standing in a seated area. can you imagine the no win no fee claims "I bought a seat to watch a game and had to stand all match, my back is wrecked, I fell over, give me the money,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"

They aren't going to be able to put it in writing, if the say it in confidence in a meeting then we have to accept it or not, if they do stitch us up, then the gloves come off, I'm sure they know that and are prepared to work with the fans to make things better and help create a better atmosphere without annoying people in this stand and that stand.

Like minded people sharing like minded facilities, its the way forward. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:35 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Be careful now boys, some are asking the club to put in writing that they are willing to accept standing in a seated area. can you imagine the no win no fee claims "I bought a seat to watch a game and had to stand all match, my back is wrecked, I fell over, give me the money,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"

They aren't going to be able to put it in writing, if the say it in confidence in a meeting then we have to accept it or not, if they do stitch us up, then the gloves come off, I'm sure they know that and are prepared to work with the fans to make things better and help create a better atmosphere without annoying people in this stand and that stand.

Like minded people sharing like minded facilities, its the way forward. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It would be good if the safe standing initiatives were implemented country wide, the clubs could provide a facility that is wanted by supporters of most premiership & championship clubs.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:16 am

BlueInHeath wrote:From my understanding the whole idea of moving to the Canton is to create an atmosphere and not persecute the fans for doing so by singing, waving flags etc. so if what you are saying is correct then why has Gethin Jenkins made a verbal offer on that basis?

I'm sure they did as well Tony but it was unofficial, the club cannot go into writing against the laws introduced after the Taylor report

There was nothing unofficial about the season ticket presentation where it was made perfectly clear the Canton was a standing singing area. The Taylor report did away with terraces but I'm not sure it specifically says that it is an offence to stand in the area of your seat.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:19 am

BigGwynram wrote:Be careful now boys, some are asking the club to put in writing that they are willing to accept standing in a seated area. can you imagine the no win no fee claims "I bought a seat to watch a game and had to stand all match, my back is wrecked, I fell over, give me the money,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"

In all honesty Gwyn that's a bit of an overaction. It would be perfectly reasonable to get something in writing for those who are exchanging their seats in the Ninian for a standing area in the Canton.

The agreement would only affect those who are moving.