Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

QPR have the strongest squad!!

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:19 pm

Probably gonna get torn apart for this but I do believe they've added strongly this january as well and believe on paper have the better squad

Opinions?

Re: QPR have the strongest squad!!

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:22 pm

I dont think so - I do think that Warnock knows their personal strengths though, and they play accordingly. Saying that, they are not unbeatable.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:25 pm

piroteczz wrote:Probably gonna get torn apart for this but I do believe they've added strongly this january as well and believe on paper have the better squad

Opinions?

Think they'd love to swap their attacking players for ours and we'd love to swap our defence for theirs! Still think we've got enough to catch them and win this league-not that we neccasarily will! But overall on paper I think we are as good or better than them. Sadly, footie isn't played on paper.

I think most would agree that manager v. manager they win hands down-even though Warnock is a tosser! He could end up being the difference. :(

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:25 pm

piroteczz wrote:Probably gonna get torn apart for this but I do believe they've added strongly this january as well and believe on paper have the better squad

Opinions?

I agree, they have that strength in depth.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:36 pm

Tarrabt threw his dummy out the pram at the end of the first half yesterday, Keith Curl and Warnock were having kittens trying to get him to stay on.......team mates were not happy, i was listening to the game on Radio London.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:38 pm

I disagree our squad is better on paper ! ! but they have warnock.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:38 pm

Opinions?

They have a good squad and great manager no doubt that but they still only managed 1 shot on target against Hull yesterday.

I'll take our squad of theirs any day but the managers well that another question :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:30 pm

im not that close to qpr, i couldnt name , 4 players, but i will stick by what i said, qpr will be in the play-offs :roll:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:36 pm

i dont think they will stay in the top 2 . i think they will fade

qpr hasnt got a goal scoring striker

we have 2.

miller isnt a person who could get you 20 goals a season, and helguson has looked off sorts

my opinion though
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:53 pm

Well it sound like from Carls post that we are willing to sell our place in the prem and the dream of the fans for 2.5m,

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:20 pm

If I was honest I would say;

We have the better keeper, better back 4, midfield we are not far apart, Burke, Whittingham, Ramsey all class, but we also have Routledge, Taarabt, Derry who all offer bundles. Up front no contest your strike force is a joke for this division whilst ours is arguably shit bar Miller who could be good if he stays fit.

Subs; we can call on Radek Cerny in goal, Danny Shittu, Chimbonda, Lee Cook, Martin Rowlands, Rob Hulse which is good for this division, not sure about your bench maybe someone can tell me.

Very close I would say. And for those saying we will fade I've been hearing this since September and we are still there.

9 wins 3 draws & we are up imo.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:39 pm

Opinions?

Theyve Def got the Best Manager in Our Division, Neil Warnock is one of My Current Top 5 Managers, Would Love him to manage us :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
As to Squad, I believe We have the Best Squad and So Does Dave Jones, there, DJ and I finally agree on something :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:40 pm

cmob, to be honest, when i heard , what, 10 months ago???/// , that qpr were the richest club in football,, i thought,,,,, shit, they will buy all the best brazillians, etc, etc, and you never done that, you got good players, nothing over the top as i thought you would buy?

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:49 pm

ninianblue wrote:cmob, to be honest, when i heard , what, 10 months ago???/// , that qpr were the richest club in football,, i thought,,,,, shit, they will buy all the best brazillians, etc, etc, and you never done that, you got good players, nothing over the top as i thought you would buy?

I think theyll spend big when they go up, which they will this year.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:19 pm

Ninianblue I think Brown is right if we went up I think we will spend big to consolidate our position.

I agree we haven't spent big but all of our buys have been Neil Warnocks choices & his alone as far as I know he hasn't been refused a player, the only player I know of that the board refused to sanction was Kyle Naughton as Leicester offered ridiculous wages & our owners are no mugs. This division is not about spending big but spending wisely & he has clearly done that. I scoffed when I heard we were buying Derry & Clint Hill but 2 better more consistent performers in our team you will not find.

I would of loved a big name striker to really cement our push but it doesn't seem forthcoming.

How do you rate your best 11 to QPR's?

Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:12 am

if i was honest qpr ws my tip for promotion at the start of the season but the only players i would have would be routledge kenny and tarrabt :ayatollah: