Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Atmosphere/Canton/Season Tickets

Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:52 pm

I am currently in the Canton Stand and towards the back of block 106. To be honest when everyone gets going the stand does get rocking. But its primarily the fans at the back of 105/106 who generate the noise and as it eminates lower down sometimes the lower Canton join in. I think its a great idea to get the fans over from 117/118 and help boost the noise further.

However.... The worry is we could end up with a Stadium with effectively just one stand singing. If we commit to the move we have to make it work and ensure the Canton becomes the powerhouse like the KOP or stretford end etc...... However my worry is that if the powers that be then clamp down and stop standing and adopt bully boy tactics in the Canton then we've all had it. Im wondering should we stick or should we twist. Arguably if a few hundred move over to the Canton it will be better but if everyone is dispesed again it wont make much too much differance the key to the proposed move would be to get everyone together in a block. Otherwise we may as well stick as we all are and as individuals encourage and try and ramp up the volume with everyone who is currently non-vocal. My personal view would be a united canton with more singers hopefully in a block and the club allowing flags and banners we could evolve and create a special place to be. :ayatollah:

Re: Atmosphere/Canton/Season Tickets

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:00 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:I am currently in the Canton Stand and towards the back of block 106. To be honest when everyone gets going the stand does get rocking. But its primarily the fans at the back of 105/106 who generate the noise and as it eminates lower down sometimes the lower Canton join in. I think its a great idea to get the fans over from 117/118 and help boost the noise further.

However.... The worry is we could end up with a Stadium with effectively just one stand singing. If we commit to the move we have to make it work and ensure the Canton becomes the powerhouse like the KOP or stretford end etc...... However my worry is that if the powers that be then clamp down and stop standing and adopt bully boy tactics in the Canton then we've all had it. Im wondering should we stick or should we twist. Arguably if a few hundred move over to the Canton it will be better but if everyone is dispesed again it wont make much too much differance the key to the proposed move would be to get everyone together in a block. Otherwise we may as well stick as we all are and as individuals encourage and try and ramp up the volume with everyone who is currently non-vocal. My personal view would be a united canton with more singers hopefully in a block and the club allowing flags and banners we could evolve and create a special place to be. :ayatollah:

That's why I would get something in writing from the club. There could even be an offer to exchange seats back to the Ninian if things don't work out.