Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:01 pm

From Carls post , Its sounds like if some one comes in with 2.5m they will let Jay go ?
They would sell our place in the prem for 2.5m and dump the dreams of the fans and the 90mil we could get.
I know it not a 100% that we will get to the prem ,but I think without Jay it will be 100% we dont .

Re: LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:03 pm

Not another thread on this please :roll:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:06 pm

i know, 2.5 million,,,,,,,, one of the pundits on sky sports , cant remember who it was said,,,,,, defenders, midfielders, are two a penney, strikers are hard to come bye, thats why the forwards are going for crazy money?

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:07 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:From Carls post , Its sounds like if some one comes in with 2.5m they will let Jay go ?
They would sell our place in the prem for 2.5m and dump the dreams of the fans and the 90mil we could get.
I know it not a 100% that we will get to the prem ,but I think without Jay it will be 100% we dont .

This boils down to a risk to reward assessment. Our owners have decided that an offer of £2.5m for a player out of contract in 5 months is worth the risk of selling now.

TBH at £2.5m I would agree with them.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:08 pm

my guess is they will have a replacement lined up if jay does go tomorrow. Jones would be an idiot if he didnt. watch this space tomorrow, interesting day. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:16 pm

ihatealiens wrote:my guess is they will have a replacement lined up if jay does go tomorrow. Jones would be an idiot if he didnt. watch this space tomorrow, interesting day. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Even if he do have someone to come right in whos to say he will fit into the team and while the other teams around us try to bring in quality players for the final push , we will sell ours after being in the best position we have been for years. ITs TOSH all over again if they do sell him for 2.5, lets remember we only pay 3+k for him so really thats all we will loose.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:23 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:my guess is they will have a replacement lined up if jay does go tomorrow. Jones would be an idiot if he didnt. watch this space tomorrow, interesting day. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Even if he do have someone to come right in whos to say he will fit into the team and while the other teams around us try to bring in quality players for the final push , we will sell ours after being in the best position we have been for years. ITs TOSH all over again if they do sell him for 2.5, lets remember we only pay 3+k for him so really thats all we will loose.

Or it could be a Mark Delaney situation, where our best player was sold in March 1999 and we still went up.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:27 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:From Carls post , Its sounds like if some one comes in with 2.5m they will let Jay go ?

This boils down to a risk to reward assessment. Our owners have decided that an offer of £2.5m for a player out of contract in 5 months is worth the risk of selling now.

tony,,,,,,,,, dont you think this england cap has added value to jays price?/

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:33 pm

ninianblue wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

tony,,,,,,,,, dont you think this england cap has added value to jays price?/

Im sure his cap has yes, But dont you think a chance of prem football is worth more ?

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:36 pm

on paper the side we got now are alot stronger than , norwich , swansea and prob forest, if bothroyd goes its not good. it will cos us something big.
like a crucial 3 points and we finish 3rd by 3 points or something silly

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:49 pm

Im sure his cap has yes, But dont you think a chance of prem football is worth more ?[/quote]
i posted a thread earlier, if jay went to a premier team, would he be there no1?, does jay want to go to a premiership team being a second or third choice, i dont think jay wants to warm the bench?

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:58 pm

I thought Dave Jones said - just because a player is reaching the end of his contract - doesnt make him worth any less....

If thats the case then Jones should hang on for at least £4million - and thats onlyif we have a replacement THIS window! which i doubt,,,,

So no Sale for me. (I dont think he'll go anyway!)

Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:09 pm

The prem is worth 90mil right ? to sell Jay we would cutting our chance of getting there so what do that make him really worth not on the open market but to us ?