Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lack of quality in defence will cost us promotion

Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:31 am

You all know that, you've seen it for a number of years, we feck up in January by not improving the areas that need improving.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, Jones doens't listen to anyone, except his missus, and what does she know about football ;)

Re: Lack of quality in defence will cost us promotion

Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:37 am

Definately. It's beyond comprehension that he played McNaughton [a good full back] at Centre half, and Quinn [a decent central defender] at full back, against Watford.

He has been trying to bring in a big name Centre half all month, yet is too lazy to look elsewhere. We desperately need another full back, too.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:39 am

Keinen HAS to be an improvement on Gyepes for starters so that will do for me :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:49 am

I would love to see a left back brought in today.
I think Naylor is our weakest link and I also think teams will target him. :o :o

Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:02 am

I AGREE,OUR DEFENSE WILL CRUMBLE THE CRACKS ARE ALL READY THERE,DJ,BEING A CB IN HIS PLAYING
DAYS SHOULD KNOW THAT YOU BUILD A TEAM FROM THE BACK,GET A SOLID FOUNDATION IN FIRST,WE
NEED TO STOP LEAKING IN GOALS,I HOPE I AM PROVED WRONG.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:17 am

dodgy left back in naylor but i think our strength in attack will be enough to get us promoted :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:17 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Keinen HAS to be an improvement on Gyepes for starters so that will do for me :ayatollah:

Hoping you're right, but never having seen him play who knows. Just hope he's got a bit of pace.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:20 am

The left back and lack of cover will cost us oh an DJ also!