Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What are YOUR opinions on OUR January transfer window 2011??

Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:59 pm

It could have been a lot worse, also slightly better in my opinion. Why do I say that? well we have brought in impact players that I think are guaranteed to make a positive difference in our push to promo. In contrast I wish we had another defender just to sure that back line up. I made a joke with my mate the other day saying that we are going to play like Real Madrid a few years back, meaning you score 3 and we will score 4....That was nearly the case against Watford.

OVERALL FEELING : POSITIVE, NO BIG PLAYERS GONE BUT BIG PLAYERS IN....NOW LETS FIND FORM AND FIND GLORY! 8-)

Re: What are YOUR opinions on OUR January transfer window 2011??

Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:00 pm

1 HOUR TO GO MIND!!! :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:06 pm

Better than last years :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:08 pm

baseboy007 wrote:It could have been a lot worse, also slightly better in my opinion. Why do I say that? well we have brought in impact players that I think are guaranteed to make a positive difference in our push to promo. In contrast I wish we had another defender just to sure that back line up. I made a joke with my mate the other day saying that we are going to play like Real Madrid a few years back, meaning you score 3 and we will score 4....That was nearly the case against Watford.

OVERALL FEELING : POSITIVE, NO BIG PLAYERS GONE BUT BIG PLAYERS IN....NOW LETS FIND FORM AND FIND GLORY! 8-)

We were second when the window opened and third when it shut - one of the teams above us is now stronger than they were at the start of the window and at least 2 teams below us are now much stronger (Forest and the Foxes). We've strengthened but have we done enough to finish top 2 ? I'm not sure we have - playoffs yes but not sure we will go up automatic.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:16 pm

dorsetblue wrote:
baseboy007 wrote:It could have been a lot worse, also slightly better in my opinion. Why do I say that? well we have brought in impact players that I think are guaranteed to make a positive difference in our push to promo. In contrast I wish we had another defender just to sure that back line up. I made a joke with my mate the other day saying that we are going to play like Real Madrid a few years back, meaning you score 3 and we will score 4....That was nearly the case against Watford.

We were second when the window opened and third when it shut - one of the teams above us is now stronger than they were at the start of the window and at least 2 teams below us are now much stronger (Forest and the Foxes). We've strengthened but have we done enough to finish top 2 ? I'm not sure we have - playoffs yes but not sure we will go up automatic.

Very true, I very impressed with Notts Forrest loan in's. Reputation apart though I still believe we have THE perfect team dynamics to take us up comfortably.....that's easy to say if every player is bang on form and they don't feel any of the usual building pressure from fans at this time of the year.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:07 pm

Could be worse some strong ones in JET and rambo but my worry is that we only have rambo for a month and one of the regular players will have to sit it out as rambo will not sit on the bench.