Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Does this mean that jay can leave for free

Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:57 am

I am buzzing about the fact that jay is staying!!

Sorry about the negative but I am right in saying he could leave for nothing!! In the summer :o :o :shock:

Regardless it's going to be buzzing tonight!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Does this mean that jay can leave for free

Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:02 am

Canton stand baz wrote:I am buzzing about the fact that jay is staying!!

Sorry about the negative but I am right in saying he could leave for nothing!! In the summer :o :o :shock:

Regardless it's going to be buzzing tonight!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes but if we go up he will prolly sign a new contract :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:20 am

I don't care if he leaves for free. We would have got f**k all for him at this time anyway and we'll earn more if we get promoted. I am so pleased he's staying and don't care what his reasons are. I genuinely believe he sees this as unfinished business though and even though he probably would have gone if a big bid was accepted, I don't think he'd have liked leaving us. He now has an opportunity to carve his name in our club's folklore by guiding us to the promised land. :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:51 pm

I think there'll be more respect him leaving for free than us selling him for peanuts which would have conseqeunces like John Toshack-season ticket renewal-fans would've held on to end if season to see what happens-no promotion its a case of 'never supported City since Bothroyd was sold' :evil:

Me 'I'll be there' :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:53 pm

Without Jay our chances of going up IMO would have been dramatically reduced, of course its a risk letting him go for free but we wont have a better chance to go up so to me it was imperative he stayed

Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:56 pm

TBH I have never had a problem with players leaving for nothing at the end of their contracts. By defintion they have honoured their commitment to us and like anyone else they are free to apply their trade wherever they like.

Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:02 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:TBH I have never had a problem with players leaving for nothing at the end of their contracts. By defintion they have honoured their commitment to us and like anyone else they are free to apply their trade wherever they like.

That's it. :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:24 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:TBH I have never had a problem with players leaving for nothing at the end of their contracts. By defintion they have honoured their commitment to us and like anyone else they are free to apply their trade wherever they like.

That's it. :ayatollah:

Like many fans, I've got this feeling of "It's now or never" for promotion to the top-flight.