Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Near perfection for jones (summary of window)

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:22 am

I believe if you asked jones at start of window and said to him that he would keep jay and not lose any stars hed be more than happy. His business has involved sending a young lad(wildig) who needs games out on loan to do exactly that, got a striker (keogh) off the wage bill who works hard but didnt look like doing what hes paid to do and put ball in the net, let a midfielder who was probably on decent wages(drinkwater) go back to united and replaced him with someone who can more than do the job he couldnt in opening up defences and running games in ramsey. Brought in a champions league centre half in keinan whos record in that champs campaign was very good i might add to sure up a shakey defence a signing i think we all agree we needed.
How could i forget he also brought in the beast to ensure that even if jay does get injured we may not need a plan b and have competition for his place. All this and he still gets a flying jet to play on the wing!! To be perfectly honest i think the club and manager have done us proud this window and we have a squad fit for the top two its now upto jones to deliver it.

The reason this post says near perfection is i think the manager would probably like another defender where as us as fans would probably still like a defensive centre midfielder and left back

Agree/disagree?

heres to promotion bluebirds!!! :ayatollah:

Re: Near perfection for jones (summary of window)

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:32 am

As I pointed out in another thread it depends on your view of what 'backing' amounts to.

Personally I agree the business done in this window has been very shrewd and has left DJ with no excuses for not delivering promotion (although I'm sure he would find one if he needed to ;) )

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:34 am

Good post. We will never be in a better position to go up.
Next three months should be a breeze as we brush teams aside.
However, this is Cardiff City and not only will we be on a roller coaster ride, we will be in the carriage with squeaky wheels and no seat belts! :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Feking exciting though! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:34 am

tonnehead wrote:I believe if you asked jones at start of window and said to him that he would keep jay and not lose any stars hed be more than happy. His business has involved sending a young lad(wildig) who needs games out on loan to do exactly that, got a striker (keogh) off the wage bill who works hard but didnt look like doing what hes paid to do and put ball in the net, let a midfielder who was probably on decent wages(drinkwater) go back to united and replaced him with someone who can more than do the job he couldnt in opening up defences and running games in ramsey. Brought in a champions league centre half in keinan whos record in that champs campaign was very good i might add to sure up a shakey defence a signing i think we all agree we needed.
How could i forget he also brought in the beast to ensure that even if jay does get injured we may not need a plan b and have competition for his place. All this and he still gets a flying jet to play on the wing!! To be perfectly honest i think the club and manager have done us proud this window and we have a squad fit for the top two its now upto jones to deliver it.

The reason this post says near perfection is i think the manager would probably like another defender where as us as fans would probably still like a defensive centre midfielder and left back

Agree/disagree?

heres to promotion bluebirds!!! :ayatollah:

Agree 100% - Personally, I'm glad he hasn't spent huge sums on transfer fees, he's shipped out the right squad players and this may free up some wages for a loan or two. The only regret I suspect he will have is that we still have Koumas on the books.

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:35 am

I still think we're short of a decent left back and right back. I hope we keep the McNaughton and Hudson partnership in the middle because they've been fantastic together. I would have liked us to go for a couple of full backs though. As for the rest of the squad, no complaints. Just glad we've kept Jay to be honest.

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:49 am

Zabier wrote:I still think we're short of a decent left back and right back. I hope we keep the McNaughton and Hudson partnership in the middle because they've been fantastic together. I would have liked us to go for a couple of full backs though. As for the rest of the squad, no complaints. Just glad we've kept Jay to be honest.

i think we needed one more full back but the CB issue should be resolved with Keinan. That releases McNaughton to full back.

Not sure who I'd pick tonight at the back but would probably go with Quinn, Keinan, Hudson, McNaughton. That leaves Gypes, Mathews, Naylor, Blake as our back up :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:52 am

Excellent post. Still think Naylor is weak link and has not been replaced. However there is still the possibilty of a loan signing if needed.

We may never get a better chance of promotion. Its up to DJ, the players and also the fans to get us to the premiership.

3 points tonight will be a very nice start. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:55 am

We were told enough times that the money spent in the window would be dependant on the Club's league position , so Im guessing as we were 2nd or 3rd over the past week or so that DJ got the FULL backing from VT / TG and that the players brought in were all we were ever going to get ? Good job we wernt 5th or 6th in the table .............. also good to see DJ hasnt signed any injury prone player too :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:01 am

I agree, we have a great squad. With Keough and Drinkwater leaving DJ must have a loan signing lined up for next week, probably a CB, but even without this squad should good enough

Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:13 am

As we can be content with what we have brought in I can't help but have a slight fear. QPR and Forest have stolen the March over the past two weeks with transfers. OK we brought in Ramsey, Jet, Parkin and DK, problem I have is that Ramsey will be called back to the gooners in March, Jet is only here for the rest of the season, DK is unknown so lets give him a chance and Parkin although very physical and proven goalscoreris unlikely to remain injury free.

Unless DJ has a plan with new loanees coming with an option to buy should we make the prem I feel that we could be left in a poor position should we not get promoted- Bellamy will probably leave as will Jay, Jet and Rambo will be back at Arsenal we could lose the likes of Chops with no back up as the loanees will have been recalled.

I am very disappointed that the owners did not back DJ as promised but we can not be too harsh on them as they have stabilised our club and took us away from the brink of going out of business.

Lets keep the faith and believe, a huge game coming up against Forest then we should now where we stand for the run in.

Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:35 am

a full back would have been nice, but by and large, i think we can be satisfied..

i reckon it's between us, forest and norwich for the autos.

i'm looking forward to the QPR slide

Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:37 am

wdb2721 wrote:As we can be content with what we have brought in I can't help but have a slight fear. QPR and Forest have stolen the March over the past two weeks with transfers. OK we brought in Ramsey, Jet, Parkin and DK, problem I have is that Ramsey will be called back to the gooners in March, Jet is only here for the rest of the season, DK is unknown so lets give him a chance and Parkin although very physical and proven goalscoreris unlikely to remain injury free.

Unless DJ has a plan with new loanees coming with an option to buy should we make the prem I feel that we could be left in a poor position should we not get promoted- Bellamy will probably leave as will Jay, Jet and Rambo will be back at Arsenal we could lose the likes of Chops with no back up as the loanees will have been recalled.

I am very disappointed that the owners did not back DJ as promised but we can not be too harsh on them as they have stabilised our club and took us away from the brink of going out of business.

Lets keep the faith and believe, a huge game coming up against Forest then we should now where we stand for the run in.

I agree in one sense QPR & Nottingham Forest are our biggest rivals.

Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:59 am

The loan window reopens soon don't forget, and with some season ticket money in the coffers aswell, maybe we're not done yet......

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:05 am

Deano1 wrote:The loan window reopens soon don't forget, and with some season ticket money in the coffers aswell, maybe we're not done yet......

:D

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:25 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Deano1 wrote:The loan window reopens soon don't forget, and with some season ticket money in the coffers aswell, maybe we're not done yet......

The Malaysians haven't splashed the cash.

My view is they consider Dj's words, best squad ever, now have firmly put the onus on DJ to deliver. My reading of it is that they've seen some of the players coming in that Jones wanted have been a mixed bunch this season so maybe hedged their bets on his judgment.