Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

You've got to give it do Dave Jones......

Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:50 am

I'm gunna get slated by a few for this but.........I think we've gotta give DJ a lot of praise.

He has assembled a fantastic looking squad, once again without spending any real money. Ok, he's used the rules and regs. available but there is nothing wrong with that, it's an option open to everyone in the Championship.

Love or hate his style, he clearly has something that can spot available, decent or (better!) players and also convince them to sign for CCFC. We have come a long long way in recent years but there are still more 'fashionable' clubs out there. So DJ has done brilliantly ,in my opinion, to attract the players he has. (He may have even shown some passion when talking to them!! :lol: )

Whether or not he has other weaknesses which may or may not hinder our promotion bid is another arguement and ,yes, we'd all have liked another player or 2 in January(I'm sure DJ would've too!). But surely, we should all agree that he has done brilliantly to assemble the squad of players we now have?

Well done DJ-now go get us promoted!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: You've got to give it do Dave Jones......

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:19 am

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:I'm gunna get slated by a few for this but.........I think we've gotta give DJ a lot of praise.

He has assembled a fantastic looking squad, once again without spending any real money. Ok, he's used the rules and regs. available but there is nothing wrong with that, it's an option open to everyone in the Championship.

Love or hate his style, he clearly has something that can spot available, decent or (better!) players and also convince them to sign for CCFC. We have come a long long way in recent years but there are still more 'fashionable' clubs out there. So DJ has done brilliantly ,in my opinion, to attract the players he has. (He may have even shown some passion when talking to them!! :lol: )

Whether or not he has other weaknesses which may or may not hinder our promotion bid is another arguement and ,yes, we'd all have liked another player or 2 in January(I'm sure DJ would've too!). But surely, we should all agree that he has done brilliantly to assemble the squad of players we now have?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I Agree ITS A SUPERB SQUAD, FULL OF QUALITY, NOW DJ MANAGE THEM and TAKE US UP :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:24 am

Forever Blue wrote:
i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:I'm gunna get slated by a few for this but.........I think we've gotta give DJ a lot of praise.

I Agree ITS A SUPERB SQUAD, FULL OF QUALITY, NOW DJ MANAGE THEM and TAKE US UP :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It's the managing bit that worries me!! :lol:

Come on DJ shut us all up and do the business!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:25 am

very exciting times for us, lets just hope the lads click on the pitch and play the passing football we showed against leeds away, one game at a time guys starting with 3 points tonight! :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:25 am

I still reckon there is one more superb signing lined up next week

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:27 am

neeball wrote:I still reckon there is one more superb signing lined up next week

Oh god, please don't start that again.....let's have a few days off transfer speculation! Don't think I can cope! :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:27 am

would you all be happy with another loan singing? the only disapointing thing about the transfer window is that we didnt sign anyone late on so now im thinking we are going to get a player on loan. i think a bit more extra quality is needed and im only saying that because of the players qpr, hull, leicester etc are bringing in

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:28 am

Your right he has done well to assemble such a strong squad but we are talking DJ and the big question will always be there, can he use the Quality, Strength and depth of the squad to win automatic promotion. Anything else would IMO be failure and I don't see how anyone could argue with that statement. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

He could start this weekend by ditching all it's only another game, it's only 3 points and all that rubbish and send his team out to play to their strengths and not worry about them.

We need to approach that game with 2 aims 3 points and tearing a new arsehole into that inbred tw*t Tate. Just my opinion mind :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:30 am

Yes - a loan signing with a view to perm deal in the summer would be ideal

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:32 am

castleblue wrote:

Your right he has done well to assemble such a strong squad but we are talking DJ and the big question will always be there, can he use the Quality, Strength and depth of the squad to win automatic promotion. Anything else would IMO be failure and I don't see how anyone could argue with that statement. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

He could start this weekend by ditching all it's only another game, it's only 3 points and all that rubbish and send his team out to play to their strengths and not worry about them.

We need to approach that game with 2 aims 3 points and tearing a new arsehole into that inbred tw*t Tate. Just my opinion mind :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Spot on Castle. Got a huge game tonight first. But then DJ has got to approach Sunday differently?? He must get advice from people so even if he doesn't realise himself! It's not another 3 points-they're are competing with us for auto's for 1! and they are JACK B@ST@RDS for 2!!

Come on DJ, sort it out!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: