Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" DONT RUSH IN TO MOVING TO THE CANTON STAND UNTIL "

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:04 am

" DONT RUSH IN TO MOVING TO THE CANTON STAND UNTIL THE CLUB HAVE OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED EXACTLY WHAT THEIR INTENTIONS ARE "
Just my Advice.
There is a meeting tonight, I really cant understand why as there are 2,000 EMPTY SEATS IN THE CANTON STAND and 3 Sections with over 400 EMPTY SEATS IN EACH AREA. If a Fan wants to move in there, I really cant see why there suddenly now needs to be meetings about it etc, it was the Club who approached this Forum in the FIRST PLACE REGARDING LACK OF ATMOSPHERE .

I will be holding tight for NOW IN MY SEAT IN THE NINIAN STAND UNTIL EVERYTHING IS SORTED, But thats just me, I would rather hear what the Concerns are first before making up My mind, I Really Dont See any Reason for ANY CONCERN.

Re: " DONT RUSH IN TO MOVING TO THE CANTON STAND UNTIL "

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:06 am

surely fans can go where the bloody hell they want to??

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:07 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:surely fans can go where the bloody hell they want to??

Correct, But Suddenly a meeting has been Called to Discuss This Hmm :roll:

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:10 am

what are the concerns that will be discussed in the meeting? i can't see exactly what problems there can be unless stewarding needs sorting out

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:10 am

i have concerns to.....this really fat bird sits in front of me and makes such a loud noise when she eats, have a word annis and see if i can have a meeting with the club about this pfffft :roll:

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:14 am

lewis91 wrote:what are the concerns that will be discussed in the meeting? i can't see exactly what problems there can be unless stewarding needs sorting out

Thats what I Cant Wait to hear, I PERSONALLY DO NOT SEE ANY or ANY NEED FOR THIS MEETING. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:15 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:i have concerns to.....this really fat bird sits in front of me and makes such a loud noise when she eats, have a word annis and see if i can have a meeting with the club about this pfffft :roll:

:lol: :lol:

Maybe the ones raising their concerns can speak to her :lol:

Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:18 am

Forever Blue wrote:
lewis91 wrote:what are the concerns that will be discussed in the meeting? i can't see exactly what problems there can be unless stewarding needs sorting out

Thats what I Cant Wait to hear, I PERSONALLY DO NOT SEE ANY or ANY NEED FOR THIS MEETING. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I hope the club doesnt mess us fans around with this. its a great idea and an idea that has taken alot of time to think of by people like yourself with only limited things to choose from. i personally would be gutted if i didnt move to the canton stand and stayed in my seat in the ninian. its our club and we need to do something about the atmosphere, we cant keep on relying on the club. LETS ALL MOVE!!! lol :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:36 am

Annis, the mtg is probably no more than to rubber stamp the changes that will be adopted next season. Also there is the sit'n should we get promoted.

StT.

Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:47 am

Hopefully tonight any issues that they MAY have (which they shouldn't), can be clarified by the club, and the project can go ahead.

I can't see the club jeopardising the move by making any restrictions on it - the meeting is probably to cover their backs instead of facing issues some saddos might have later on. I hope ALL parties know how good an opportunity this is for both sides to reach a compromise that benefits EVERYONE.

Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:58 am

Big Mother is watching....!!!! :lol:

I'll not be relinquishing my seat in 117 without a fight, that's for sure....

The club need to find an amicable solution that, in reality, doesn't piss off the very supporters they NEED to keep happy, i.e. the life-longs that won't 'jump ship' at the first sign of a slump....

I think this Wayne Nash character appears to be one of those 'give a little man a little bit of power' characters....

Am I right????

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" DONT RUSH IN TO MOVING TO THE CANTON STAND UNTIL THE CLUB HAVE OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED EXACTLY WHAT THEIR INTENTIONS ARE "
Just my Advice.
There is a meeting tonight, I really cant understand why as there are 2,000 EMPTY SEATS IN THE CANTON STAND and 3 Sections with over 400 EMPTY SEATS IN EACH AREA. If a Fan wants to move in there, I really cant see why there suddenly now needs to be meetings about it etc, it was the Club who approached this Forum in the FIRST PLACE REGARDING LACK OF ATMOSPHERE .

I will be holding tight for NOW IN MY SEAT IN THE NINIAN STAND UNTIL EVERYTHING IS SORTED, But thats just me, I would rather hear what the Concerns are first before making up My mind, I Really Dont See any Reason for ANY CONCERN.

Fully agree, Annis....the club NEED to offer up some GENUINE reasoning and then (only if we agree) some VIABLE alternatives

Perhaps they could give us 'Premier Club' seats for the duration of the 'price freeze' as a softener!! :lol: :lol:

Keep up the good work, mate. I know you'll stand your ground....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:58 pm

Will you be able to let the forum know what the outcome of this meeting is Annis? At the moment me and my brother are in 118 and we both said we'd wait to see if the forum gets seats together before deciding where to move cheers :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" DONT RUSH IN TO MOVING TO THE CANTON STAND UNTIL THE CLUB HAVE OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED EXACTLY WHAT THEIR INTENTIONS ARE "
Just my Advice.

I'm only guessing but I would imagine that the club are desperate to move you all over to the Canton. In that case you do have a very strong bargining chip and shouldn't be shy in using it.

Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:56 pm

Annis are you able to propose at the meeting that the club allow 117,118 to stand and sing . That seems the easiest option and keeps all parties happy. Its not that a big concession for the club to make and would mean their stewards and officials dont have to keep running around trying to get the 1171//118 to sit down. We would also keep the atmoshphere in 2 parts of the stadium :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:10 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:Annis, the mtg is probably no more than to rubber stamp the changes that will be adopted next season. Also there is the sit'n should we get promoted.

StT.

Hopefully :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Where I sit at the Moment in the Ninian Stand None of the area around me would need to move if we got promoted, We were going to move to help create a better Atmosphere, But as you usual Politics have got in the way :roll:

Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:17 pm

I'm only guessing but I would imagine that the club are desperate to move you all over to the Canton. In that case you do have a very strong bargining chip and shouldn't be shy in using it.

Yep thats my view too

The only issue I would think is a concern is the fact that someone from SAG is attending...The Safety advisory group will not agree to standing in any formal meeting...but its common knowledge that standing occurs behind the goals at quite a few Premier league grounds...other than that I have not heard a single person say that its a bad idea to have everyone who prefers to sing and stand congregate in one area, the club asked for this two years ago and even before then in the planning meetings.

Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:23 pm

maybe all that want to stand can join us in 117 and theres no price difference etc....its when those without season tickets turn up and hate us standing so if we can fill the block,no problems hey.

Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:27 pm

I don't get it, if you pay your money to watch the city, you pay to sit/stand wherever you bloody well want. Why are people kicking up a fuss about this? We intend on moving from Ninian to the Canton but think I'll leave it for a bit.

Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:31 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:Annis are you able to propose at the meeting that the club allow 117,118 to stand and sing . That seems the easiest option and keeps all parties happy. Its not that a big concession for the club to make and would mean their stewards and officials dont have to keep running around trying to get the 1171//118 to sit down. We would also keep the atmoshphere in 2 parts of the stadium :ayatollah:

Not everyone in 117 118 wants to stand, and if anyone wishes to sit then they have every right to expect the club to deal with it. From the very start the fans have been told that standing would be treated more tolerantly in the Canton stand, they don't want fans standing up facing away fans and goading them and you have more chance of seeing the Jack fans doing the Ayatollah than being allowed to stand in 117 and 118.
If you think the stewarding was heavy last year, wait until we get in the Prem, they don't want to see rival fans standing close to one another calling it on, and whilst some enjoy the buzz, what does it really achieve, do you think it frightens them, do they frighten you 20 yards away behind two rows of coppers, it's 2011, those of us who have memories of the full on mad days should treasure them because we wont see them again no matter how many toys we throw out of the pram.

Just the truth and telling it how it is. :old:

Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:45 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:

Big Mother is watching....!!!! :lol:

I'll not be relinquishing my seat in 117 without a fight, that's for sure....

The club need to find an amicable solution that, in reality, doesn't piss off the very supporters they NEED to keep happy, i.e. the life-longs that won't 'jump ship' at the first sign of a slump....

I think this Wayne Nash character appears to be one of those 'give a little man a little bit of power' characters....

Am I right????

wayne nash has been around a long time m8. :old: And is well respected ex hoolie

Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:57 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:Annis are you able to propose at the meeting that the club allow 117,118 to stand and sing . That seems the easiest option and keeps all parties happy. Its not that a big concession for the club to make and would mean their stewards and officials dont have to keep running around trying to get the 1171//118 to sit down. We would also keep the atmoshphere in 2 parts of the stadium :ayatollah:

Not everyone in 117 118 wants to stand, and if anyone wishes to sit then they have every right to expect the club to deal with it. From the very start the fans have been told that standing would be treated more tolerantly in the Canton stand, they don't want fans standing up facing away fans and goading them and you have more chance of seeing the Jack fans doing the Ayatollah than being allowed to stand in 117 and 118.
If you think the stewarding was heavy last year, wait until we get in the Prem, they don't want to see rival fans standing close to one another calling it on, and whilst some enjoy the buzz, what does it really achieve, do you think it frightens them, do they frighten you 20 yards away behind two rows of coppers, it's 2011, those of us who have memories of the full on mad days should treasure them because we wont see them again no matter how many toys we throw out of the pram.

Just the truth and telling it how it is. :old:

But for some of us it isn't about goading the away fans. Its about wanting to stand and sing and have a great atmosphere, but also keep my preferred view of the pitch (which is on the side rather than behind the goal).

Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:13 pm

I do not want to be a stick in the mud , but I would have thought that the NINIAN STAND would generate the most noise especially being next to or closer to the away fans.What you all must remember is that not everyone wants to stand throughout a game. Me ' bring back the terraces' I don't mind standing and winding up the away support.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:39 pm

Cheers Annis :ayatollah: ....Can you let us know the outcome of this meeting (want to get my season ticket sorted :ayatollah: )....My 1000th post. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D