Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Back from the Wormwood Scrubs "

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:42 pm

Lol...its not as bad as I thought it would be, but ofcourse I was just visiting...My son is looking pale and shocked and can't believe he was in work Wednesday and in Jail Thursday...its like a bad dream that he can't wake up from.

Once he was sent to the jail his family have 48 hours to make a first visit...3 of us could go...so I took his girlfriend up with me Today...from now on 3 of us can visit 3 a times a month...its not going to be easy and he has applied for transfer...

He spent the first night with young Josh Roberts from Treorchi which was beneficial to both of them...the other 4 convicted Yesterday were also in the same induction block and Pete said they were all in good spirits and as well as could be expected in the circumstances...Tonight all are being moved to a wing of the prison...hopefully they will not all be seperated.

I have not heard much about Todays sentencing only that it appears that maybe 10 more have ben sent to prison or young offenders ( does anyone know?)

The thread above started by my eldest son about sending messages of support to the lads in Jail is the best you all could do for them now lads...they would really appreciate them and we would get the messages to them

I can't speak on behalf of the other families but we all really appreciate all the support you have given us...its got us through the shock of the crazy sentences that have been purposely devised for this case after it was decided to call the football disorder a "riot" which in turn changed charges from section 4 and 5 to the extremely serious section 2 and 2 violent disorder and affray and hence the inflated, unheard of sentences.

Don't compare these sentences to anything else because they are unique to this case...devised for this case and set as an example to all football followers in the UK.....Its a case for the press, the Sun etc to exploit...it could see Chelsea and Cardiff fans convicted to up to 300 years in jail between the 150 charged...what a headline that figure will make...these lads are carrying on their shoulders the weight of 40 years of past problems and are the scapegoats to prove a political point.

I wonder in reality how many of the lads in jail were in the "risk" catergory of supporter before that Chelsea match because many of them had impecable records previously.

Good luck and my thoughts are with the families who are also having to go through what me and my family are experiencing...I am sure it will get better with time but its hard to swallow seeing far worse crimes in society getting far less punishment

thanks to you all for all your support.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35564

Re: " Back from the Wormwood Scrubs "

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:48 pm

corky wrote:Lol...its not as bad as I thought it would be, but ofcourse I was just visiting...My son is looking pale and shocked and can't believe he was in work Wednesday and in Jail Thursday...its like a bad dream that he can't wake up from.

Once he was sent to the jail his family have 48 hours to make a first visit...3 of us could go...so I took his girlfriend up with me Today...from now on 3 of us can visit 3 a times a month...its not going to be easy and he has applied for transfer...

He spent the first night with young Josh Roberts from Treorchi which was beneficial to both of them...the other 4 convicted Yesterday were also in the same induction block and Pete said they were all in good spirits and as well as could be expected in the circumstances...Tonight all are being moved to a wing of the prison...hopefully they will not all be seperated.

I have not heard much about Todays sentencing only that it appears that maybe 10 more have ben sent to prison or young offenders ( does anyone know?)

The thread above started by my eldest son about sending messages of support to the lads in Jail is the best you all could do for them now lads...they would really appreciate them and we would get the messages to them

I can't speak on behalf of the other families but we all really appreciate all the support you have given us...its got us through the shock of the crazy sentences that have been purposely devised for this case after it was decided to call the football disorder a "riot" which in turn changed charges from section 4 and 5 to the extremely serious section 2 and 2 violent disorder and affray and hence the inflated, unheard of sentences.

Don't compare these sentences to anything else because they are unique to this case...devised for this case and set as an example to all football followers in the UK.....Its a case for the press, the Sun etc to exploit...it could see Chelsea and Cardiff fans convicted to up to 300 years in jail between the 150 charged...what a headline that figure will make...these lads are carrying on their shoulders the weight of 40 years of past problems and are the scapegoats to prove a political point.

I wonder in reality how many of the lads in jail were in the "risk" catergory of supporter before that Chelsea match because many of them had impecable records previously.

Good luck and my thoughts are with the families who are also having to go through what me and my family are experiencing...I am sure it will get better with time but its hard to swallow seeing far worse crimes in society getting far less punishment

It's very sad mate, one experience you could do without no doubt......

Send them our best :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:54 pm

Corky, Thanks for updating us, especially when you and your family are still trying to come to terms with such devastating news.
I hope Peter and the rest of the lads get transferred quick so they can be near their families.
Your Son never in a million years deserved to go to jail and the Law Stinks when it comes to football fans.
If you need anything you know I will be there :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:58 pm

i left just after morgan went down ,at that point at 8out of 11 had gone down.hes in young offenders so get more details tomorrow

Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:00 pm

Thanks for the update corky.

It really is a terrible shame and I think you are right that these lads are carrying the can for all past history. Keep your chin up mate and good wishes to all the family.

If there is anything I can do, please don't hesitate, just pm or email me.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:00 pm

don't know what to say corky in such events but i hope your lad and the rest of the city fans can dig deep and keep there heads up in such difficult circumstances .

the law is an ass

Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:06 pm

hope all the city boys are ok,, :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:20 pm

All the best Corky.

My thoughts are with you, your son and your family.

I hate football violence and those that revel in it but these sentences are completely disproportionate.

Good luck.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:43 pm

to corky and dibs my wishes go out to you both.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:45 pm

Our thoughts are with you and your family Corky at the sad time, cant belive the severity of the sentences, please pass on our best to all the lads involved and if thers ANYTHING we can do to help dont hestitate to ask. Remembering the good times on the Bryncethin Rams bus ... Abbie & Packi.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:04 am

They say words are cheap Paul, but not when it comes from the heart of City fans. Nothing is forever mate and time will soon pass. Thinking of you and all the other families and of course all the boys that have been made scapegoats for our so-called judicial system, I wonder what sort of "high jinx" is happening in Cardiff City centre tonight eh.

Be strong fella :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:36 am

There but for fortune go any one of us. It is so easy to get caught up in situations beyond our control. My thoughts are with those lads and I truly hope that everything comes good on appeal.
I would be interested to know if the judgements are even handed. By that I mean are the Chelsea guys getting the same kind of sentences?

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:29 am

By the luck of knowing where i was going i avoided the kings road thank god i did cause 5 pints at stoke got me arrested for being drunk maybe one more could have been murder :o

Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:47 am

corky wrote:Lol...its not as bad as I thought it would be, but ofcourse I was just visiting...My son is looking pale and shocked and can't believe he was in work Wednesday and in Jail Thursday...its like a bad dream that he can't wake up from.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35564

hi corky mate sorry to hear about youre lad and the rest of the lads keep youre head up mate they been stitched up big time

Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:22 am

Chin up to the lads and their families at this difficult time, dont normally wish our lives away but all bluebirds want the next 16 months to go as quick as it can so all the lads can get their lives back to normal. It will now be interesting to see what kind of punishment those rioting students will recieve. Best Wishes to all the scapegoat lads.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:31 am

TO the british justice system = your a f*cking joke.
Keep the faith fellas and get through it . Hope you get transferred and everything will be ok. :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:28 am

What can I say matey,still gob smacked. The Law in this country is a feckin' joke.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:06 am

We're all feeling this to an extent. Most of us probably know a few
of those banged up. my message to all the lads is. Chin up. soon be
over

and

f**k THE JUDICIARY, CROOKED KIDDY FIDDLING JUDGES AND CHIEF INSPECTORS

ccfc. one love

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:47 pm

My thoughts are with all the families concerned.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:16 pm

Thanks for keeping us updated in this sad and worrying time.

Keep your heads up lads

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:21 pm

Terrible situation --hope someone somewhere gets this injustice into the national press
comparing th sentances with those of real criminals.
It could have been me or amyone else--luckily on that day I went straight rom the game into a pub to watch the Rugby.

Throwing a cone 16 months

rape 24 months
http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teess ... -28077481/

no sense

best wishes to all

can someone set up a Facebook page to highlight this injustice

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:51 pm

Mafor wrote:Terrible situation --hope someone somewhere gets this injustice into the national press
It could have been me or amyone else--luckily on that day I went straight rom the game into a pub to watch the Rugby.

rape 24 months

no sense

best wishes to all

"Ryan, of Otterpool Close, Hartlepool, pleaded guilty to two counts of sexual assault. He had 23 previous convictions, including arson, assault causing actual bodily harm and criminal damage offences.

Nicholas Lumley, defending, asked the judge to take Ryan’s age into account and that Ryan had no convictions for sexual offences.

He added that Ryan was “affected” by drink and cannabis at the time.

“It was boorish and selfish behaviour,” he said, but while on bail Ryan had been offered a bricklayer’s apprenticeship.

Judge Peter Fox QC, the Recorder of Middlesbrough, said it was a “persistent” and “prolonged” attack, where the girl had to “fight for her honour”. He said: “You were cunning, you seized her little dog and so in effect this girl had no choice but to come with you.” He gave Ryan two years’ detention."

Get this 23 PREVIOUS CONVICTIONS but none for sexual assualt and he only gets 2 years for TWO ACCOUNTS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT.

F**king madness.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:44 pm

Mafor wrote:Terrible situation --hope someone somewhere gets this injustice into the national press

rape 24 months

no sense

best wishes to all

I f*cking despair :twisted:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:54 pm

best of luck to the lads :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:37 pm

Not a good time for you, your family or those of the other guys, Corkey....just keep your chin up and YOUR support will help keep your boy's spirits up during a tough time

I see you mentioned that fecking rag The Sun gossip paper. Never read it myself, following its systematic destruction of my (and other) unions through their BLATANT and DELIBERATE twisting of facts, exploitation of the vulnerable and misguiding of the British public....

What worries me most is that the people it stiches up are the very same people who buy the fecking thing....

Surely there is more to buying a newspaper than a pair of breasts on Page 3 or are we really that shallow nowadays????

Hey, never mind all that, hope your nightmare ends soon, mate....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:15 pm

Don't bank on the lads being brought closer to home,a Cwmbran Lad I know who was jailed for football violence ended up in kent.
No doubt some of the sentances were over the top.
Appeals should be made against the length of the sentances.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:25 pm

Good luck to them all and their families.

Most have been stictched up big time. Hopefully the truth about some of these offences will come out.. and the law will look stupid.

What risk are most of they to society? Absolutely none so the sentences are an absolute disgrace.

We've all been 'caught up' in something at some stage.. A copper accused me of having drugs in my pocket while searching me when we were playing Lincoln years ago, when I told him I have never taken drugs and tried to get my 'wallet' out to prove that it wasn't drugs he started battering me prompting a few of my friends to protect me... obviously the coppers piled in. The police are the real nazis of football.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:50 pm

I know how the lads are feeling being stitched up and sent to jail for football violence not good at all.All i can say is keep chins up lads and the time will pass quickly its surprising. :ayatollah: special mention to James Brett all the boys send best wishes and we will get smashed in april top man. ;)

Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:52 pm

Ain't it mad but i bet if the Chelsea boys and ours was in the same cells they would be supporting each other. Why oh why is throwing a cone more outrageous to the law than raping a six year old girl. Outraged cant even compare and being a dad myself my heart is in bits for the lads that got sent down on both sides. But please lads have a smile coz we beat the Jacks but i am still thinking of you :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:33 pm

Hi Corky, my mate Robert Connelly had 16 months on Friday, I'm taking his wife to Wormwood on Monday tomorrow, dont have a VO, but am told all we need is 2 forms of ID one PHotographic and recent utility bill. Is this correct or do we need to contact Wormwood before visit.