JOP wrote:If we go up we git an option.

DJ on talksport now

"if craig wants to stay" he also said... Hopefully he will

Re: Bellamy to stay

Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:01 pm

PLEASE tell me this is true :o :o :o

Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:04 pm

I can see him wanting to stay regarding what league we are in?!

Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:24 pm

Do we really want him to though?

I'd imagine we would have to pay him a fair chunk of money plus a bit of a transfer fee. Yeah he won the game for us today but he has done it rarely this season notwithstanding his injury problems which won't get better.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:33 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:PLEASE tell me this is true :o :o :o

It's true ;)

Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:04 pm

maccydee wrote:Do we really want him to though?

I'd imagine we would have to pay him a fair chunk of money plus a bit of a transfer fee. Yeah he won the game for us today but he has done it rarely this season notwithstanding his injury problems which won't get better.

Incase you hadn't noticed, he also got us the 1 point from the Reading game. If it weren't for him then we would be further down the table.
Also, hes been an integral part of our success this season so I think your comment is unfounded to be honest. He has more passion and drive for it than some of the other players, and definately more drive and hunger for it than our manager.
People really should appreciate his contribution a bit more, where would we be had he not come here in the first place. I'm first in line to give him the praise he deserves and to hope he stays with us.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:05 pm

FFS he is almost single handedly driving us on towards the prem and you ask if we want him to stay. Yes, he'll cost a few quid, yes, he'll miss a few games, but you can't put a price on what he gives us in passion and comittment :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:07 pm

If bellers wanted to stay then im guessin that some sort of deal could be done,but if he does'nt and he ends up goin elsewher he will always be a city legend in my eyes even if it was just for 1 season :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:14 pm

Bluebird1962 wrote:

FFS he is almost single handedly driving us on towards the prem and you ask if we want him to stay. Yes, he'll cost a few quid, yes, he'll miss a few games, but you can't put a price on what he gives us in passion and comittment :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Totally agree! As I've said, don't know why people are so quick to slate him for his injury problems/rarely winning games? He's a total winner with the drive and passion to take us up. Plus, he came to us when we knew full well he had an injury problem, didn't see anyone complaining when he came?!

Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:19 pm

Bellamy gives 100% and hes cardiff thro and thro.Sorry mac your wrong on this one

Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:06 am

Can't quite believe that question... Bellamy as scored 9 goals to date and I reckon he could well get 15 for the season plus he brings passion and professionalism to our Club. Read what Oliver Holt from the Daily Mirror wrote about Bellamy a few weeks ago citing him as one of the most dedicated footballers he had ever met.

We are lucky to have him and i for one hope we can keep him and after yesterday he will always be a City Legend :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:23 am

With that goal yesterday he is assured of being a city legend whether he stays or not personally i hope he stays as he might convince some others to join us too!

Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:55 pm

If bellamy was to join on a permenant basis, I think he would attract better premiership players to us. Hopefully he does stay now after the loan but he would have to take a huge paycut from what he's on at Manchester City. He'll always be a legend for what he did yesterday the Jacks. :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:52 pm

pay is the problem. he is on a reported 90k a week at the moment. personally i dont want to see our club paying any more than 30k a week (which is what chopra will be on) in the prem. he has said previously that money is no issue for him. so if thats true i hope a deal can be done

Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:07 pm

JOP wrote:If we go up we git an option.

DJ on talksport now

any ideas how to listen to this again?

Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:34 pm

earnieblue wrote:Bellamy gives 100% and hes cardiff thro and thro.Sorry mac your wrong on this one

It was only a couple of weeks ago when we lost to Watford or after the Bristol game when a lot on here were saying that Bellamy wasn't such a positive to the squad. I love Bellamy for coming here and for scoring against the Jacks and for his passion and commitment but we would be lying if we said it had gone as well as we all expected it to.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:46 pm

To have a player of his stature playing for us is incredible
Carlos tevez, went on on record last season..saying.. he felt a little shy recieving his player of the year award, bellers was by far the top man at city and in the top 3 of the prem, in carlos own words.

I believe a deal has been done, should we reach the promised land, we pay them ?? £million and bellers is ours...
Fail (god forbid) they take him back and flog him to the highest bidder,,,,, and we will not be one of those able to bid..

Get behind the guy to lead us there... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:37 pm

I agree with those comments mac a lot of people were slating bellamy and criticising me n other members for saying he was a legend. He was 1 of the best players in the premiership last season, he cardiff born and cardiff bred unbelievable talent and commitment. He's a bluebird through and through and still world class!!!