Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CLIFFHANGER "

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:04 pm

Have just done the BBC predictor or the remaining games of the season up until the last set of matches. Allowing for you guys to beat us 1-0 on 23rd April, going into the final game I have you on 79 points with Norwich on 77 points, with you having a superior goal difference of +5 over them. This would mean that you will need to get a draw on the last game against Burnley, who I believe need to get a result on the final day to secure a play-off berth. Norwich incidently have a reasonable home game against Coventry. I have a deep set hatred of Norwich which goes back to 17th April 1976, so hopefully you will get that point. Ironically I make us Football League Champions on 18th April, 35 years and 1 day after that fateful day at Carrow Road, (check your football history).

Re: " CLIFFHANGER "

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:08 pm

If it came down to the last game of the Season, I for one would with out doubt have NO FAITH IN DAVE JONES or ANY TEAM HE MANAGES .

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:If it came down to the last game of the Season, I for one would with out doubt have NO FAITH IN DAVE JONES or ANY TEAM HE MANAGES .

But that is what is so great about the ironies of football. When you think you have no chance, something turns up.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:17 pm

DWQPR wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:If it came down to the last game of the Season, I for one would with out doubt have NO FAITH IN DAVE JONES or ANY TEAM HE MANAGES .

But that is what is so great about the ironies of football. When you think you have no chance, something turns up.

Were talking about Dave Jones.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
DWQPR wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:26 pm

We only needed a point against a very average Sheff Weds team with nothing to play for 2 years ago and couldn't manage that under him.
I hope we dont have to get a result of anykind at Burnley as i wouldn't be too confident .

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:32 pm

Going to Burnley, I wouldnt be that confident tbh :(

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:33 pm

DWQPR wrote:Have just done the BBC predictor or the remaining games of the season up until the last set of matches. Allowing for you guys to beat us 1-0 on 23rd April, going into the final game I have you on 79 points with Norwich on 77 points, with you having a superior goal difference of +5 over them. This would mean that you will need to get a draw on the last game against Burnley, who I believe need to get a result on the final day to secure a play-off berth. Norwich incidently have a reasonable home game against Coventry. I have a deep set hatred of Norwich which goes back to 17th April 1976, so hopefully you will get that point. Ironically I make us Football League Champions on 18th April, 35 years and 1 day after that fateful day at Carrow Road, (check your football history).

i posted on here earlier, i dont want to go to burnley, looking for a result, i can see it now, we need 2 goals, were 1-0 up on 95 min, and we get a penalty, and we miss it, :roll:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:52 pm

DWQPR wrote:Have just done the BBC predictor or the remaining games of the season up until the last set of matches. Allowing for you guys to beat us 1-0 on 23rd April, going into the final game I have you on 79 points with Norwich on 77 points, with you having a superior goal difference of +5 over them. This would mean that you will need to get a draw on the last game against Burnley, who I believe need to get a result on the final day to secure a play-off berth. Norwich incidently have a reasonable home game against Coventry. I have a deep set hatred of Norwich which goes back to 17th April 1976, so hopefully you will get that point. Ironically I make us Football League Champions on 18th April, 35 years and 1 day after that fateful day at Carrow Road, (check your football history).

dwqpr i have just finished a predictor and had us finising 6th on goal difference
1st qpr 94
2nd burnley 83
3rd hull 80
4th forest 79
5th norwich 79
6th cardiff 78

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:05 pm

Perko, I think that you have factored in too many wins for the top sides and based on the last few weeks that isn't going to happen. But what it will be is too close to call for any of the teams from second to eighth. if you lot can avoid making any more loan signings for the rest of the campaign then I think that will be vital. What you need is YOUR players taking ownership of the situation and standing tall. Forget about Ramsey, forget about Olifenjani or whatever his name is, forget about Bellamy and the rest of the invisible mob that are earning a shedload and not delivering, you need your players, those who will definitely be Cardiff City players next year if you gain promotion. That is what Jones should be doing and what he should have been doing all season and he would have got a better response from the players. We went down the route of multiple loanees for the last couple of seasons and it doesn't work. Warnock at the start of this season said that he would keep loans to the minimum and he has, we have had three all season and only two currently and one of those it seems is lined up to join if we achieve promotion.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:29 pm

if only the game was played on paper :old:

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:35 pm

DWGPR, this is nothing new to the run in for us, we can't hack the pressure, oh wait is that Mr jones?

Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:37 pm

DWQPR wrote:Perko, I think that you have factored in too many wins for the top sides and based on the last few weeks that isn't going to happen. But what it will be is too close to call for any of the teams from second to eighth. if you lot can avoid making any more loan signings for the rest of the campaign then I think that will be vital. What you need is YOUR players taking ownership of the situation and standing tall. Forget about Ramsey, forget about Olifenjani or whatever his name is, forget about Bellamy and the rest of the invisible mob that are earning a shedload and not delivering, you need your players, those who will definitely be Cardiff City players next year if you gain promotion. That is what Jones should be doing and what he should have been doing all season and he would have got a better response from the players. We went down the route of multiple loanees for the last couple of seasons and it doesn't work. Warnock at the start of this season said that he would keep loans to the minimum and he has, we have had three all season and only two currently and one of those it seems is lined up to join if we achieve promotion.

maybe you right about factoring to many wins i gave burnley 7 hull 8? :lol: forest 5 norwich 4 city 5. norwich and forest more realistic i guess. but that still leaves them above us. and i do agree it will be very close and we can still get 2nd but i just dont think we will. what you say about our players taking ownership, it wont happen they are not that bunch in my opinion. there are only three/four players i rate who are city players. hudson been a massive improvement this season, keinan looks very strong and reliable, mcnaughton mr reliable and chopra most determined player we have. i would include jay but he needs the right management.

i guess the ammount of loanees we have had has no doubt had a major impact on squad bonding/morale but i do feel that most have contributed well and we would not be where we are now without them. i just feel like so many that we should have been in a better position than we are now with the squad we have.

i dont blame the gaffer for every bad result as it is also down to the players as well but if we had a neil warnock on the sidline we would probably be where you are now. i dont think many will disagree with that.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
DWQPR wrote:

:lol: Not sure why but sadistically that conversation has tickled me. I think it's the fact I can imagine you saying that seriously Annis. You are right though. If we need to get a certain amount of points from so many games... I can't see it happening.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:24 pm

Hey. What's all this chuming going on with the QPR and Cardiff fans?

Norwich fan here! Do I need a passport to post on this forum.

1976 DWQPR That wiped the smile off your face.

I'm going for a tense 2-0 to Norwich tonight. We're struggling a bit at home against the teams coming to defend. Our away form is better. I don't think Bristol will come to defend and that might be their undoing.

GGGGGrrrrrrrreeeeeennnnnnn Armyyyyyyyyyyy

Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:41 pm

ween-nasty wrote:Hey. What's all this chuming going on with the QPR and Cardiff fans?

I'm going for a tense 2-0 to Norwich tonight. We're struggling a bit at home against the teams coming to defend. Our away form is better. I don't think Bristol will come to defend and that might be their undoing.

:lol:

Welcome on Board Ween (Norwich City). All Fans are Welcome on here as long as you Respect each others Opinions, you dont have to agree, just let others have their say.

Do you feel Norwich City are Capable of getting 2nd place ?

Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ween-nasty wrote:Hey. What's all this chuming going on with the QPR and Cardiff fans?

Welcome on Board Ween (Norwich City). All Fans are Welcome on here as long as you Respect each others Opinions, you dont have to agree, just let others have their say.

There is a growing feeling here that we can. Our team isn't full of stars and there appears to be a real good team bond. What can I say about Paul Lambert. He's not everyone's cup of tea but Norwich fans think he's the messiah. After what we have gone through in the last few years that's understandable. If we move in to second tonight, there's where the pressure starts.
:ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:46 pm

my god i thought everyone liked norwich? nicest fans about arent they? I cant begrudge them anything as they are so nice. :D

Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:36 pm

ween-nasty wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

There is a growing feeling here that we can. Our team isn't full of stars and there appears to be a real good team bond. What can I say about Paul Lambert. He's not everyone's cup of tea but Norwich fans think he's the messiah. After what we have gone through in the last few years that's understandable. If we move in to second tonight, there's where the pressure starts.
:ayatollah:

I would like to wish you good luck ;)
You have good support and loyal ones at that. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:12 am

goats wrote:my god i thought everyone liked norwich? nicest fans about arent they? I cant begrudge them anything as they are so nice. :D

Nice one goats. That's how you pull a Norwich fan's chain. We all hate the nice little club image that Delia is so keen on. Our chief exec McNally (McNasty) has changed that.

No more nice little Norwich.

:twisted:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:47 pm

goats wrote:my god i thought everyone liked norwich? nicest fans about arent they? I cant begrudge them anything as they are so nice. :D

Goats, imagine you are a week short of your tenth birthday, and your team of superstars (in your young eyes) are three games away from being crowned the Premiership Champions (I have brought this up to date), and to guarantee this all they have to do is win their last three games, one away, at Norwich, and two at home, Arsenal and Leeds, all distinctly winnable games, considering that in the previous 12 games, your team has won 11 and drawn 1. So form is good. You travel to Carrow Road and tha place is packed with close on 20,000 of your own teams supporters also making the journey, and then, despite dominating the game, a fluke own goal and a blatant offside goal means that you lee unexpected 3-2, whilst your closest rivals, Liverpool win and now g ne point ahead with two games remaining. On the way out of the ground on the way back to your Dad's car all you can hear is Norwich fans taking the piss. Now that is why you hate Norwich supporters. I am not one to hold a grudge but this one is 35 years old and will remain to my dying day. I would give anything to see Norwich lose out to you guys in the promotion race.