Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Penalty Incident Yesterday

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:09 pm

Not sure if it has been debated on here but what do you all reckon on the 1st half incident involving bellers. I was at other end of ground and it looked like a penalty to me with last man fouling.

Re: Penalty Incident Yesterday

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:12 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Not sure if it has been debated on here but what do you all reckon on the 1st half incident involving bellers. I was at other end of ground and it looked like a penalty to me with last man fouling.

i was sat right behind it.

first impression Penalty

why when bells was going to pull the trigger would he decide to fall on the floor? :roll:

red card offence in my opinion.

But we seem to have nothing off the officials

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:12 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Not sure if it has been debated on here but what do you all reckon on the 1st half incident involving bellers. I was at other end of ground and it looked like a penalty to me with last man fouling.

Pen and red card.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:16 pm

glammy74 wrote:

i was sat right behind it.

first impression Penalty

why when bells was going to pull the trigger would he decide to fall on the floor? :roll:

red card offence in my opinion.

But we seem to have nothing off the officials

Shall we start the conspiracy theory? Dont think there is but recently we have had some awful decisions. Hopefully things will even themselves out and our luck will change...

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:41 pm

I think the English FA don't want us in the Premier League maybe that's why so many decisions have gone against us?

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:43 pm

I was in the Canton right where it happened. The Barnsley player took the ball in all fairness.

Bellamy wasnt claiming a pen like everyone thought, he was claiming a corner, which it was !

:ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:45 pm

bleed_blue wrote:I was in the Canton right where it happened. The Barnsley player took the ball in all fairness.

Bellamy wasnt claiming a pen like everyone thought, he was claiming a corner, which it was !

A corner-he shouldnt have bothered claiming seeing as we cant score from 1.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:48 pm

Watched it earlier on Cardiff Player and the Barnsley player was pulling Bellamy back as he went for the ball.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:01 pm

bleed_blue wrote:I was in the Canton right where it happened. The Barnsley player took the ball in all fairness.

From where I was watching he took the ball after going through the back of Bellamy - he was never the right side of Bellamy to tackle him cleanly.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:04 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

From where I was watching he took the ball after going through the back of Bellamy - he was never the right side of Bellamy to tackle him cleanly.

Fair shout there , but when do we ever get decisions ? :roll:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:06 pm

we got a decision against Palace but couldnt put the pen away

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:08 pm

alexc wrote:we got a decision against Palace but couldnt put the pen away

Didnt see that one, but any idea why the defnder didnt get booked or even sent off for deliberate handball.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:58 pm

never a penalty in a million years, it was just infront of me. bellers just didnt have the gas or power and got nudged off it.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:11 am

His right arm/shoulder was getting pulled back. Penalty, but probably a yellow given the position.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:22 am

The Barnsley player got the ball through lucky more than judgment and Bellamy made the right choice to try and beat him on the outside. Some referees might have given it but I think the referee was street wise enough to realise what Bellamy was trying to do. No idea why he didn't give the corner though.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:23 pm

I couldn't see but the ref was miles away and could not see he was that far away.

He didn't look fit to keep up with play.

Showed near the end when he was about 40 yds away,def City throw in and he booked Bellamy as a result.

One of the worst I have seen except idiot v Sheff utd a couple of yrs ago who sent off McCormack.

Keeping the faith but side needs sorting. BIG TIME!!!

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:12 pm

Make your minds up here.

Looks to me like the Barnsley player DID NOT get the ball, and caught bellamy once on the ankle, and then took his back leg as he was shooting.

To get the best look at it ignore the ball and watch the legs.

Nowhere near as clear cut as i thought at the time, and had to watch it several times to see exactly what had happened.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 424849.stm

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:31 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Make your minds up here.

Looks to me like the Barnsley player DID NOT get the ball, and caught bellamy once on the ankle, and then took his back leg as he was shooting.

To get the best look at it ignore the ball and watch the legs.

Nowhere near as clear cut as i thought at the time, and had to watch it several times to see exactly what had happened.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 424849.stm

Just seen it again. Difficult one but in my slightly biased opinion it was a penalty.