Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Our new "fans"

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:55 pm

Why do some fans feel the neccesity to be so personal when things aren't going well for us. i.e calling Dave Jones a clueless wa*ker, Hudson a f*cking donkey (before he found his form)? Booing our players off the pitch. Does anyone think the manager and players go out on the pitch not wanting to win every game? Of course they will have dips in form and are prone to making bad decisions and so on, but that''s going to happen, if it didn't they would be playing for or managing Barcelona.

I think the majority of it (not all of course) is down to the new fans that we have attracted over the last few years. The sort of fans whose priority at a game is not supporting Cardiff City, but getting out early for thier half time hot dogs and coke, or their pints, and leaving early so they "beat the traffic", not forgetting to shout "f*cking sh*t" as they leave.

The now regular sight of thousands leaving after about 75 mins, even if the game is in the balance, is something I find hard to understand. I think it looks bloody awful, and before anyone says, yes there are the odd people that need to leave early (disabled etc, etc).
Yes they have paid for the ticket, they can do what they want, but it's behaviour I personally, and many I know, find very disapointing.

Re: Our new "fans"

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:03 pm

Your right about fans leaving early, do these same people go to see a film or concert and do exactly the same :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:12 pm

Why does it matter if people choose to leave early?

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:14 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:Why does it matter if people choose to leave early?

IMO yes, you should support the team for the whole 90mins. If people say how loyal they are to Cardiff stay until the end

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:22 pm

Watch out lads, supposedly its wrong to want fans to watch all of the match

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:23 pm

What a load of crap. You people must be taking more notice of 'who's leaving early' than whats going on, on the pitch, fantastic support that.....you couldn't make it up....

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:30 pm

Bit hard not to notice it.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:11 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:What a load of crap. You people must be taking more notice of 'who's leaving early' than whats going on, on the pitch, fantastic support that.....you couldn't make it up....

Because I notice the masses leaving early, (as someone said, it's impossible not to), then would that mean that I give poor support, despite the fact I turn up and give my support for the team for the entire game, while the others are stuffing their faces or getting out early so they can get home in time for X Factor or something far more important than football.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:11 pm

Alot of people pay their hard earned cash to watch the game and earn the club 3 points. I understand your concern, but people expect something which should be delivered.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:15 pm

Liam wrote:Alot of people pay their hard earned cash to watch the game and earn the club 3 points. I understand your concern, but people expect something which should be delivered.

But it is being delivered!, you pay to watch football, and that's what you get, 90 minutes of football. Your money does not get you performances or points, it gets you football.

I guess that's no longer good enough for some though, hence the booing at anything other than a win nowadays. :roll:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:16 pm

Supporters leaving early use to happen at Ninian park it happens when the team are winning, it is for many reasons they may need public transport want to get out before all the traffic or just to get pissed whatever their reason this does not cause the team playing shit or well if players are watching supporters leaving no wonder they let in silly goals.

We should welcome new supporters as the club needs the money. But there is to much talk of supporters being negative the atmosphere is shit in the new ground supporters shouting or booing this has always happened even at ninian park.

The only difference and I am to blame for this too this season I thought we were going to piss this league with Koumas and Bellamy and be top of the league and truth is we have as a team been very disapointing and like the play off final last year we have come down with a thump its a horrible feeling, we can blame what we like but the truth is we are all upset and disapointed where we are it maybe 4th and only a few points of automatic but I thought we would be top and running away with it and we are not

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:23 pm

its happened for years and years at ninian park 1000s left early or just moved to the corners of the bob bank terrace.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:26 pm

valleyrambill wrote:Supporters leaving early use to happen at Ninian park it happens when the team are winning, it is for many reasons they may need public transport want to get out before all the traffic or just to get pissed whatever their reason this does not cause the team playing shit or well if players are watching supporters leaving no wonder they let in silly goals.

We should welcome new supporters as the club needs the money. But there is to much talk of supporters being negative the atmosphere is shit in the new ground supporters shouting or booing this has always happened even at ninian park.

The only difference and I am to blame for this too this season I thought we were going to piss this league with Koumas and Bellamy and be top of the league and truth is we have as a team been very disapointing and like the play off final last year we have come down with a thump its a horrible feeling, we can blame what we like but the truth is we are all upset and disapointed where we are it maybe 4th and only a few points of automatic but I thought we would be top and running away with it and we are not

I never thought, even when we signed Bellamy, that we would run away with it. Football just isn't like that. Yes, I thought we would have a very good chance of auto promotion, but we still have. 27 points left yet.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:28 pm

Its the no show fans that are the piss off.

The ST holders that NEVER turn up (not talking about the odd game) and the ones who simply know it all because they were influenced on radio egg by Kevin Ratcliffe et al

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:30 pm

jinks-rct wrote:its happened for years and years at ninian park 1000s left early or just moved to the corners of the bob bank terrace.

I have to disagree, yes people left early, but never in the sheer numbers they do now. Yesterday, when Barnsley scored the second goal, it was just the excuse many needed to go.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:32 pm

cwmbachbluebird wrote:Its the no show fans that are the piss off.

The ST holders that NEVER turn up (not talking about the odd game) and the ones who simply know it all because they were influenced on radio egg by Kevin Ratcliffe et al

Why would you but a ST and not use it??? Do you know anyone that does that? That's just plain bizarre.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:44 pm

Because it is disrespectful and defeatist (when we are not winning)

And another thing:

The Family Stand was allegedly 'sold out' for Sunday's game yet was only 3/4 full at kick-off. As soon as the Barnsley equaliser went in (still with a few minutes to go) I doubt there were a quarter left....

FFS, if people are only coming for the 'glory' then they have both the wrong sport AND the wrong club. Cardiff City don't do 'easy' and those of us who have supported the club over the years know that all too well....and it's partly that element of the 'unknown' that keeps us coming back!!

If you want to watch a bunch of autotons winning with production line precision then I suggest you invest in SKY TV and watch the 'live' ManUre, Chelski and Bracelona games. Hey, you could even buy a shirt off the internet and 'claim' to be genuine fans....but then again, just like the 'Plastics' at Cardiff City Stadium, we ALL know deep down that you are NOT!!

Think that's a rant?? You're too bloody right!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:54 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:

Because it is disrespectful and defeatist (when we are not winning)

And another thing:

The Family Stand was allegedly 'sold out' for Sunday's game yet was only 3/4 full at kick-off. As soon as the Barnsley equaliser went in (still with a few minutes to go) I doubt there were a quarter left....

FFS, if people are only coming for the 'glory' then they have both the wrong sport AND the wrong club. Cardiff City don't do 'easy' and those of us who have supported the club over the years know that all too well....and it's partly that element of the 'unknown' that keeps us coming back!!

If you want to watch a bunch of autotons winning with production line precision then I suggest you invest in SKY TV and watch the 'live' ManUre, Chelski and Bracelona games. Hey, you could even buy a shirt off the internet and 'claim' to be genuine fans....but then again, just like the 'Plastics' at Cardiff City Stadium, we ALL know deep down that you are NOT!!

Think that's a rant?? You're too bloody right!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amen brother! If you can't take defeat, then watching City ain't for you.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:03 pm

I follow City and the Devils, 2 teams challenging for honours in their respective sports. Both teams have strong squads and exciting individuals, but there the similarities seem to end. Down the City literally 1,000's leave 5/10 mins early and sometimes miss vital goals , down the devils I don't think you'd see more than even a handful doing this if any at all. Down the City it's commonplace now to booo your own players, again you wouldn't hear that down the Devils, The atmosphere is subdued a lot of the time down the City, being described as crap by quite a few posters on here, whereas going into the last 5 mins or so at the Devils the noise builds to a crescendo and pushes the players to push for more goals, at the end of the game down the City the players more often than not give a half hearted clap to the fans from the middle of the pitch, whereas down the Devils all the players always skate around the whole rink after the man of the match presentations and do High Fives with the kids and youngsters over the plexi glass, you can stand or sit in the rink depending on your preference, CCS is as we all know an all seater with the Canton Stand looked upon more favourably by stewards if you prefer standing, you can take your beer to your seat or standing position in the rink, you can't at CCS, home fans and away fans mingle freely at the rink but still give banter to each other which is a refreshing change to "England is full of shit, shit and more shit" which can ring out loud and clear at times down CCS.

Might sound to some like I'm having a dig at the City, far from it, just highlighting that sometimes a match at the rink can be refreshing as you don't get Tom, Dick and Harry sitting next to you slagging the City players off for most of the game then buggering off 10 mins early and missing goals.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:28 pm

stuff the new fans they can take their man utd/liverpool/chelsea supporting arse's too jackalnd,

unfortunately most of our ever faithful ninian park 'vocal sqaud' are banned, or in jail, or possibly feeling the crunch, or lost the buzz for it in this new morgue of a stadium

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:41 pm

ccfc_cotta wrote:stuff the new fans they can take their man utd/liverpool/chelsea supporting arse's too jackalnd,

unfortunately most of our ever faithful ninian park 'vocal sqaud' are banned, or in jail, or possibly feeling the crunch, or lost the buzz for it in this new morgue of a stadium

If the stadium is s morgue, thenit's the fans fault. Bricks and mortar don't create an atmosphere. It's fans, and sadly even our "singing section" in the Canton just doesn't seem to have the heart for it most of the time at the moment. Not slagging them off, at least they make an effort, it's just that the ground is so much bigger than NP, that the sound gets a bit lost. Hopefully next season, with soem of the Bob bank coming over will improve things :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:05 am

The problem is that the fans who have joined us in the last 3 or 4 seasons are not used to the doom gloom and despair that us older fans have had to endure. :old: They have been spoilt to an extent with 3 visits to Wembley and challenging for promotion to the Premiership and they want and demand success now despite the fact that football and City doesn't work like that.

As someone else said if you want guaranteed success the support Man Ure or Chelski because if you want success then Cardiff City is not the Club for you but being a supporter means you take the good with the bad and if you committ to supporting City you are likely to have a lot more bad than good just enjoy and remember the good times because it's experiencing the bad times that make the good times so much better :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:11 am

ccfc_cotta wrote:stuff the new fans they can take their man utd/liverpool/chelsea supporting arse's too jackalnd,

Hear Hear, somebody on the same wavelength as me....

Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:47 am

Why do some fans set themselves up as better than others? This thread is total bollocks and the OP is just making himself out to be some kind of hero because he stays for 90 minutes.

We live in a free country if you want to go for a pee, buy a hot dog or drink a coke it is no business of anyone else.

There is absolutely no proof whatsoever that those leaving early are fans who have just joined the Bluebird family and even if there were, so f**king what?

And as for the claim it is 'disrespectful' for Christ sake grow up.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:05 am

Who cares what other fans think I just do my own thing and go whenever I like even if it means missing 2 late goals like I did v Reading :lol: ................. my 1st ever game was a relegation match v Palace which we drew and stayed up ( just ) then the following season I watched about 5 or 6 home games BUT the City got relegated to the old 3rd div ( League 1 to the younger element here ) . On the back of that relegation I bought ( well my old man did ) my 1st ever ST .............. so thats my intro / story as being a " new fan " and even back then I can remember booing and chanting " what a load of rubbish " etc and fans leaving early . Its football it happens ............ today's players are lucky that they dont play inside a virtually empty stadium and can hear ALL the comments from the fans . Bothroyd wouldnt have lasted 2 mins :lol:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:34 am

spot on mart, i have been watching city since middle seventies and i echo your sentiments

Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:00 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:Who cares what other fans think I just do my own thing and go whenever I like even if it means missing 2 late goals like I did v Reading :lol: ................. my 1st ever game was a relegation match v Palace which we drew and stayed up ( just ) then the following season I watched about 5 or 6 home games BUT the City got relegated to the old 3rd div ( League 1 to the younger element here ) . On the back of that relegation I bought ( well my old man did ) my 1st ever ST .............. so thats my intro / story as being a " new fan " and even back then I can remember booing and chanting " what a load of rubbish " etc and fans leaving early . Its football it happens ............ today's players are lucky that they dont play inside a virtually empty stadium and can hear ALL the comments from the fans . Bothroyd wouldnt have lasted 2 mins :lol:

Ha Ha, great post, I remember a couple of us getting the train to Stockport for an early kick off, and leaving the game before half time as it was that boring. So I'd go as far as saying I love leaving early and would recommend it to anyone.....people who stay for the whole game are wierd. :)