Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Some of you lot do not deserve promotion "

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:09 pm

First all let me just say that this will be my last post on either forum for quite some time due to an important few months coming up in the coming months. I have been off forums for a few days now but foolishly checked on them yesterday after the match. Following on from that check in I came today just before the Norwich game for any information etc and come across some rather peculiar posts that begs the question do you really want us to go up? Or do you just want DJ gone?

A thread on here today picked Dave Jones out for everything he did wrong. From "Not looking at Chopra getting injured" or "The subs not looking" Some people need to get a grip.These people are just looking for some things to moan at and using anything to get something against Jones and the squad.

Ofcourse I am disappointed, What city fan wont be after recent games? But some of the stuff being spouted around is truely shocking. Some people are saying lets chant 'Terry Burton Barmy Army' to try and make Jones feel uncomfortable. Now ask yourself a question, Do Swansea, Leeds, Norwich, QPR, Burnley or Leicester or anyone else in the footballing world do this? Get into your heads that you are trying to make OUR mananger of OUR team uncomfortable with 9 games to go? You are trying to get the man in charge of our premiership push uncomfortable and knock him down off a perch? I really do not get it.

Some of you seem to want DJ gone more than anything and are willing to sacrifice the best chance frankly we will ever get of going to the PL. People like this do not deserve the status of being a premiership football fan. All they want to do is moan moan and moan against little things that in the grand scheme of things are nothing.

How about instead of booing at half time when the team are drawing and had numerous chances and actually cheering them on? How about we all get some balls and show that we are strong enough as fans for this? We are 4 points off 2nd place with 9 games to go. Thats 27 points. Norwich games are
Hull v Norwich, 15:00
Norwich v Scunthorpe, 15:00
Swansea v Norwich, 17:20
Watford v Norwich, 19:45
Norwich v Nott'm Forest, 19:45
Ipswich v Norwich, 19:45
Norwich v Derby, 15:00
Portsmouth v Norwich
Norwich v Coventry

These are tricky games and they will drop points. Stop moaning and getting the players and management down. Instead of moaning about 'Passion' show some proper passion yourself and get singing and not slating our own players ffs!

Anyway I have made my point, Some of you will agree and some of you wont but we should all agree that to get the best out of the players they need to have the best out of us. Through singing and not through abuse.
Bring on the next 9 games
See you at the end of the season

Re: Some of you lot do not deserve promotion

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:24 pm

Nathan Walker wrote:Some of you seem to want DJ gone more than anything and are willing to sacrifice the best chance frankly we will ever get of going to the PL

Play off final last season?

I think more and more fans are coming to terms that WE WILL NOT GET PROMOTED with DJ in charge!

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:27 pm

nathan i aint bothering bein positive...i get slated for it

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:29 pm

DAVE JONES IS A JOKE' :evil:

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:31 pm

drivingblue wrote:DAVE JONES IS A JOKE' :evil:

most jokes are funny or amusing. dave jones isnt either

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:33 pm

Sadly Nathan I totally agree.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:36 pm

DJ the best team i have had so far, last 3 games 1pt out of 9, are you happy with this because i know im NOT, I never BOO at any game. DJ knows he got 9 games to keep his job, I hope he does so that means we have been promoted, but i am finding it hard to see at the moment :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:18 am

Frankly, our best chance of promotinn to the PL was last season, this season we are/were better equipped to do so, so let see what happens over the next nine games. That wont be long!

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:23 am

Nathan Walker wrote:First all let me just say that this will be my last post on either forum for quite some time due to an important few months coming up in the coming months. I have been off forums for a few days now but foolishly checked on them yesterday after the match. Following on from that check in I came today just before the Norwich game for any information etc and come across some rather peculiar posts that begs the question do you really want us to go up? Or do you just want DJ gone?

A thread on here today picked Dave Jones out for everything he did wrong. From "Not looking at Chopra getting injured" or "The subs not looking" Some people need to get a grip.These people are just looking for some things to moan at and using anything to get something against Jones and the squad.

Ofcourse I am disappointed, What city fan wont be after recent games? But some of the stuff being spouted around is truely shocking. Some people are saying lets chant 'Terry Burton Barmy Army' to try and make Jones feel uncomfortable. Now ask yourself a question, Do Swansea, Leeds, Norwich, QPR, Burnley or Leicester or anyone else in the footballing world do this? Get into your heads that you are trying to make OUR mananger of OUR team uncomfortable with 9 games to go? You are trying to get the man in charge of our premiership push uncomfortable and knock him down off a perch? I really do not get it.

Some of you seem to want DJ gone more than anything and are willing to sacrifice the best chance frankly we will ever get of going to the PL. People like this do not deserve the status of being a premiership football fan. All they want to do is moan moan and moan against little things that in the grand scheme of things are nothing.

How about instead of booing at half time when the team are drawing and had numerous chances and actually cheering them on? How about we all get some balls and show that we are strong enough as fans for this? We are 4 points off 2nd place with 9 games to go. Thats 27 points. Norwich games are
Hull v Norwich, 15:00
Norwich v Scunthorpe, 15:00
Swansea v Norwich, 17:20
Watford v Norwich, 19:45
Norwich v Nott'm Forest, 19:45
Ipswich v Norwich, 19:45
Norwich v Derby, 15:00
Portsmouth v Norwich
Norwich v Coventry

These are tricky games and they will drop points. Stop moaning and getting the players and management down. Instead of moaning about 'Passion' show some proper passion yourself and get singing and not slating our own players ffs!

Anyway I have made my point, Some of you will agree and some of you wont but we should all agree that to get the best out of the players they need to have the best out of us. Through singing and not through abuse.
Bring on the next 9 games
See you at the end of the season

Nathan, I totally agree. Sadly there aren't many left on here that do! I'm trying to stay positive on here but ultimately I am fighting a losing battle! I've said for a while now that some 'fans' would rather City fail this year-they can then see the back of DJ and say forever that Dave Jones ruined CCFC. PATHETIC. As you say, maybe they don't deserve promotion. Gutted coz the vast majority of fan's do!! :cry:

Re: " Some of you lot do not deserve promotion "

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:27 am

Nathan, We are all entitled to our opinions and you are yours . :ayatollah:

BUT
What Dave Jones assembled is a talented group of individuals that play like individuals. There is no leader, there is no team, there are no tactics, there is no motivation and there is no hope.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:28 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:nathan i aint bothering bein positive...i get slated for it

Be positive, if thats your opinion :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:33 am

I still blame Jay Bothroyd for last season, he has shown time and time again he has no balls for a battle.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:35 am

Nathan last season was our best chance a one off game against Blackpool, Most people would have bet their houses on us winning that one.Unfortunately dinosaur Jones couldn't motivate them enough for this one off game against a team of ordinary players who unfortunately would have run through a brick wall for Holloway, The difference is our players wouldn't do that for Jones then and it is certainly not happening now.The guy should have been replaced in January after that dreadful run over christmas.
You have to look at other teams in the top 6 for Example Norwich they keep going and going until 94th or so minute even when not playing well they still get results.We dont and cant dig out results.
Rant over for now.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:38 am

Bowmonster wrote:Nathan last season was our best chance a one off game against Blackpool, Most people would have bet their houses on us winning that one.Unfortunately dinosaur Jones couldn't motivate them enough for this one off game against a team of ordinary players who unfortunately would have run through a brick wall for Holloway, The difference is our players wouldn't do that for Jones then and it is certainly not happening now.The guy should have been replaced in January after that dreadful run over christmas.
You have to look at other teams in the top 6 for Example Norwich they keep going and going until 94th or so minute even when not playing well they still get results.We dont and cant dig out results.
Rant over for now.

Wow, Nathan, think you're better off out of here for a few months. The negativity gets more and more depressing!!!

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:44 am

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:Nathan last season was our best chance a one off game against Blackpool, Most people would have bet their houses on us winning that one.Unfortunately dinosaur Jones couldn't motivate them enough for this one off game against a team of ordinary players who unfortunately would have run through a brick wall for Holloway, The difference is our players wouldn't do that for Jones then and it is certainly not happening now.The guy should have been replaced in January after that dreadful run over christmas.
Rant over for now.

Wow, Nathan, think you're better off out of here for a few months. The negativity gets more and more depressing!!!

It's not negativity mate, IT'S FACT :evil:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:49 am

Good post Nathan. Can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading on here. We've got 9 games left, so let's just support the team until the end of the season. The manager is, whether some people like it or not, part of the team too, so the lot that are moaning: sort it out!

We NEED to support our team no matter what, and NOT boo players like Bothroyd, even if he is out of form at the moment. STOP booing the manager, STOP the complaining, and START supporting our team.

Everyone is frustrated, obviously, but like people have been saying 'I supported Cardiff when they were in the dungeon leagues' etc, support Cardiff now we're on our promotion push! How can you expect the players to perform to their best when they're being greeted with boo's at half time and full time!

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:01 am

Dafydd wrote:Good post Nathan. Can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading on here. We've got 9 games left, so let's just support the team until the end of the season. The manager is, whether some people like it or not, part of the team too, so the lot that are moaning: sort it out!

We NEED to support our team no matter what, and NOT boo players like Bothroyd, even if he is out of form at the moment. STOP booing the manager, STOP the complaining, and START supporting our team.

Everyone is frustrated, obviously, but like people have been saying 'I supported Cardiff when they were in the dungeon leagues' etc, support Cardiff now we're on our promotion push! How can you expect the players to perform to their best when they're being greeted with boo's at half time and full time!

Careful mate, positivity is fround upon on here!! :lol: :lol:

Totally agree with you though! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:53 am

How do you people expect the team to perform under the negative pressure you put on them!! Its ridiculous, you dont realise that us fans and our actions have a massive impact on the performance of the pitch!
Think about it... if you thought everybody hated you in your workplace and with your manager telling you that you were rubbish at your job, would you want to go into work and perform for those people???

Sticking behind the team and accepting them for where and what we are will help them on the pitch!

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:02 pm

these teams will of course drop points against each other,but do you honestly believe city will capitalise on this,of course not :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:44 pm

Can't everyone just get behind the team for the last 9 games? it's not like there's just 2 or 3, there's 9! Then if we fail blame DJ all you want, and if we make it, mumble about dave jones after and cheer the team that got us there.

In my opinion, the amount of shit dave jones has been getting is a joke, I know we have the best team on paper, i know we've failed previously under dave when maybe we shouldn't have, but year on year we're improving and getting closer.

Please just back the whole of cardiff city right till the end, these last 9 games, that means everyone, even DJ or anyone else you don't like, cause there won't be any changes between now and the end of the season.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:53 pm

He totally deserves all the shit he is getting not going into detail but have a look at all the injuries we have had this season and why this has happened.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:07 pm

Rant over for now.

I think you will find it is Dave Jones who is depressing everyone.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:39 pm

Ha, i get paid to do a job and my money is pathetic compared to what Jones and the players are on. I do a good job under pressure for a fraction of what they are on.

Some on here are misunderstood...... no one is being negative for negative sake. we are saying with the team we have we should be doing better, then add to that..this..... if it were not for results going for us over this season we could easily be outside a play-off position now.

We lost against Palace and Ipswich and drew at home against Barnsley and now we have Norwich 4 points above us. FFs we have Bellamy in the squad.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Rant over for now.

I think you will find it is Dave Jones who is depressing everyone.

I think people like Nathan and those who agree with him need to be honest with themselves and work out why there is this depressive spirit around the club.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:21 pm

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:Nathan, I totally agree. Sadly there aren't many left on here that do! I'm trying to stay positive on here but ultimately I am fighting a losing battle! I've said for a while now that some 'fans' would rather City fail this year-they can then see the back of DJ and say forever that Dave Jones ruined CCFC. PATHETIC. As you say, maybe they don't deserve promotion. Gutted coz the vast majority of fan's do!! :cry:

Yeah, I'd really love us to lose every game. I'm clearly not a real fan like you, I assume.

Face facts - you're implying nobody should ever dare criticise Dave Jones whatsoever.

After all, it's our fault that, as Annis said, we play as a team of individuals rather than a team.

It's our fault DJ continually puts down our clubs history - in last programme mentioning "reaching a league we've never been in". No, we've never ever played at the highest level.

It's our fault DJ comes out with baffling selections, formations, substitutions.

It's our fault we've an appauling record when conceding the first goal.

it's our fault we slump every season.

It's our fault that, when DJ castigates players for slumping as being "not mentally tough enough" that the players he replaces with do exacly the same.

I and everyone else would love us to get promoted. DJ's history tells us we're more likely not to. But us "plastic" fans shouldn't mention anything other than expressing the view we'll win every game and win the title...

But still, you can at least claim you're a greater fan than everyone else, right?

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:38 pm

nerd wrote:
i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:Nathan, I totally agree. Sadly there aren't many left on here that do! I'm trying to stay positive on here but ultimately I am fighting a losing battle! I've said for a while now that some 'fans' would rather City fail this year-they can then see the back of DJ and say forever that Dave Jones ruined CCFC. PATHETIC. As you say, maybe they don't deserve promotion. Gutted coz the vast majority of fan's do!! :cry:

Yeah, I'd really love us to lose every game. I'm clearly not a real fan like you, I assume.

Face facts - you're implying nobody should ever dare criticise Dave Jones whatsoever.

After all, it's our fault that, as Annis said, we play as a team of individuals rather than a team.

It's our fault DJ continually puts down our clubs history - in last programme mentioning "reaching a league we've never been in". No, we've never ever played at the highest level.

It's our fault DJ comes out with baffling selections, formations, substitutions.

It's our fault that, when DJ castigates players for slumping as being "not mentally tough enough" that the players he replaces with do exacly the same.

I and everyone else would love us to get promoted. DJ's history tells us we're more likely not to. But us "plastic" fans shouldn't mention anything other than expressing the view we'll win every game and win the title...

But still, you can at least claim you're a greater fan than everyone else, right?

currently standing up and applauding this post!!! :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:40 pm

nerd wrote:

Nerd
WELL SAID and SPOT ON :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:46 pm

2 MINUTES IN SOMEONE IS MOANING BEHIND ME!

i told him to stfu naturally. but seriously, sacking the manager at this point in the season will just cause unrest, whether you like him or not, he's here so f*cking support the team and all the staff. booing bothroyd as he went off? really?? how is this beneficial. some of you make me sick

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:51 pm

The Douce wrote:2 MINUTES IN SOMEONE IS MOANING BEHIND ME!

i told him to stfu naturally. but seriously, sacking the manager at this point in the season will just cause unrest, whether you like him or not, he's here so f*cking support the team and all the staff. booing bothroyd as he went off? really?? how is this beneficial. some of you make me sick

Yes I get fed up of the fans shouting abuse during the games.
on here I take it out and talking to friends, but During the game its give them 100% SUPPORT :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:18 pm

Nathan,good post,but theres an old saying that goes"you can't educate pork".Some of the DJ critics on here beggar belief.