Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dave Jones or Terry Burton

You may select 1 option

View results

" Dave Jones or Terry Burton " POLL

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:06 am

Who would you prefer to take us through our final 9 games as proposed by Annis ?
I personally would give Dave Jones time untill the end of the season but expect a few to disagree
(1st time for a poll so hope it works)

Re: Dave Jones or Terry Burton

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:20 am

I voted for Terry Burton, wev'e got nothing to lose. We def wont go up under DJ.

Re: " Dave Jones or Terry Burton " POLL

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:35 am

I voted for Burton, but only because I couldn't vote for Jones !

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:36 am

Terry all the way now...we've got to be brave & ruthless, and intercept the the inevitable... :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:40 am

ACT NOW and SAVE OUR SEASON .

ITS MY OPINION and as A CARDIFF CITY FAN, I AM ENTITLED TO MY OPINION.

SACK DAVE JONES NOW and Let TERRY BURTON Take over till the end of the Season, He knows the players, the players highly Respect him and he knows his football

We have now been down this road 6 years running. Its the same old Story with Dave Jones.

What you have assembled is a talented group of individuals that play like individuals. There is no leader, there is no team, there are no tactics, there is no motivation and there is no hope.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:49 am

Think this post will prove once and for all that this MB should be named 'We hate Dave Jones Forum'!!

We are 4th in the league, the worst position we've been in all season is 5th, DJ has improved our league position every year.......etc, etc!! What's the point, no-one on here listens!! :lol: :lol:

Oh well, what ever happens, whoevers in charge, we'll all still be there next season!! Prem or not!!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:57 am

From Facebook

Andy Precious Hill
Now you know how we feel when he was at Wolves lol...
3 minutes ago · Unlike · 1 person

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:00 am

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:Think this post will prove once and for all that this MB should be named 'We hate Dave Jones Forum'!!

We are 4th in the league, the worst position we've been in all season is 5th, DJ has improved our league position every year.......etc, etc!! What's the point, no-one on here listens!! :lol: :lol:

Oh well, what ever happens, whoevers in charge, we'll all still be there next season!! Prem or not!!

Yes ............... but with the squad DJ has assembled we shud be top and 9 points clear a long time ago !

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:02 am

Peter Edwards 15 March 09:01
Thankx Annis, i too have had a guts full of Jones, and his atitude, and i stand by that, even if we do go up. Imagine him, trying to out wit managers up in the premiership... My only concern is for Cardiff city, and its fans. I have mixed feelings about players, because they come and go, some, give 100%, and others don't, passion, is certainly lacking again in this run in, and that is down to Jones, yet again. his motivation skills are zero, and as pointed out before, finds it difficult to halt a slide in form. I will cheer my Bluebirds on till the end, i always have, pity the management and staff, did,nt show the same passion as us fans.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:02 am

Vintage 63 wrote:
i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:Think this post will prove once and for all that this MB should be named 'We hate Dave Jones Forum'!!

Yes ............... but with the squad DJ has assembled we shud be top and 9 points clear a long time ago !

I know what you're saying. But, as you said, DJ assembled this squad(surely he should get credit for that?) and if we're honest the players aren't all performing-SOME of that is DJ's fault but I don't think it all is-I know I'm in a tiny minority on here thinking that though!! :lol:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:08 am

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:

I know what you're saying. But, as you said, DJ assembled this squad(surely he should get credit for that?) and if we're honest the players aren't all performing-SOME of that is DJ's fault but I don't think it all is-I know I'm in a tiny minority on here thinking that though!! :lol:

so your saying its not the TEAM MANAGER'S fault when the TEAM dont play well as a TEAM ? Maybe we shud replace the word TEAM with " a highly talented bunch of individuals " then ?? :lol:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:13 am

Yes ............... but with the squad DJ has assembled we shud be top and 9 points clear a long time ago ![/quote]

I know what you're saying. But, as you said, DJ assembled this squad(surely he should get credit for that?) and if we're honest the players aren't all performing-SOME of that is DJ's fault but I don't think it all is-I know I'm in a tiny minority on here thinking that though!! :lol:[/quote]

so your saying its not the TEAM MANAGER'S fault when the TEAM dont play well as a TEAM ? Maybe we shud replace the word TEAM with " a highly talented bunch of individuals " then ?? :lol:[/quote]

No!!! I'm saying it's not always the 'TEAM MANAGER'S' fault when a talented bunch of carefully gathered individuals play poorly as individuals. No manager can do anything about p!ss poor on pitch performances by individuals. Apart from drop them-can you imagine the stick DJ would get if he dropped Bellamy, for example! :o

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:17 am

Neither, I think they are both as bad as each other. Obviously Burtons coaching abilities stick out a mile, shite.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:20 am

Terry Burton, my nan, next doors dog - who cares they couldn't do a worse job.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:22 am

From Facebook

Stevie Day
Whatever we choose to do is going to be a risk. I've always rejected the Jones out calls every season when we've failed but after 3 years running of falling at the final hurdle I think maybe letting Burton have a crack could save us. It's a gamble if he goes... but is it a bigger gamble if he stays? It's a tough one.
9 minutes ago · Unlike · 2 people

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:26 am

Terry Burton all day long. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:27 am

Terry Burton please, Now is the time to get his views and tactics across as we have been told many times on here that DJ always undermines his inpact and humiliates him in front of the players.
Give him a go nothing to lose :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:33 am

its to late to change now keep jones in till end of season if we dont make it i hope they sack jones and burton theve worked together for 6 seasons so they must agree on tatics and selection so all coaching staff should go

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:34 am

Bowmonster wrote:Terry Burton please, Now is the time to get his views and tactics across as we have been told many times on here that DJ always undermines his inpact and humiliates him in front of the players.

Correct Nothing to loose :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:39 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:Terry Burton please, Now is the time to get his views and tactics across as we have been told many times on here that DJ always undermines his inpact and humiliates him in front of the players.

Correct Nothing to loose :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Are you sure there is nothing to loose, what about attracting decent managers to a club that sacks their manager who lies 4th in the league.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:55 am

Here's another angle for you. What do you see the future as under Jones in
the premiere league?
He has been out thought and fought time after time again this season. The
top teams if and when we get there will be ruthless.
I always believed a change should have been made after the play off final, and
still maintain that thought. Be interested to know what The Malaysians are making
of it all, and are they even contemplating another season with the current manager?

:ayatollah:

Out there at the moment are managers who have taken sides up like De Matteo and
Hughton. IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE, new hopes, freshness and enthusiasm. :P

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:59 am

wigstar wrote:Here's another angle for you. What do you see the future as under Jones in
the premiere league?
still maintain that thought. Be interested to know what The Malaysians are making
of it all, and are they even contemplating another season with the current manager?

Well said Wiggy :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:33 am

Jones, distrupting the squad would be pointless

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:38 am

Dave Jones. No point sacking him now is there.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:52 am

wigstar wrote:Here's another angle for you. What do you see the future as under Jones in
the premiere league?

Your correct in what your saying and on another angles will The Malaysians want to be here next season........? if's/but's

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:54 am

Dave Jones without a doubt. We'd be the lauging stock of football if we sacked our manager when we are within 4 points of auto's. :lol:

Lets hang in there, and get behind our club, players, and manager even more. :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:55 am

Rich they want Prem league football and will stick around in my opinion :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:05 am

Can I ask a question here about Terry Burton, what does he do..........?

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:13 am

RichardBluebird wrote:Can I ask a question here about Terry Burton, what does he do..........?

what does Paul Wilkinson do aswell ??

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:14 am

If I was a CCFC fan Terry Burton all day.

Although the change should of happened 10 games ago.

New man at the helm will fire the players up but others will say its now to late in the season & is to much of a risk.

Think your going to have to grin & bare it folks.