Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" IS IT ALL DOWN TO DJ ? "

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:51 am

Sorry I cant agree, All this thing about motivation is a bit over the top.
WE are talking about professional football players here ,Athletes.
A true sports man would have that win win attitude within him. Take Bellamy , he hates to get beat you can see it in him every time he looses the ball or the ball is taken from him. He will run down that guy till he gets it back or he cant cos the guy may have pumped the ball ball up field, and I have even seen him run after it again.
Now that is a win win I will not be beaten attitude and motivation .
I have seen this in Burke also, where on the other hand I have seen the complete opposite in Whitts ,if there is a 50/50 ball he wont go in and if he put a pass out he will leave it to some other player.
Ok we may not see how DJ can motived his players but in some way I'm sure he must do or try. But there again as I say these players are top professionals some who have played in the prem, they should have this I MUST WIN ATTITUED anyway ,But We have all seen the way they are playing and the silly mistakes they make and there nothing not even the best manager in the world could do about a mistake made on the field of play. Dave Jones has got his faults and I for one can see that in his interviews. But to try to change a manager now when we are still in 4th place is crazy. And if Terry Burton fk it up then you would still blame DJ and come up with O yer well Terry didn't have time to sort it out. I say Keep DJ now and bring a new Manager for next season.

Re: IS IT ALL DOWN TO DJ ?

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:10 am

I was in the dressing room Sunday, and they seemed motivated and up for it to me.

If anyone is to blame, then it has to be everyone as a group, not just one person. This group have kept us up there all season so they must be doing something right. Three games ago everything was rosey in the garden, three games later can't just be down to one person.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:13 am

fair points there boys but it was down to DJ to play bellers and chopra out of position against ipswich and palace,to mess around with(what was) a winning formation at this crucial part of the season is madness,he stands there with his hands in his pockets,ignores chops on a stretcher and doesnt really seem to be arsed.Im leaning towards the idea of getting rid before the season ends becuase its make or break and jonesy doesnt seem to be up for it

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:30 am

englishbluebird wrote:fair points there boys but it was down to DJ to play bellers and chopra out of position against ipswich and palace,to mess around with(what was) a winning formation at this crucial part of the season is madness,he stands there with his hands in his pockets,ignores chops on a stretcher and doesnt really seem to be arsed.Im leaning towards the idea of getting rid before the season ends becuase its make or break and jonesy doesnt seem to be up for it

O yes I do agree that he shouldnt have put chops out there also, you dont fix it if its not broken.
I was a DJ fan but I think it may be best for him and Cardiff City to say Bye bye, but not till the end of the season.
Its only the players now that can play better and pull things around.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:35 am

There are many factors, DJ, TB, the players, high wages that kills any pride n passion for the club & fans. But most of all I believe its the players, its all on the day. Any player that needs motivating is not worth a wank as that should come from within, you can rant and rave, show tactics, give positions etc, etc but at the end of the day its down to the 11 men on the field to perform and I believe they simply just dont have the balls for it.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:42 am

RichardBluebird wrote:There are many factors, DJ, TB, the players, high wages that kills any pride n passion for the club & fans. But most of all I believe its the players, its all on the day. Any player that needs motivating is not worth a wank as that should come from within, you can rant and rave, show tactics, give positions etc, etc but at the end of the day its down to the 11 men on the field to perform and I believe they simply just dont have the balls for it.

:ayatollah: They've got two months to prove that they have got the balls for it.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:43 am

RichardBluebird wrote:There are many factors, DJ, TB, the players, high wages that kills any pride n passion for the club & fans. But most of all I believe its the players, its all on the day. Any player that needs motivating is not worth a wank as that should come from within, you can rant and rave, show tactics, give positions etc, etc but at the end of the day its down to the 11 men on the field to perform and I believe they simply just dont have the balls for it.

Well yes Its what I have said ,a true sportman and pro would be up for it anyway. Its that hate to be beat attitued and we dont have it at this time.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:45 am

PtB wrote:

:ayatollah: They've got two months to prove that they have got the balls for it.

I very much doubt it though mate, I keep saying it but I still blame Bothroyd for last seasons play off final for his bottling the game. They just dont have the mentality

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:10 pm

Even professional sports people need motivation, it's sports psychology, it's surprising what results you can achieve by using it.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:50 pm

Blue Steel wrote:Even professional sports people need motivation, it's sports psychology, it's surprising what results you can achieve by using it.

Yes I 100% agree with you , But DJ is not one of them and dont really know any manager that is. Also the motivation that they are or was 2nd and going after 1st place should be all the motivation that any good player would need, Its self motivation,as a team, and Bellers is one hell of a motivator as many of the player have said there selfs.

Re: " IS IT ALL DOWN TO DJ ? "

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:32 pm

Ok, so you claim it's not down to DJ.

Players should take blame.

Ok, well, those are players DJ brought into the club.

DJ seasons ago complained the players lacked "mental strength" - well, in that case DJ deserves bleame because the players he brought in NOW aren't "mentally strong"...

Re: " IS IT ALL DOWN TO DJ ? "

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:40 pm

nerd wrote:Ok, so you claim it's not down to DJ.

Players should take blame.

Ok, well, those are players DJ brought into the club.

DJ seasons ago complained the players lacked "mental strength" - well, in that case DJ deserves bleame because the players he brought in NOW aren't "mentally strong"...

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yep I guess the post I seen on here just now is right, anything at all that goes wrong is DJ fault .
Well i have heard it all now :lol: :lol: maybe you should read B&T post he was in the dressing room and he said they were really up for it and it was good in the dressing room. So now what ? maybe someone said something to upset them all on the way out, and thats DJ fault cos he did hear it also ? :lol: :lol: