Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

will we beat millwall?

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:02 am

they seem to be finding form :cry:

Re: will we beat millwall?

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:08 am

i think we will. Im more confident in getting a result there then beating the likes of derby county who have little to play for,millwall are a good side so will probably attack and i think we ll take them apart playing counter attacking football

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:10 am

Fuk knowz!!! Anything could happen in this league and under DJs lead... :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:30 am

I`ll be there :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:30 am

I f*cking hope so, or I will get terrorised in work :twisted: But am not that hopeful, they have hit good form and supposedly their new loan player is helping them a lot. We were pretty lucky to get a result against them in the CCS.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:32 am

As we went into the final 12 games, this was the game I was most worried about.

Now, I think we'll end their season and kickstart ours. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:35 am

form table says no ............ my head says no ............. heart says yes :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:48 am

Its simply a toss of the coin, an in form team would suit us and Walls style of play is ideal for us to play football. I think we can beat them no problem aslong as they dont change tactics and formation during the game.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:57 am

I'm going to Millwall expecting to lose 2 - 0 . We do not have the mental strength or characters to go there and win. When we go 1 - 0 down all our supporters will realise that it will be another defeat! Until we replace the manager we won't be able to go to places like this and win, in a polite way , we are too timid.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:07 pm

If we lose to Millwall and the other results go against us I think we have to be realistic and say that automatic promtion is beyond us.

Every game from now until the end of the season is going to be massive. Lose a game and it could be play offs at best. String a couple of wins together and things could start looking ok again. Norwich have only lost 2 games since the end of October, that is very impressive but they have also drawn quite a few games and been very fortunate. We have to hope that Norwich will have a few slip-ups and this 'could' open the door for us.

At this moment in time I have to be honest though and say that i dont think we have got it in us to go on a run. I think we will ultimatley fall short and either Norwich or Swansea will nick 2nd spot. On current form I think we will finish 4th. That said, I still live in hope.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:49 pm

NO! :evil:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:57 pm

Yes.
We have Ollie back and Burke is finding some form.
It's amazing how much 1 man can change a team.
We lost Ollie and Rambo at the same time and that really hurt us.
Ollie to lead us to the promised land!

PS I agree that we are a bunch of individuals not a team. ( Just as we were under Lennie )
Jet is a perfect example. Brilliant individual but final ball rearely finds a team member.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:05 pm

Yes! Their not good enough to keep their good run going. :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:05 pm

It's the type of game we will win, as nobody expects us to, if you've supported City for many years like me :old: you will know It.s allways been part of the make up of this club to win game's no one thinks we will and vice -versa against teams we think we can beat. :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:38 pm

You should win, I did not see their game against QPR but Millwall are not the best side I have seen at Turf Moor this season by a long way, when they beat a poor Burnley side 3 - 0. We gave the game away by missing chances in the first half and some of the poorest defending I have seen this year. We were poor from front to back and Robinson had two free headers and they scored from a break away while we were pushing for a way back in. If that is 'in-form' then we're all doomed !! I think your flair players will take advantage of some of the weaknesses in their team, and they do have a few weak players.

Prediction: 2-1 Cardiff City

Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:53 pm

BurnleyChris wrote:You should win, I did not see their game against QPR but Millwall are not the best side I have seen at Turf Moor this season by a long way, when they beat a poor Burnley side 3 - 0. We gave the game away by missing chances in the first half and some of the poorest defending I have seen this year. We were poor from front to back and Robinson had two free headers and they scored from a break away while we were pushing for a way back in. If that is 'in-form' then we're all doomed !! I think your flair players will take advantage of some of the weaknesses in their team, and they do have a few weak players.

Prediction: 2-1 Cardiff City

I thought Burnley were ready to storm the top six, I bet that defeat came as a bit of a shock? Burnley were definatley one of the better teams to visit the CCS this season and I really hope that we are not needing anything from our visit to Turf Moor!

Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:57 pm

My mate from work who's a Millwall supporter said he phoned up for a ticket today and was told that they had sold over 17k and that tickets were now on general sale.
What that means is that usually only ST and members can get tickets (same as Cardiff for away games), but for this game those usual restrictions have been lifted.
In his words, when tickets go on general sale, 'all the nutters come out'.

Oh dear, another setup by the Met :?: :evil:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:28 pm

THE DON wrote:
I thought Burnley were ready to storm the top six, I bet that defeat came as a bit of a shock? Burnley were definatley one of the better teams to visit the CCS this season and I really hope that we are not needing anything from our visit to Turf Moor!

We all got carried away with the 3 back 2 back wins and 2 games in hand ! but we always bottle it in those situations, would take 'points on the board' every time and I also hope we are both not needing anything come the last day of the season. We will see what Coventry at home brings us tonight !