Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

joe ledley and jay bothroyd

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:52 am

joe ledley got me thinking.what a fantastic battler for the city,then came a joe that just went through the motions,half hearted and at times he was dire,but alot of this was due to the way he was being treated off the pitch with regards his contract,sounds like jay maybe....maybe suffering the same..just my opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: joe ledley and jay bothroyd

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:45 pm

i honestly believe he has a team sorted for next season,its being kept quiet but it will be out ,only way i can see why he has been utter shite since his england call up....since then he has been useless also had his 7 games out and then when you think he might make an impact hes been worse than after the england cap...no effort at all....only reason is that i think its done is he is going through the motions,and doesnt look at all concerned ,maybe he may step up now that chops is out ...but i doubt it ,and my other point is him bigging up us fans...i think he only does it to keep us off his back.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:51 pm

d20 wrote:i honestly believe he has a team sorted for next season,its being kept quiet but it will be out ,only way i can see why he has been utter shite since his england call up....since then he has been useless also had his 7 games out and then when you think he might make an impact hes been worse than after the england cap...no effort at all....only reason is that i think its done is he is going through the motions,and doesnt look at all concerned ,maybe he may step up now that chops is out ...but i doubt it ,and my other point is him bigging up us fans...i think he only does it to keep us off his back.

well what ever the outcome,he certainly isnt the player he was :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:20 pm

lets not look with rose tinted spectacles at Ledley, at times last season he was a disgrace and the way he dealt with his contract was appauling. He is one of the most overhyped players in our history, Celtic fans would agree that he is a waste of space! Glad to see the back of him and he would make no difference to this team, he would just be another bottler!

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:20 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:lets not look with rose tinted spectacles at Ledley, at times last season he was a disgrace and the way he dealt with his contract was appauling. He is one of the most overhyped players in our history, Celtic fans would agree that he is a waste of space! Glad to see the back of him and he would make no difference to this team, he would just be another bottler!

How do you deal with a contract you never had ?????

He put more effort in with two wonky hips, than some of our current players are putting in now.

At the play offs last season only Joe & Chops turned up

Just like people on here, and every other message board you will get a mixed result of choices among fans, some hate a player some think he is great. I liked Joe you do not.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:27 pm

rontom wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:lets not look with rose tinted spectacles at Ledley, at times last season he was a disgrace and the way he dealt with his contract was appauling. He is one of the most overhyped players in our history, Celtic fans would agree that he is a waste of space! Glad to see the back of him and he would make no difference to this team, he would just be another bottler!

How do you deal with a contract you never had ?????

He put more effort in with two wonky hips, than some of our current players are putting in now.

At the play offs last season only Joe & Chops turned up

Just like people on here, and every other message board you will get a mixed result of choices among fans, some hate a player some think he is great. I liked Joe you do not.

Joe didnt get offered a contract because his agent wanted him to be the highest paid player at the club and the club wouldnt do that, thank god! For most of his time with us Joe was anonymous, he had one or two decent games but by and large he did nothing. Hardly scores, doesnt set up goals, no pace, cant beat a man, can only pass backwards and sideways, no imagination. Its good to see that Celtic fans feel exactly the same way about him. Limited player with inflated ego and ideas above his station!

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:28 pm

plus the fact that some fool recently put him in Cardiff Citys all time eleven in Four Four Two almost made me choke! If he is in our all time eleven then we must have had some shocking players in our time!

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:54 pm

he should have buggered off during transfer window, we would have been much better off without him.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:59 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:plus the fact that some fool recently put him in Cardiff Citys all time eleven in Four Four Two almost made me choke! If he is in our all time eleven then we must have had some shocking players in our time!

No contract was offered to his agent either, first there was no money in the kitty, PR bonus was top priority, secondly, the club came up with a cock and bull story that they were unable to contact the agent because he was in canada, when Joe came back from his operation we could not offer a contract due to our tax problems, Joe was left in limbo.

As for his playing ability that is your opinion, mine is completely opposite to yours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9Hv0keR ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZClGi7A ... re=related

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:12 pm

Whatever your view of joes playing ability (which is currently being exposed in the SPL) I know for a fact that the reading contract talks with Joe went no further were because if his agents unreasonable demands and then refusing to meet with risdale!

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:57 pm

fully agree with rontom. Joe would help us a lot, atm. he's a battler (not bottler) and wouldnt let us down like others.

still keep the faith tho, the Blues are going up... :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:36 pm

I liked Joe but there is no way I will ever believe Ridsdale over anyone certainly a player who I believe played his best and only went down when he was injured but scored some very important goals for us and would have stayed if it was not for Ridsdale ..

As for last year whits 20+ goals helped as well