Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WE have to stick with what we have ...at least for now "

Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:55 pm

My opinion is that Dave Jones is a nearly man...he will always get us close but never take us all the way...He has til the end of this season to prove me wrong.

Changing the manager now makes no sense to me, we would be the laughing stocks of football and how do we know how the players will react...there just is no time for that major decision...the time is just not right or appropriate.

We have 9 huge games left...we have lost our two keepers at a crucial time, along with Ramsey leaving and Chopra getting injured...but WE STILL HAVE A CHANCE.

I think we should continue to get 100% behind the team, manager and the club and see what happens.

Wasting time, energy or anything else on trying to get Jones sacked is pointless in my opinion.

IF HE FAILS AGAIN COME MAY...HE SURELY HAS TO GO THEN

Re: WE have to stick with what we have ...at least for now

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:27 pm

i see where youre coming from Corky but if we all think we will fail under Jones then why let him stay? Our club could be in a hell of a mess if we dont go up this year, we are bigger than Dave Jones. Whats the point of letting him stay to fail so we can all say we told you so? Get rid now and lets go up this year with no excuses.

Re: WE have to stick with what we have ...at least for now

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:32 pm

Corky, Personally if we fail to go up, I think we will be the laughing stock of football anyway and youve said it " DAVE JONES IS THE NEARLY MAN " The way I feel and see us going at the moment is prob down to 6th position at best. Lets hope I am totally wrong :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

What Dave Jones has assembled is a talented group of individuals that play like individuals and well and Truly over paid. There is no leader, there is no team, there are no tactics, there is no motivation and there is no hope.

We Support the team week in week out, Now its their turn to return Our Support by showing it on the pitch :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " WE have to stick with what we have ...at least for now "

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:35 pm

DJ aint going anywhere. There is no way the board would risk unsettling the team so close to the end of the season. He may not be doing great at the moment but we are still well placed with 9 games to go.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:15 pm

We may be "well-placed" with nine to go but not as well-placed as we were with 12 to go !! DJ sadly seems to have lost the plot of late ! Naylor only lost his place due to injury & sadly playing Chops as right winger only been addressed due to his hamstring - think the world of Chops but RW he certainly aint ! Burkey for me, our best man in that role & hopefully we'll see him restored BUT only due to Chops injury ! Defensive frailties were there for parks manager to see & have NOT been addressed in Jan T Winda ! DJ either lackin tactical vision or too stubborn to change formation & bench players not performing - JB classic example ! Sooner we get width in midfield the better ! Don Murray & Albert Larmour could do betta job than some of defenders we employing !!!

Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:18 pm

THE DON wrote:DJ aint going anywhere. There is no way the board would risk unsettling the team so close to the end of the season. He may not be doing great at the moment but we are still well placed with 9 games to go.

Unsettling the Team? You have a sense of humour! :D

Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:23 pm

Coco wrote:We may be "well-placed" with nine to go but not as well-placed as we were with 12 to go !! DJ sadly seems to have lost the plot of late ! Naylor only lost his place due to injury & sadly playing Chops as right winger only been addressed due to his hamstring - think the world of Chops but RW he certainly aint ! Burkey for me, our best man in that role & hopefully we'll see him restored BUT only due to Chops injury ! Defensive frailties were there for parks manager to see & have NOT been addressed in Jan T Winda ! DJ either lackin tactical vision or too stubborn to change formation & bench players not performing - JB classic example ! Sooner we get width in midfield the better ! Don Murray & Albert Larmour could do betta job than some of defenders we employing !!!

I agree with your comments. Point is, as Corky said, we are going to have to stick with DJ for now. I dont have a great deal of confidence at the moment in DJ and it will probably take nothing short of a miracle to get promoted. That said, 4 points off 2nd with 9 games to go is not the end of the world and we do still have a chance. The teams below us such as Forest and Leeds would love to be in our position.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:52 pm

Point taken - discount no-one but tbh neither Forest nor Leeds worry me but second spot at least woz there for takin & way we performin U can see NC or even filthy JB gypos getting there ahead of us !! Wot appnd two years ago due to Preston result might not even recur coz if we continue as we are we wont be in farkin posn to miss out @ Burnley !!

Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:07 pm

I really couldn't give a flying f**k what the rest of football thinks and just because we might seem to be 'a laughing stock' has no sway with me.

I also fail to understand why some think sacking Jones makes 'no sense?'

He is now accepted as the nearly man, so by definition he WILL NOT take us up.

So we either sit back and accept the inevitable or we do something about it. As the saying goes 'fortune favours the bold' and the bold decision is to ignore the snipes of the football world and make a positive decision by removing Jones while putting Burton in charge.

It's a gamble, it's radical but it is also the only f**king hope we have.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:54 pm

corky wrote:My opinion is that Dave Jones is a nearly man...he will always get us close but never take us all the way...He has til the end of this season to prove me wrong.

Changing the manager now makes no sense to me, we would be the laughing stocks of football and how do we know how the players will react...there just is no time for that major decision...the time is just not right or appropriate.

We have 9 huge games left...we have lost our two keepers at a crucial time, along with Ramsey leaving and Chopra getting injured...but WE STILL HAVE A CHANCE.

I think we should continue to get 100% behind the team, manager and the club and see what happens.

Wasting time, energy or anything else on trying to get Jones sacked is pointless in my opinion.

IF HE FAILS AGAIN COME MAY...HE SURELY HAS TO GO THEN

Massive gamble, that would only be worth it if we could get a real big name, big motivator ???

I can't think of anyone unemployed or at a lower level that would resign and take this job ???