Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO ANNIS ...

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:11 pm

A lot of people are saying that they think that city will bottle it for yet another season

some people are saying they want us to fail so we can chuck out dead wood and re start with new players, manger etc

If ...

we dont go up ..

Will the malyasians back us next season with cash to try yet again to achieve promotion?

i believe that they are, buy them saying that they are in it for the long haul, and they wouldn thave pumped so much money into the team if they wasnt comitted

but if we dont go up.. will we end up having to be a mid table team,. or do you believe they will splash the cash next season if we are still int he championship?

i mean yes we have payed massive wages, but we have only spent £350k on players

Im still positive about going up, but you have always got to think what if we dont

whats your view on this?

Re: FAO ANNIS ...

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:30 pm

I would like to reply to this. Annis then might be able to confirm or not what I think will happen.

Obviously DJ will be out, well I would expect him to go. We obviously would bring in a new manager and I would say it will be of the ilks of Martinez, I hope so. Whoever comes in would look at the sqaud we have and decide who to keep. I can see the likes of Chopra, Heaton, Hudson, Keinan, Oli, MacNaughton and Burke being kept on as a nucleaus of a team to build on. I would like us to keep Bellamy but think that might be a bridge to far.

I would then expect the new guy to start building from midfield as I think this season that had been the only department that has not improved much. It did look promising there when Oli played alongside Drinkwater but since Dannys injury we have been fairly weak there. This as proved when we all saw a mass improvement with the arrival of Ramsey. So I would expect to see new blood for that area.

By the start of the new season I feel we wouldhave paid out for transefers but the amount of money spent will be reasonable. In return the wage bill will be reasonable as well so balancing out the overall spend.

I personally think we still have a good nucleaus to build on, going on who I think will remain, and with the right manager we will still challenge for a top place.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:36 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:I would like to reply to this. Annis then might be able to confirm or not what I think will happen.

Obviously DJ will be out, well I would expect him to go. We obviously would bring in a new manager and I would say it will be of the ilks of Martinez, I hope so. Whoever comes in would look at the sqaud we have and decide who to keep. I can see the likes of Chopra, Heaton, Hudson, Keinan, Oli, MacNaughton and Burke being kept on as a nucleaus of a team to build on. I would like us to keep Bellamy but think that might be a bridge to far.

I would then expect the new guy to start building from midfield as I think this season that had been the only department that has not improved much. It did look promising there when Oli played alongside Drinkwater but since Dannys injury we have been fairly weak there. This as proved when we all saw a mass improvement with the arrival of Ramsey. So I would expect to see new blood for that area.

By the start of the new season I feel we wouldhave paid out for transefers but the amount of money spent will be reasonable. In return the wage bill will be reasonable as well so balancing out the overall spend.

I personally think we still have a good nucleaus to build on, going on who I think will remain, and with the right manager we will still challenge for a top place.

The only concern i got is will we be able to keep hold of the likes of Kev, Whitts, Chops etc

and would burke want to sign a new contract with us?
and would the owners give us money to spend?

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:03 pm

Glammy
Carl, will tell you TG's thoughts tonight in his update :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:05 pm

I reckon Burke will be gone in the summer, dont think he has agreed a new deal? Could we afford to keep Bellamy another season? Would we want to keep Bellamy? He's done ok but he has not really set the division alight like we all thought he would. If DJ does not get us up then surely he has to go. I would personally like to see Sam Allardyce given the job because if he did manage to get us to the Premier League I think he would also be able to keep us there. Knowing our luck the Malaysians would probably go for an ex-Man Utd player like Keane or Ince to appeal to potential fan base in Malaysia :lol:

I would love it if we could keep hold of some of best players like McNaughton and Chops but I think if we fail to go up this year there is likely to be a lot of changes with players coming and going.

Fingers crossed all this talk is irrelevant. We still have a very good chance of promotion, lets keep positive.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:05 pm

The centre pin to all this will be who the new manager is and what are his plans. All new managers have to work with what they have got and basically tweak certain areas. Their ideas will have to impress the board and perhaps thats where our problem lies as the board we have are NOT football men. Makes you wonder how well the talks are going with Sam hey?

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:08 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:The centre pin to all this will be who the new manager is and what are his plans. All new managers have to work with what they have got and basically tweak certain areas. Their ideas will have to impress the board and perhaps thats where our problem lies as the board we have are NOT football men. Makes you wonder how well the talks are going with Sam hey?

Ian, there has been talk with some of the British Directors off approaching Chris Houghton, But thats just been talk so far.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Glammy
Carl, will tell you TG's thoughts tonight in his update :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i hope its good and TG gets rid when dave jones fails :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:The centre pin to all this will be who the new manager is and what are his plans. All new managers have to work with what they have got and basically tweak certain areas. Their ideas will have to impress the board and perhaps thats where our problem lies as the board we have are NOT football men. Makes you wonder how well the talks are going with Sam hey?

Ian, there has been talk with some of the British Directors off approaching Chris Houghton, But thats just been talk so far.

that wouldnt be a bad shout. Had success at this level only last season and he is a likeable bloke who we could all warm to. GET HIM IN NOW!!!!!!!