Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Has the loss of Heaton...

Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:25 pm

...now highlighted our teams previously masked inefficiencies?

Heaton is a great shot stopper (which is probably Bywaters weakest aspect imo) and within Heatons presence the defence were maybe comfortable in allowing an opposing player shoot from distance as a last resort knowing the security of Heatons shot stopping abilities can mop up.

Do the defence have the same luxury in Bywater? Has this directly contributed to the end of our 10 match unbeaten run and the slide we find ourselves on now? Or is it all coincidental?

Re: Has the loss of Heaton...

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:13 pm

When is Heaton back soon i hope

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:16 pm

I think your spot on there mate, heaton was brilliant shot stopper and inspired confidence in me (and the defenders no doubt) ... i think i'm yet to see a save from bywater, ok probz nowt he could do with both at ipswich, and the barnsley 2nd he switched off, but first he could have done a little bit better on i think.

Think brown should be given a go next game!

I do miss heaton though, be good to see him back!!

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:18 pm

ccfcninian wrote:When is Heaton back soon i hope

Not sure mate...i thought it was only a few games. Not even sure if theres an official line on it yet???

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:20 pm

JonScam wrote:...now highlighted our teams previously masked inefficiencies?

Heaton is a great shot stopper (which is probably Bywaters weakest aspect imo) and within Heatons presence the defence were maybe comfortable in allowing an opposing player shoot from distance as a last resort knowing the security of Heatons shot stopping abilities can mop up.

Do the defence have the same luxury in Bywater? Has this directly contributed to the end of our 10 match unbeaten run and the slide we find ourselves on now? Or is it all coincidental?

We are playing with a 2nd rate keeper, so teams are needing very few attempts to score, so the loss of Heaton and Marshall is a very big loss !!!!

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:26 pm

math_robz878 wrote:I think your spot on there mate, heaton was brilliant shot stopper and inspired confidence in me (and the defenders no doubt) ... i think i'm yet to see a save from bywater, ok probz nowt he could do with both at ipswich, and the barnsley 2nd he switched off, but first he could have done a little bit better on i think.

Think brown should be given a go next game!

I do miss heaton though, be good to see him back!!

I'd give Brown a go as well now, Bywater just looks like hes going through the motions imo

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:32 pm

Bluebina wrote:
JonScam wrote:...now highlighted our teams previously masked inefficiencies?

We are playing with a 2nd rate keeper, so teams are needing very few attempts to score, so the loss of Heaton and Marshall is a very big loss !!!!

"YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU GOT, UNTILL ITS LOSt SPRINGS TO MIND"
Check back on previous posts, you will see the so called "LOYAL" on here rip both Heaton and Marshall to to bits, Heaton can't kick a ball ect, now saying the same about Bywater????????????????? NEGATIVITY... BOLLOX SUPPORT YOU' TEAM WHATEVER....i say. :ayatollah: