Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

carl is deluded!

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:03 pm

Where on earth did you find this huge amount of unconvincing optimism? I'm pretty sure you had the same view on the way home from the forest game, but look at the teams we have thrown away points from? We are running out of games now and you keep saying jones is going to turn it around, but the games are getting less and less and still we are throwing points away. 1 point from the last 9!! Norwich are playing very well, Swansea are a better unit than us and burnley will be level with us if they win their 2 games in hand. We can not control what results we can get never mind what the other teams are doing. I think jones has had his time here and has now hit his ceiling at CCFC. Whether we go up or not, I think it's time for him to leave.

Re: carl is deluded!

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:25 pm

Merlin wrote:Where on earth did you find this huge amount of unconvincing optimism? I'm pretty sure you had the same view on the way home from the forest game, but look at the teams we have thrown away points from? We are running out of games now and you keep saying jones is going to turn it around, but the games are getting less and less and still we are throwing points away. 1 point from the last 9!! Norwich are playing very well, Swansea are a better unit than us and burnley will be level with us if they win their 2 games in hand. We can not control what results we can get never mind what the other teams are doing. I think jones has had his time here and has now hit his ceiling at CCFC. Whether we go up or not, I think it's time for him to leave.

I have to agree with you Merlin!

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:34 pm

wdb2721 wrote:
Merlin wrote:Where on earth did you find this huge amount of unconvincing optimism? I'm pretty sure you had the same view on the way home from the forest game, but look at the teams we have thrown away points from? We are running out of games now and you keep saying jones is going to turn it around, but the games are getting less and less and still we are throwing points away. 1 point from the last 9!! Norwich are playing very well, Swansea are a better unit than us and burnley will be level with us if they win their 2 games in hand. We can not control what results we can get never mind what the other teams are doing. I think jones has had his time here and has now hit his ceiling at CCFC. Whether we go up or not, I think it's time for him to leave.

I have to agree with you Merlin!

Me too. I thought that if we had won our last game we would have turned the corner. :(

Would love Jones to prove me wrong, but somehow I don't think he has enough games to use what (cough, cough) man management skills to lift the team.

The annoying part is, he knows this team, better than any manager in the Championship,(with their respective teams) because he has known them longer.
He should know what makes each and everyone of them tick by now and should use that knowledge to motivate them!!

Manager??? Pah!! :( :( :( :(

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:48 pm

I am sorry but how can you say Craig that even if we go up it is time for him too leave ?

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:50 pm

carlccfc wrote:

I am sorry but how can you say Craig that even if we go up it is time for him too leave ?

He is not a Premiership level manager. Not even Championship level.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:55 pm

I have always been a kind of fan of DJ , But I must say Im in with the out crowed but not till the end of the season. I cant see it doing any good him going now, while we are still in a play off place. I still cant blame him for all that happens like some on here would blame him if , one of the players got a cold. But I think he has taken us as far as he can,and I would like to see a new man with new Ideas come in. If things go wrong from there ,well I guess there will be a few on here that will still blame him even if hes not here.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:58 pm

carlccfc wrote:

With the budget he has had I could take them up and I'm sure if I did I wouldn't have the job in the premier simply because like Jones I would't be good enough.Decisions made by Jones are akin to Hitler going to Russia.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:59 pm

Carl is not deluded just speaking with his heart not his head. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:02 pm

castleblue wrote:Carl is not deluded just speaking with his heart not his head. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I agree with that :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:03 pm

WOT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH U!!!! HOW IS DAVE JONES NOT EVEN A CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER STANDARD??? HE HAS IMPROVED OUR LEAGUE POSITION EVERY SEASON? THAT MEANS HE IS LEARNING MORE AND MORE AND IMPROVING OUR TEAM EVERY SEASON. Some of these fans talk nonsense Carl, there's having an opinion but there's also knowing sod all about football and talking sh**e!!!!

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:55 pm

Pontypool_Bluebird wrote:WOT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH U!!!! HOW IS DAVE JONES NOT EVEN A CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER STANDARD??? HE HAS IMPROVED OUR LEAGUE POSITION EVERY SEASON? THAT MEANS HE IS LEARNING MORE AND MORE AND IMPROVING OUR TEAM EVERY SEASON. Some of these fans talk nonsense Carl, there's having an opinion but there's also knowing sod all about football and talking sh**e!!!!

:lol: come on, get a grip! DAVE jones is improving our position year on year because the teams in the league are getting weaker and weaker, yet we still fail to capitalise on it!

Carl I appreciate your optimism and speaking with your heart - but it's a little late for that now, time to start using our heads and common sense for a change! I believe jones doesn't have the tactical knowledge to survive in the premiership hence my reason to still look for a new appointment regardless of our season end.

If the club/malaysians get us up to the promised land and keep Jones, then obviously I will back everyone to the hilt, but I just don't see us even winning as many games as Blackpool have with Jones at the helm.

Thanks for your recent update thread too carl. :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:01 pm

[quote] come on, get a grip! DAVE jones is improving our position year on year because the teams in the league are getting weaker and weaker, yet we still fail to capitalise on it!

Carl I appreciate your optimism and speaking with your heart - but it's a little late for that now, time to start using our heads and common sense for a change! I believe jones doesn't have the tactical knowledge to survive in the premiership hence my reason to still look for a new appointment regardless of our season end.

If the club/malaysians get us up to the promised land and keep Jones, then obviously I will back everyone to the hilt, but I just don't see us even winning as many games as Blackpool have with Jones at the helm.

Thanks for your recent update thread too carl. [/quote

]HOW CAN U SAY GET A GRIP?? The league is getting easier is it? Newcastle and west brom were in it last year and we only finished behind them and one other team, not forgetting we had no money at all, we went to a team like Chelsea in the fa cup with 2 teenagers in midfield, blake and wildig, the squad was wafer-thin. We do all have our own opinions, but these are not opinions as iv said before, its just complete rubbish, your expectations are far too high it's unbelievable, wot write do Cardiff City have to be in the premier league? So because i gave reasons that Dave Jones is good enough to manage in the championship u said I need to get a grip? He's even won promotion from it with another club. Think about wot u say please and just realise that if there were 100 places in the premier league then there would be no moaning, but there's only 20 so we have to fight it out with other clubs!

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:33 pm

Carl gives his own opinion instead of being a follower he says what he thinks :ayatollah:
I happen to be of the same opinion on DJ. We could be right we could be wrong but nothing wrong with saying what you think :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:43 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Carl gives his own opinion instead of being a follower he says what he thinks :ayatollah:
I happen to be of the same opinion on DJ. We could be right we could be wrong but nothing wrong with saying what you think :ayatollah:

And as Luke knows even though we totally disagree regarding Dave Jones, I Fully Respect Lukes Different Opinions :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Carl gives his own opinion instead of being a follower he says what he thinks :ayatollah:

And as Luke knows even though we totally disagree regarding Dave Jones, I Fully Respect Lukes Different Opinions :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Exactly Annis, I don't get how some ppl on here say they can't given opinion when even your mods don't agree :lol:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:48 pm

I don't understand how people who want DJ gone are always labelled as 'followers'. Getting quit offensive. We do have brains you know

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:51 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I don't understand how people who want DJ gone are always labelled as 'followers'. Getting quit offensive. We do have brains you know

Not all, people who have having a go at jones have a point at times but some do just follow, not all by any means.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:57 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I don't understand how people who want DJ gone are always labelled as 'followers'. Getting quit offensive. We do have brains you know

Correct Adam, its not so long ago when, there were prob No more than 6 people on this Forum against Dave Jones, most were backing him, I was one of the very few against him, along with Milly, Ian(Bakedalanska), Adam and I think Nerd. Were battled/debated against the Mass.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:02 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Correct Adam, its not so long ago when, there were prob No more than 6 people on this Forum against Dave Jones, most were backing him, I was one of the very few against him, along with Milly, Ian(Bakedalanska), Adam and I think Nerd. Were battled/debated against the Mass.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i disliked the man with a passion long before i knew of any cardiff city messageboards, and knew anyone on here. Ask chippy he has had to stand next to me for years :oops: :D
my gripe has always been his attitude. more than his ability as such (or lack of it) :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:05 am

Same as me. Even when he was at Southampton and Wolves, he came across as a dour, miserable Scouse c***slut :(

Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:09 am

I've ordered the vehicle to take Carl away come the end of the season.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:11 am

Bakedalasker wrote:I've ordered the vehicle to take Carl away come the end of the season.

Is there room for Jones and his multiple egos too?

Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:24 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:I've ordered the vehicle to take Carl away come the end of the season.

Is there room for Jones and his multiple egos too?

Yeah I'm sure we can make room for him. We will drop him off somewhere near where Carl will get his treatment to bring him back to earth like.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:27 am

FFS, shoot a man for being optomistic about the team he loves!!!!

Let's get something straight....this team are currently playing WELL BELOW their potential and pretty soon thay are going to have to wake up and realise it isn't going to be the stroll one or two thought it would be. Then, and only then, will they pull their collective fingers out and listen to their manager, play to their potential and deliver 'the prize' of Premiership football in Dinas Caerdydd

Hey, if you don't 'believe' then why bother turning up in the first place????

Note:
I don't include the 'early bird plastics' or 'ne'er turn ups' in the Family Stand in that last sentence, of course!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:42 am

I reckon Carl should just give up. Let's face it, he's deluded if he thinks we're still in 4th with every chance of getting an automatic promotion place from a side we've taken 6 points from this season, in the meantime getting ahead of a side who lost at Scunthorpe only a week or so ago. I mean, it's not like those are incontravertible facts now is it?

Deluded, Carl, how dare you be positive man, there's no time for that sort of nonsense in the Negative Ninian Stand.

(Health Warning: This post may be heavily laced with strong doeses of sarcasm.)