Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If Portsmouth go bust would Four teams teams go up ????

Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:10 pm

Or would they count Pompy as one of the teams to go down ???

Technically though they wouldn't have gone down ?????

Re: If Portsmouth go bust would Four teams teams go up ????

Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:17 pm

I think the only fair way would b 3 still go down 3 4 come up then an extra team would hace to come up frm confrence but I think the fa wud just relegate 2 teams instead of 3

Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:51 pm

hopefully it wont happen, we dont want to see any club go under

Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:03 pm

bristolbluebird37 wrote:I think the only fair way would b 3 still go down 3 4 come up then an extra team would hace to come up frm confrence but I think the fa wud just relegate 2 teams instead of 3

that's far from fair on the team 3rd from bottom of the prem. They wud be punished from the pompy went bust.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:13 pm

murphy wrote:hopefully it wont happen, we dont want to see any club go under

Absolutely!

Nobody, not even the jacks. Will be a bad day for football if it happens to a team in the upper echolons of football especially.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:30 pm

Good point I don't really know how they would sort it

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:05 pm

if pompey went bust only 2 would come down with 3 from championship replacing them fact.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:11 pm

craigo wrote:
murphy wrote:hopefully it wont happen, we dont want to see any club go under

Absolutely!

Nobody, not even the jacks. Will be a bad day for football if it happens to a team in the upper echolons of football especially.

I am not so sure. The sooner some Premiership clubs fail, the sooner the football authorities (and possibly the Government) will wake from their slumber and smell the coffee. It may be better for other clubs and the game in the longer term. It's not all rosy in football and nothing will change until there is some high profile damage inflicted. Sad, but true!

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:16 pm

no pompey would go in2 administration like leeds take 10 point hit and relegation. no one goes bust .the whole system would collapse and banks would pull the plug on clubs left right and center

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:19 pm

dean wrote:no pompey would go in2 administration like leeds take 10 point hit and relegation. no one goes bust .the whole system would collapse and banks would pull the plug on clubs left right and center

That's what I think too. Pompey may go into admin , someone buys them on the cheap but they are deducted points.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:50 pm

dean wrote:no pompey would go in2 administration like leeds take 10 point hit and relegation. no one goes bust .the whole system would collapse and banks would pull the plug on clubs left right and center

Some football writer can't remember which one) was saying if they go into Administration and the assets are worth less than the debt, they could be the first Premier league club to go bust ????

Not sure if that can happen or not