Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WHAT WAS YOUR FAVOURITE EVER CUP GAME

Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:23 am

spurs '77 is my favorite from the old days and more recently leeds, to beat them when they were top of the prem and one of the strongest teams in europe was special and the atmosphere was electric :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:43 pm

jonah wrote:Nathan Blake 2-1 win at home to Man City, Ninian was rocking that day.. :ayatollah:

That won was 1-0 City, not 2-1!

One my favourites was a 1-0 home win over Oldham in the Cup run of the mid-90s. We went onto lose a replay at Elm Park in the fourth round. Middlesbrough is up there too, of course. What a day that was and what a couple of goals City scored! Oh, and Leeds United at home - kings just for one day!!

Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:03 pm

the boro away ill never forget best away atmosphere i think ive witnessd amazing :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:59 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:Quarter final Boro, cracking atmosphere, with the realisation we were actually on our way to Wemberrrrrly!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7rJFWziLCk

have to agree. Grown men crying and hugging each other.

I saw a man in his 40's shaven headed looking skywards and repeating to anybody who would listen - we are going to Wembley. Cardiff are going to Wembley - I cant believe it.

The realisation that we were going and that feeling will never be beaten - even if we beat Chelski