Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Peter Ridsdale

Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:38 pm

PR will always be held in high regard , mainly after seeing how he dealt with the awful, awful incident in Turkey against his own (Leeds) fans.

I noticed he also accompanied Ross McCormack in court recently - which Ross agent could have done. Thats why I think his salary is justified - to compare , the BBC have over 50 managers on more money PA than the Prime Minister

Re: Peter Ridsdale

Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:43 pm

Joff wrote:PR will always be held in high regard , mainly after seeing how he dealt with the awful, awful incident in Turkey against his own (Leeds) fans.

I noticed he also accompanied Ross McCormack in court recently - which Ross agent could have done. Thats why I think his salary is justified - to compare , the BBC have over 50 managers on more money PA than the Prime Minister

Joff, I respect him as he has been a gentleman to me, done me many favours, stuck to his word, never lets you down, never hides from meeting people,but He doesnt know how to handle our clubs finances in My Opinion.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:00 pm

I think there are very few chairman out there (in any business) who look at the Net profit impact their main interest is topline and growth, even if that is not guaranteed.

A chairman will be ostrasised if they spend too much and dont perform or if they spend too little and dont perform, where is our happy medium?

The Chairman is in charge of the board, usually of approx 8 people, half will be linked to Cardiff City the other half will be independent. The Chief-Executive (who ever that may be in Cardiff City?!?) runs the daily operational business and he makes recommendations to the board.

Our only problem is if PR is both Chairman and CEO, (a la Robert Maxwell)

Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:52 pm

he will always have my repect for one simple reason ,without him 5 years ago there would be no ccfc as we speak!has he taken us as far as he can i thinck so ,this club needs cash and soon before the bubble bursts,i went to the meeting last night and he sounded positive so lets see what happens.