Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHATS THE LEAST CARDIFF FANS YOU'VE EVER BEEN

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:12 pm

Away with following City ?

In the 90's for me Gillingham away in the night, 11 City fans up there in the Auto glass cup, more stewards than us. When we scored a the golden goal by Carl Dale, 3 of us climbed the fence and ran over to him, we were rugby tackled by Stewards but they laughed about it later. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

50 to Preston on a Friday night about 1986, in the league we won 1 nil, got a video of us all singing and the players celebrating at the end with us.. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: WHATS THE LEAST CARDIFF FANS YOU'VE EVER BEEN

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:18 pm

Notts County Away in the freight Rover - Pissed down all night & we sheltered under the floodlights

Soaked through to the skin & we got stuffed

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:19 pm

that year at colchester annis wen we wer on ther end lol an before coaches turned up ? how many us 20

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:22 pm

ely trendy wrote:that year at colchester annis wen we wer on ther end lol an before coaches turned up ? how many us 20

Yep only us till have time then 2 coaches of Supporters coaches turned up, we kept the atmosphere going though :lol:

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:24 pm

carlisle away tuesday night.2-1 win- kevin ratcliffe scored on his debut,not many of us there.think it was 1990.i loved them days,these new stadiums are nice to look at but the atmosphere is shite in all of them

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:25 pm

gup-1 wrote:carlisle away tuesday night.2-1 win- kevin ratcliffe scored on his debut,not many of us there.think it was 1990.i loved them days,these new stadiums are nice to look at but the atmosphere is shite in all of them

About 100 of us singing our hearts out :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:26 pm

gup-1 wrote:carlisle away tuesday night.2-1 win- kevin ratcliffe scored on his debut,not many of us there.think it was 1990.i loved them days,these new stadiums are nice to look at but the atmosphere is shite in all of them

true mate. cant beat the old grounds, loved peterborough. :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:27 pm

I think for me it is Burnley on a Tuesday night. Richard Chaplow scored in the last minute for them, thin there was only about 250 of us. Thats bad for championship

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:33 pm

Norwich in the league cup early 80's.

Drew 0-0 1st leg at NP and about 70 or so saw Mick Channon score a hat-trick in their 3-0 win

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

About 100 of us singing our hearts out :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think i was at that game, i remember being at Carlisle twice at midweek.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:59 pm

400 v Barnsley 2 years ago on a Tuesday night. Whittinghams screamer to win 1-0

Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:09 pm

about 140 of us at colchester layer road

we won 2-1 on a friday night just before xmas

earnie scored 2 :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:35 pm

i thinck that was a xmas time game did he score in the last minute.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:03 pm

scarborough away on a soaking wet and windy night

game should have been called off

we neded a win for play offs but I think they scored late on to equalise

there was about 8 of us behind the goal

showed a tamping city fan chuck his brolly down , which was in bits anyway, as they equalised in front of us

and one of them was big nick from tredegar if I remember

and about 30 in the grandstand

Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:15 pm

donny rovers on a tues nite in old 4th div drew 1-1 saville scored bout 70 of us

Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:34 pm

Me and a mate went up on the train independently to Sheff Wednesday on a winter's wednesday night in the 70s. As soon as about 20 City fans got into the ground Wednesday ran them right into a top corner which was uncovered, it pissed rain on them all night.

Me and my mate aged 14 and 15 at the time watched from the covered area quietly :D

So my answer is 2 :D

Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:39 pm

In league 250 at bournemouth

in a cup 130 or so at twerton Park for 3-0 mickey mouse trophy defeat to the gas.

Been to preseason friendlies at Chippenham and Mangotsfield with a dozen or so ccfc.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:42 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:In league 250 at bournemouth

in a cup 130 or so at twerton Park for 3-0 mickey mouse trophy defeat to the gas.

Been to preseason friendlies at Chippenham and Mangotsfield with a dozen or so ccfc.

Was the Bournemouth game Tuesday night early nineties? If so thats probably my lowest.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:45 pm

Dange wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:In league 250 at bournemouth

Was the Bournemouth game Tuesday night early nineties? If so thats probably my lowest.

I've been to bournemouth 3 or 4 times. Once was on a saturday before ground was redeveloped-lovely sunny day with about 250 or so hardy souls. Crap game.
Other 3 were league cup and mickey mouse trophy.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:55 pm

torquay away auto glass dec 23rd late 80,s 20 ish

Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:26 pm

I remember a game at Birmingham in 68 were if there were any City fans there it's the quietest i've ever known them.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:46 pm

Berwick Rangers pre season 2002, cant remember how many were there but it werent many. Drinking all day and one of my mates sat on the cardiff bench for most of the match.
Last edited by Ackers on Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:36 pm

Chester away in around 1990 or 1991 on a Tuesday night - maybe about 50 of us in main stand. Carl Dale was playing for Chester in those days and scored the only goal of the game in the last minute.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:39 pm

Sludge wrote:scarborough away on a soaking wet and windy night

game should have been called off

we neded a win for play offs but I think they scored late on to equalise

there was about 8 of us behind the goal

showed a tamping city fan chuck his brolly down , which was in bits anyway, as they equalised in front of us

and one of them was big nick from tredegar if I remember

and about 30 in the grandstand

Remember that game rained all the way up game should have been called off

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:47 pm

About 8 of us at Victoria United over in Nanaimo Canada.

If reserve games are allowed to be included then against Team Bath a few years back when the away attendance consisted of, erm, me.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:54 pm

Dan wrote:About 8 of us at Victoria United over in Nanaimo Canada.

If reserve games are allowed to be included then against Team Bath a few years back when the away attendance consisted of, erm, me.

Dam, youve beaten me :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:29 am

ackers1927 wrote:Berwick Rangers pre season 2002, cant remember how many were there but it werent many. Drinking all day and one of my mates sat on the cardiff bench for most of the match.

Annis you were there that day couldnt have been many of us? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:26 am

Forever Blue wrote:
ely trendy wrote:that year at colchester annis wen we wer on ther end lol an before coaches turned up ? how many us 20

Yep only us till have time then 2 coaches of Supporters coaches turned up, we kept the atmosphere going though :lol:

If that's was in about 95 then I there too. only about 50-60 city there in total. We had a crap side then as well! Good times! :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:46 am

carlisle away midweek ,about thirty of us there .drove up form portsmouth to carlisle straight from work went to game drove back and went straight back into work .No sleep f*cking freezing about minnus 9 and it was a bloody 0-0 draw total pants

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:51 am

Norwich away a few seasons ago, they where rebuilding one of the stands so we only got 135 tickets..