Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

coldest away ground

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:16 pm

for me its the brittania stadium wen the wind blows its freezin ther, :ayatollah: lets hope we dont draw stoke in cup,

Re: coldest away ground

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:18 pm

riverside stadium, boro

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:20 pm

Hartlepool for me

Freezing even at the end of the season - & the natives are not very friendly

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:21 pm

ELY BOY wrote:Yeah stoke is nippy but the CCS is the coldest stadium ever :twisted:

:lol:

Correct no warmth to it :evil:

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:23 pm

the shit hole that is newport county! but does that class as a proper ground lol

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:24 pm

Can remember going away 2 QPR on a tuesday nite back in December 2006 I think, never been so cold at football match.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:24 pm

Macclesfield, closely followed by Cheltenham

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:27 pm

Kidderminster..years ago.. bloody freezing

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:30 pm

ely trendy wrote:for me its the brittania stadium wen the wind blows its freezin ther, :ayatollah: lets hope we dont draw stoke in cup,

Sunderland away a few seasons ago.

2-1 win with Chopra getting both , but cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey.

Fine night out (Halloween Night) in Newcastle mind.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:30 pm

ninian park was bloody freezin on a cold winters night mind :!:

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:48 pm

Got to be carlisle,even got up there once and they called the game off,fair old treck by car,so we stopped off in blackpool on the way back,great days.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:53 pm

Reading boxing day when the keeper scored.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:00 pm

oxford utd boxing day away 80.s :x

Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:25 pm

Plymouth away boxing Day on the Sam Hammam Prawn Sandwich and Champers Bus!!!must have been wind chill of -15 !!!! :lol:

Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:29 pm

ayrsome park middlesbrough, f.a. cup replay early 90's f*cking freezing blakey in extra time great memories :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Last edited by beaky on Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:32 pm

OLDHAM ATHLETIC! They even nickname it ICE STATION ZEBRA!!!! 8-)

Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:18 pm

The coldest i've ever been must be Plymouth away one Boxing day,brass monkey weather.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:22 pm

blackpool

Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:44 pm

I remember Wigan away about 5 years ago on a tuesday night in March. My testicles had icicles.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:47 pm

since62 wrote:
ely trendy wrote:for me its the brittania stadium wen the wind blows its freezin ther, :ayatollah: lets hope we dont draw stoke in cup,

2-1 win with Chopra getting both , but cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey.

Yeah, it was f*cking baltic that night!

Riverside is another cold joint.

Aberdeen's Pittodrie must be one of the coldest in the UK though.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:49 pm

PtB wrote:
since62 wrote:

Yeah, it was f*cking baltic that night!

Riverside is another cold joint.

Aberdeen's Pittodrie must be one of the coldest in the UK though.

I went to Stirling Albion v Cowdenbeath about 4 or 5 years ago in August-i froze my nuts off there.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:59 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
I went to Stirling Albion v Cowdenbeath about 4 or 5 years ago in August-i froze my nuts off there.

Cowdenbeath, the Scottish version of Swansea where shagging your six fingered sister is deemed ok :lol:

Arbroath is another one, right on the coast(practically in the north sea). It's freezing there 12 months a year.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:06 pm

PtB wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Cowdenbeath, the Scottish version of Swansea where shagging your six fingered sister is deemed ok :lol:

Arbroath is another one, right on the coast(practically in the north sea). It's freezing there 12 months a year.

My father in law lives just north of Aberdeen-always cold there.

Grangemouth/Falkirk is another hellhole that i have visited-makes Barry look posh.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:11 pm

Blackpool for me.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:13 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
PtB wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

My father in law lives just north of Aberdeen-always cold there.

Grangemouth/Falkirk is another hellhole that i have visited-makes Barry look posh.

I'm just outside Aberdeen, beside the airport.

Grangemouth is a bit of a dump. One of my bosses supports Falkirk, says the new stadium is freezing.

Terracing and roofs with holes are the way ahead. Along with shady segregation fences.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:40 pm

Father in law lives just outside Methlick. His local boozer is the ythanview. Ran by an ex ASC lad apparantly.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:53 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Father in law lives just outside Methlick. His local boozer is the ythanview. Ran by an ex ASC lad apparantly.

Most likely, alot of the older ASC boys were from places like that. Similar to the Valleys connection with City I suppose.

It's about 20 miles from me.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:55 pm

PtB wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Father in law lives just outside Methlick. His local boozer is the ythanview. Ran by an ex ASC lad apparantly.

Most likely, alot of the older ASC boys were from places like that. Similar to the Valleys connection with City I suppose.

It's about 20 miles from me.

I shall be up that way in the summer. Looking forward to it. Shame i have to drive....

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:01 pm

The joys!

Give me a shout when you're up :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:03 pm

PtB wrote:The joys!

Give me a shout when you're up :ayatollah:

a nice 12 hour drive with 4 kids. Cant wait.