Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Summary of FSF Cymru meeting with FAW "

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:08 am

Its now 1.08...I have answered your questions as well as I can...all FSF members can have access to the information and any Welsh fans group can apply for a meeting with the FAW if they have a suitable agenda...they are open to all groups...and again like I have said numerous times now the actual WALES supporters site have this information on their sites...if any web master of any website contacts me I will happily send them the transcript and minutes of our meetings...but I do not have time to contact every other website in Wales apart from the ones I am registered with....am I saying all this again?

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:12 am

corky wrote:Its now 1.08...I have answered your questions as well as I can...all FSF members can have access to the information and any Welsh fans group can apply for a meeting with the FAW if they have a suitable agenda...they are open to all groups...and again like I have said numerous times now the actual WALES supporters site have this information on their sites...if any web master of any website contacts me I will happily send them the transcript and minutes of our meetings...but I do not have time to contact every other website in Wales apart from the ones I am registered with....am I saying all this again?

Who asked you to post on every site?

You are more than able, if willing, to contact the swansea site and put it on there but you don't seem prepared to do.so but will happily post it on cardiff boards.

I guess Swans fans at least now know where they stand.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:15 am

and I have repeatedly told you that I have no access to that site but if Phil contacts me I will send him summaries whenever there are any...

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:21 am

NJ73 wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:Again, says it all really.

You'd think the fsf would want their info to reach as many people as possible and actively do everything they can to make that possible. But apparently we need a swans fan elected in order for someone to be arsed to get that.

Shocker.

well its not really a shocker is it, if swansea city as a supporter base wants the information from the fsf on wales matters you have 2 options:
1. elect a swansea supporter to represent you in the fsf so you can get the information directly and will give corky someone to liase with.
2. let corky access your forums so he can post the information directly.
Seems very simple to me.

Funny I thought that it wasn't club exclusive? So why would we need our own rep on there to get info?

It's not difficult for cork to get the email of our site if he'd actually been that interested in getting the info on our site.[/quote]

but why are you so opposed to having your own representative im no expert but im pretty sure most english clubs have their own representatives who can post their relevant information about england on their own club sites.
why should it be up to corky to contact every club in wales. The way i see it is hes representing wales as a supporter group in the fsf. Im pretty sure the england representative can just pass the information on to other club representatives so the information gets passed on easily, if corky has no point of referance for swansea city thats not really his problem, its swanseas downfall for not having an fsf representative

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:21 am

corky wrote:and I have repeatedly told you that I have no access to that site but if Phil contacts me I will send him summaries whenever there are any...

You do realise you can still contact the site admin without logging in? But that would mean actively trying to contact Swans fans obviously.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:24 am

Do you also want me to contact every other website while I am at it? There are FSF members in Swansea and they can freely copy and paste any information...it is not copyright

Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:40 am

The point being that as rep, surely you should be contacting them to spread the word rather than putting it in your favoured places and waiting for the rest to come to you?

Either post it everywhere or nowhere surely?[/quote]

What is the problem with Corky putting his updates on here ?

They are well Viewed and until Tonight always gets a Good Feedback :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

You can't be that thick really can you?
Corky is the Welsh Rep for the members of the FSF, he was elected by them and represents them, Cardiff City as the fourth largest membership of the UK FSF. Unfortunately all previous attempts to get a representative from Swansea or even any sort of membership numbers as fallen on deaf ears.

Yet with this total lack of support for the FSF and all it does, you have the cheek to come on and criticise them for the way they do things.

Oh Corky by the way, whilst you are doing this job which is purely a voluntary position, could you spare the time after posting on the Planet Swamp site, could you find the time to write e mail or post messages to the few hundred other clubs in Wales that are registered with the Welsh FA.

Because as has been pointed out, he's a rep for Wales, not Cardiff only.[/quote]

Re: Summary of FSF Cymru meeting with FAW

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:49 am

MalagaCF wrote:Why should Gold members pay £10 more and then silver members have the same away privilege for tickets?
I thought gold members were entitled to home and away tickets and silver members were entitled to home tickets? :o :o

I thought that Silver members were not allowed away tickets which is why my mrs and myself purchased Gold membership ?

Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:10 am

I think the main point here is Corky posts the updates on this site because people have asked him to post them here. I'm also pretty sure that if people from any other mb directly requested him to post on their sites then he would have also done so, if asked nicely of course.

Reading back through the thread though I think the points have been well made too many times yet NJ doesn't seem to be interested in the answers but rather argue for the sake of arguing. This site doesn't own the monopoly on Wales matters and the report was posted in other places before it came here. It's simple really - Ctrl + C is copy, and Ctrl + V is paste.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:16 am

Thanks for the update Corky, top man looked out for you at the big game on the 12th April at Treharris but you must gone Sheff utd instead LOL.

No point in e mailing them again we all know the story, if it was the first time the FAW had cocked up fair enough, but ......

keep up the good work

Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:16 am

cheers Corky! Great post! I have to say though Im really against the FAW not allowing the Welsh players to play for team GB in the Olympics! Its a once in a lifetime thing and will be a great opportunity for our players to play tournament football, and get a taste for it! Without a doubt Bale and Ramsey will be desperate to take part and if I were them I would play regardless of the FAW pencil pushers! You only get one career and how many British players have had the opportunity to play in the olympics in the UK before!

Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:28 am

http://www.fsf.org.uk/cymru/news/FSF-Cy ... er|asc|10|

If it was just a one off GUARANTEED then I would agree mate, but the fear of a combined British team is never far away for all tournaments and there are many countries out there willing to vote to dilute our 4 nations into one.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:39 am

corky wrote:http://www.fsf.org.uk/cymru/news/FSF-Cymru-meet-FAW-Weds-13th-April.php?id=order|asc|10|

If it was just a one off GUARANTEED then I would agree mate, but the fear of a combined British team is never far away for all tournaments and there are many countries out there willing to vote to dilute our 4 nations into one.

I once had a long and sometimes heated discussion with a Swedish fan whilst on my hols. Fact is a lot of people out there see the UK as one country and the fact we enter seperate teams means to them we are just having several bites of the same cherry. My argument back to him was why don't Sweden enter as part of a Scandinavian team rather than idividually.
The fact that three seperate countries can live next door to each other on this island of ours without trying to kill each other should be applauded rather than overlooked.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:39 am

NJ73 wrote:
corky wrote:Its now 1.08...I have answered your questions as well as I can...all FSF members can have access to the information and any Welsh fans group can apply for a meeting with the FAW if they have a suitable agenda...they are open to all groups...and again like I have said numerous times now the actual WALES supporters site have this information on their sites...if any web master of any website contacts me I will happily send them the transcript and minutes of our meetings...but I do not have time to contact every other website in Wales apart from the ones I am registered with....am I saying all this again?

Who asked you to post on every site?

You are more than able, if willing, to contact the swansea site and put it on there but you don't seem prepared to do.so but will happily post it on cardiff boards.

I guess Swans fans at least now know where they stand.

FFS If you want the information then go on the FSF website and if you want it posted directly onto the Jacks MSGB then get up off your arse and do it yourself. :roll:

Corky works tirelessly for all Welsh supporters on a pure voluntary basis which takes a lot of time it would be impossible for him to post on all the Welsh Football MSGB's and inform all the Clubs affiliated to the FAW. He posts the information as a favour to Cardiff City Fans purely because he his a Cardiff fan and feels it would be of interest to Cardiff fans you as a Swansea Fan have exacly the same opportunity to post the same information for your fellow Swansea fans. Simples :D

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:26 pm

Berwyn wrote:I think the main point here is Corky posts the updates on this site because people have asked him to post them here. I'm also pretty sure that if people from any other mb directly requested him to post on their sites then he would have also done so, if asked nicely of course.

Reading back through the thread though I think the points have been well made too many times yet NJ doesn't seem to be interested in the answers but rather argue for the sake of arguing. This site doesn't own the monopoly on Wales matters and the report was posted in other places before it came here. It's simple really - Ctrl + C is copy, and Ctrl + V is paste.

Correct Berwyn :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:27 pm

NJ you're just repeating yourself and STILL nit picking :shock: just give it a rest fella

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Berwyn wrote:I think the main point here is Corky posts the updates on this site because people have asked him to post them here. I'm also pretty sure that if people from any other mb directly requested him to post on their sites then he would have also done so, if asked nicely of course.

Correct Berwyn :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I respectfully disagree.

My opinion is that the fans rep should proactively do everything he can to spread the message of feedback such as this to as many people as possible. It seems that Corky though, isn't prepared to do that.

So next time you're wondering why there is little interest in the FSF from Swansea fans or fans of other clubs, maybe you'll understand why.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:40 pm

Phil Sumbler now has the FSF info and WILL post it on Planet S***s Im sure !

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:40 pm

All information has now been sent to clubs throughout Wales...I have spent another 4 hours of my life registering on sites, its up to their web masters now...right NJ anything else I can do for you...but if there is can it wait until Tomorrow...busy day today.Take care and try to enjoy the rest of the day.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:43 pm

Corky can u sort out the peace in Libya ?? :lol:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:48 pm

Corky can u sort out the peace in Libya ?

I have sent the summary to Muammar, but he is holed up somewhere and I have not heard back...did you send the link on to Phil? I tried to post it on outlook but it failed so thanks for your help mate.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:52 pm

corky wrote:All information has now been sent to clubs throughout Wales...I have spent another 4 hours of my life registering on sites, its up to their web masters now...right NJ anything else I can do for you...but if there is can it wait until Tomorrow...busy day today.Take care and try to enjoy the rest of the day.

Thanks for your efforts.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:09 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:Phil Sumbler now has the FSF info and WILL post it on Planet S***s Im sure !

Gone 3 o'clock now and its still not on Planet Complex. Seems they're not interested in Wales, who'd have thought that :roll: - especially after all the fuss on here eh :shock:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:43 pm

LlwyncelynBlue wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:Phil Sumbler now has the FSF info and WILL post it on Planet S***s Im sure !

Gone 3 o'clock now and its still not on Planet Complex. Seems they're not interested in Wales, who'd have thought that :roll: - especially after all the fuss on here eh :shock:

:lol:

In 30 yrs of going away with Wales I know of the Jacks only attending one away game with more than 10 fans :lol:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cheers Corky for ALL the Info,time and effort you've put in to keeping us ALL updated :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Well us Cardiff Fans anyway :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
LlwyncelynBlue wrote:

:lol:

In 30 yrs of going away with Wales I know of the Jacks only attending one away game with more than 10 fans :lol:

And even then they had to join forces with Cewnty :lol:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:29 pm

corky wrote:http://www.fsf.org.uk/cymru/news/FSF-Cymru-meet-FAW-Weds-13th-April.php?id=order|asc|10|

I understand that Sepp Blatter and Fifa have said that Wales' participation in Team Gb would have no bearing at all in the future as to our individual status. Why dont the FAW get this in writing from FIFA? I dont see what the problem is! Just seems to be a very small minded nationalist approach which will deny millions of people, and the players, an event to remember!

Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:11 pm

NJ

Corky is the WELSH representative of the FSF. He has fulfilled his duties as representative by posting the information onthe FSF website and all WALES (keyword- Wales) messageboards.

Aswell as representing Wales for the FSF, he happens to be a fan of Cardiff City and therefore as a potential common interest and being registered (not banned) from Cardiff City message boards, its his personal choice was to post the information on here for convenience. Since Cardiff City are the 4th highest represented club in the FSF, I see this as understandable.

Simple really.

Can I just ask you a couple of questions.

1)Why should Corky try to contact Planet Swans (or any other Swansea City messageboard),if he is banned/not a member of those message boards?
If he has fulfilled his obligatory requirements by posting on the FAW message boards, I dont see the issue.

2)Since Swansea City are about as well respresented in the FSF as Bala Town, what makes you any different to any number of smaller Welsh clubs that would like to see this information?

If you are as interested as your posts would suggest in the FSF or Wales. You know where their websites are- Get a life you Jack c**t. :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:42 pm

lugg89 wrote:NJ

Corky is the WELSH representative of the FSF. He has fulfilled his duties as representative by posting the information onthe FSF website and all WALES (keyword- Wales) messageboards.

Aswell as representing Wales for the FSF, he happens to be a fan of Cardiff City and therefore as a potential common interest and being registered (not banned) from Cardiff City message boards, its his personal choice was to post the information on here for convenience. Since Cardiff City are the 4th highest represented club in the FSF, I see this as understandable.

Simple really.

Can I just ask you a couple of questions.

1)Why should Corky try to contact Planet Swans (or any other Swansea City messageboard),if he is banned/not a member of those message boards?
If he has fulfilled his obligatory requirements by posting on the FAW message boards, I dont see the issue.

2)Since Swansea City are about as well respresented in the FSF as Bala Town, what makes you any different to any number of smaller Welsh clubs that would like to see this information?

If you are as interested as your posts would suggest in the FSF or Wales. You know where their websites are- Get a life you Jack c**t. :ayatollah:

Because it is my belief that the FSF should try to reach out to as many fans as possible and not just expect them to come to it. See, it really is simple.

You may disagree, that's fine.

I'll ignore the abuse as it's not worth responding to.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:09 pm

NJ73 wrote:I'll ignore the abuse as it's not worth responding to.

Perhaps that is why Corky did not bother with PS. We both know what the idiots on there would have done.