Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Summary of FSF Cymru meeting with FAW "

Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:32 pm

NJ73 wrote:
lugg89 wrote:NJ

Corky is the WELSH representative of the FSF. He has fulfilled his duties as representative by posting the information onthe FSF website and all WALES (keyword- Wales) messageboards.

Aswell as representing Wales for the FSF, he happens to be a fan of Cardiff City and therefore as a potential common interest and being registered (not banned) from Cardiff City message boards, its his personal choice was to post the information on here for convenience. Since Cardiff City are the 4th highest represented club in the FSF, I see this as understandable.

Simple really.

Can I just ask you a couple of questions.

1)Why should Corky try to contact Planet Swans (or any other Swansea City messageboard),if he is banned/not a member of those message boards?
If he has fulfilled his obligatory requirements by posting on the FAW message boards, I dont see the issue.

2)Since Swansea City are about as well respresented in the FSF as Bala Town, what makes you any different to any number of smaller Welsh clubs that would like to see this information?

If you are as interested as your posts would suggest in the FSF or Wales. You know where their websites are- Get a life you Jack c**t. :ayatollah:

Because it is my belief that the FSF should try to reach out to as many fans as possible and not just expect them to come to it. See, it really is simple.

You may disagree, that's fine.

I'll ignore the abuse as it's not worth responding to.

Well in which case, you should look to become a representative for the FSF, NJ. You'd clearly do a better job than corky and no doubt deliver a better service to all welsh football fans. :lol:
If you aren't prepared to do that, then you are in no place to criticise corky since he is VOLUNTEERING his own time to do this on top of his other commitments. Since you have taken so much of your time to scrutinise the job he has done , maybe you could spend your time more constructively and find someone who you deem to be more fit for purpose.

Thoughts?

Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:37 pm

lugg89 wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
lugg89 wrote:NJ

Corky is the WELSH representative of the FSF. He has fulfilled his duties as representative by posting the information onthe FSF website and all WALES (keyword- Wales) messageboards.

Aswell as representing Wales for the FSF, he happens to be a fan of Cardiff City and therefore as a potential common interest and being registered (not banned) from Cardiff City message boards, its his personal choice was to post the information on here for convenience. Since Cardiff City are the 4th highest represented club in the FSF, I see this as understandable.

Simple really.

Can I just ask you a couple of questions.

1)Why should Corky try to contact Planet Swans (or any other Swansea City messageboard),if he is banned/not a member of those message boards?
If he has fulfilled his obligatory requirements by posting on the FAW message boards, I dont see the issue.

2)Since Swansea City are about as well respresented in the FSF as Bala Town, what makes you any different to any number of smaller Welsh clubs that would like to see this information?

If you are as interested as your posts would suggest in the FSF or Wales. You know where their websites are- Get a life you Jack c**t. :ayatollah:

Because it is my belief that the FSF should try to reach out to as many fans as possible and not just expect them to come to it. See, it really is simple.

I'll ignore the abuse as it's not worth responding to.

Well in which case, you should look to become a representative for the FSF, NJ. You'd clearly do a better job than corky and no doubt deliver a better service to all welsh football fans. :lol:
If you aren't prepared to do that, then you are in no place to criticise corky since he is VOLUNTEERING his own time to do this on top of his other commitments. Since you have taken so much of your time to scrutinise the job he has done , maybe you could spend your time more constructively and find someone who you deem to be more fit for purpose.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that this is supposed to be a board where all opinions are welcome and that includes constructive criticism.

Are you saying that because someone does the job voluntarily, then suggestions, queries and yes maybe even some criticism is not allowed?

At the end of the day, all I suggested is that the info provided to Cardiff fans is also equally distributed among as many fans of other clubs as reasonable and possible. Quite how that is wrong is honestly beyond me.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:59 pm

lugg89 wrote:1)Why should Corky try to contact Planet Swans (or any other Swansea City messageboard),if he is banned/not a member of those message boards?

I'll ignore the abuse as it's not worth responding to.[/quote]

Thoughts?[/quote]

My thoughts are that this is supposed to be a board where all opinions are welcome and that includes constructive criticism.

Are you saying that because someone does the job voluntarily, then suggestions, queries and yes maybe even some criticism is not allowed?

At the end of the day, all I suggested is that the info provided to Cardiff fans is also equally distributed among as many fans of other clubs as reasonable and possible. Quite how that is wrong is honestly beyond me.[/quote]

Are you going to volunteer to be a respresentative for the FSF or could you suggest anyone that, in your opinion, will do a better job than Corky?

Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:01 pm

lugg89 wrote:Are you going to volunteer to be a respresentative for the FSF or could you suggest anyone that, in your opinion, will do a better job than Corky?

I've already said in the thread that I wouldn't be interested in it. I'm still entitled to an opinion though, as is anyone.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:12 pm

NJ73 wrote:
lugg89 wrote:Are you going to volunteer to be a respresentative for the FSF or could you suggest anyone that, in your opinion, will do a better job than Corky?

I've already said in the thread that I wouldn't be interested in it. I'm still entitled to an opinion though, as is anyone.

And you received several reponses from Corky himself answering your concerns, so why keep on about it? He's obviously not saying what you want to hear?
Maybe you could take your concerns to the FSF directly and ask them to change the "volunteer requirement/ job description" for FSF representatives. Surely this is the only way around this since you have already ruled yourself out of the role?
Last edited by lugg89 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:13 pm

lugg89 wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

And you received several reponses from Corky himself answering your concerns, so why keep on about it? He's obviously not saying what you want to hear?

I'm not keeping on about it, I'm responding to your questions :roll:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:28 pm

[quote="NJ73"][/quote]
Maybe you could take your concerns to the FSF directly and ask them to change the "volunteer requirement/ job description" for FSF representatives. Surely this is the only way around this since you have already ruled yourself out of the role?

Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:58 am

a very good reason not to bother with the 6 fingered fvckwits.
http://forum.planetswans.co.uk/viewtopi ... b9d5279e10

Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:22 am

goslow wrote:a very good reason not to bother with the 6 fingered fvckwits.

Yes I think NJ's argument has taken a massive nose dive. I doubt very much though if NJ will be man enough to apologise to Corky.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:28 am

Berwyn wrote:

Yes I think NJ's argument has taken a massive nose dive. I doubt very much though if NJ will be man enough to apologise to Corky.

I Hope so, He stalked Corky for 2 nights :shock:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:38 am

I got no problem with him and we have sorted it out via private messages...he is entitled to his opinion...it just dragged on too long. :!:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:25 pm

Cheers Corky :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:25 pm

Berwyn wrote:

On the contrary, it's actually created some interesting posts with several Swansea fans giving their reasons as to why they wouldn't get involved and don't travel away to Wales games any more.

This sort of feedback should therefore create some food for thought for FSF Cymru and their reps who will hopefully take it on board.

Hardly something to apologise for.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:19 pm

Hi I just attended the pub with som efriends and we discussed Welsh football amoungst other things, am I allowed to post the discussions on here for Cardiff fans as it was a discussion in my own time that I decided to take part in or will it show bias against Swansea if I don't post it on their shite?