Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Premier League to Blue Square , teams results you check for

Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:01 pm

Premier League - In all honesty the results I suspect the majorty of us check out for at 1st are the top 4 and Man Citys .. Man City aside it always puts a smile on my face to see the big guns come unstuck (Burnley 1 Manchester Utd 0 for example!). I cant stick your typicall Man Utd , Chelsea fans etc ... To top it off in work this morning an "ARSEnal fan" claimed "Stamford Bridge is a shit hole!"

Championship (excluding Cardiff) - obvisouly being around the top end of the table Newcastle results always intrest me but out of all the leagues this one surely has to be the craziest for scores and the capability of anybody beating anyone on there given day.

League 1 - Leeds have got to be the stand out team in this league but the team whose results I check for regulaur are Swindons. I got talking to a couple of Swindon fans up at Wrexham not long ago (we had Ipswich home on Sunday 28th November so I went up to watch Wrexham v Swindon 2nd round of the FA Cup the Saturday) and they where a cracking lot in fairness even ended up in the away end with them lol .

League 2 - Herefords results I check out a lot , What Graham Turner did for and at Hereford was great (He left in 1994 and had a year out of football before his arrival at Hereford United. A run to the Division Three play-offs was a false dawn, and a year later the Bulls were relegated to the Conference. Having initially resigned, Turner ended up buying the majority shareholding and becoming chairman in 1998. Five financially-troubled seasons followed in non-league football, before he led the Bulls to three consecutive runners-up spots and promotion in 2006....pinched from wikipedia :lol: .)

Blue Square - Wrexham and Wimbledon FC - Obvisouly Wrexham being a fellow welsh club but I would love to see the day Wimbledon come up against and beat MK Dons , im sure every real football fan would be 110% behind Wimbledon after the way they got stripped/robbed out of a club.

Re: Premier League to Blue Square , teams results you check for

Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:20 pm

ae89 wrote:Premier League - In all honesty the results I suspect the majorty of us check out for at 1st are the top 4 and Man Citys .. Man City aside it always puts a smile on my face to see the big guns come unstuck (Burnley 1 Manchester Utd 0 for example!). I cant stick your typicall Man Utd , Chelsea fans etc ... To top it off in work this morning an "ARSEnal fan" claimed "Stamford Bridge is a shit hole!"

Chelsea, but have not liked them since become a prawn sandwich supported team. :ayatollah:

Championship (excluding Cardiff) - obvisouly being around the top end of the table Newcastle results always intrest me but out of all the leagues this one surely has to be the craziest for scores and the capability of anybody beating anyone on there given day.
Only cardiff. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

League 1 - Leeds have got to be the stand out team in this league but the team whose results I check for regulaur are Swindons. I got talking to a couple of Swindon fans up at Wrexham not long ago (we had Ipswich home on Sunday 28th November so I went up to watch Wrexham v Swindon 2nd round of the FA Cup the Saturday) and they where a cracking lot in
fairness even ended up in the away end with them lol .

Leeds, dont like them, but have to admit amazing support and they dont belong there. :ayatollah:

League 2 - Herefords results I check out a lot , What Graham Turner did for and at Hereford was great (He left in 1994 and had a year out of football before his arrival at Hereford United. A run to the Division Three play-offs was a false dawn, and a year later the Bulls were relegated to the Conference. Having initially resigned, Turner ended up buying the majority shareholding and becoming chairman in 1998. Five financially-troubled seasons followed in non-league football, before he led the Bulls to three consecutive runners-up spots and promotion in 2006....pinched from wikipedia :lol: .)

Bury Town, first team I ever saw play, My Grandfathers team. :ayatollah:

Blue Square - Wrexham and Wimbledon FC - Obvisouly Wrexham being a fellow welsh club but I would love to see the day Wimbledon come up against and beat MK Dons , im sure every real football fan would be 110% behind Wimbledon after the way they got stripped/robbed out of a club.

Afc Wimbledon, Oxford,Wrexham and Mansfield and Cambridge. :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:35 pm

All mine are Football Manager related...

Blackpool, Macclesfield, Bury and Cambridge. I also look out for Torquay and Grimsby because I have friends who support them. Beyond that I will always look for Merthyr, Bognor Regis and AFC Hornchurch! :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:06 pm

Only other result i look out for is Brentford..

Whenever i`m working in London and cant get to Cardiff games, i go there, got a lot of good friends there now..

Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:17 pm

premier league - Liverpool (for the banter with my dad)
Champ - teams around us
League 1 - Leeds and Millwall
League 2 - darlo (got friends from there)
blue Square - wrexham

Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:33 pm

PL - Liverpool and man U
championship - SCFC, BCFC
1st Div - BRistol Rvs
2nd - None

BSP - Oxford, York, and all other ex league clubs

SPL - Rangers

Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:00 pm

Jacks. Only to see if it is going to be a good weekend if they lose or a shit one if they win!

Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:16 pm

man utd--swansea--cardiff--leeds--bolton--gillingham.