Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

matthew price heath park rangers u16s coach has died

Wed May 25, 2011 8:07 pm

at the age of just 26,i coach the under 11s at heath park but did not know matthew, my thoughts are with his family and friends at this very sad time r.i.p. :( :( :(

Re: matthew price heath park rangers u16s coach has died

Wed May 25, 2011 8:09 pm

awful news!

condolences to friends and family

Wed May 25, 2011 8:10 pm

He was my sons coach in school elliott is devestated RIP.

Wed May 25, 2011 8:10 pm

Terrible news..may he rest in peace

Wed May 25, 2011 8:15 pm

Very sad news kev ...condolences to all his family, friends and colleagues

Wed May 25, 2011 9:09 pm

krab wrote:at the age of just 26,i coach the under 11s at heath park but did not know matthew, my thoughts are with his family and friends at this very sad time r.i.p. :( :( :(

Top guy, my brother is a faw ref, done a few of his games last year, looked so fit and healthy, such a shame

http://www.heathparkrangers.org.uk/

Wed May 25, 2011 9:26 pm

Rip ! Tragic news! Sounded a top bloke giving up his time for the kids as well!

Thu May 26, 2011 1:51 pm

On a personal note - from a parent of one of the boys he coached (Cardiff & District Division A - u16's Heath Park Rangers)......what an awesome guy! To be taken so young is so so tragic. The interaction he had with the boys & parents was a pleasure to see. His professionalism on and off the pitch was top class. The boys respected him and looked to him for guidance on and off the pitch. He never had to raise his voice to the boys.. as they would listen attentively to his thoughts / advice and instructions on how they were playing, even when they weren't playing that well! The u16's are in disbelief and utter shock of his passing.
From an HPR organisational point of view - what a gent!.. his manner to other teams / offcials / parents - always so so professional. His ethos of fair play and behaviour on and off the pitch was an assett to HPR and something that i as Chair of HPR was extremley proud to have a Manager / Coach of that quality representing HPR.
You'll be missed Matt.......