Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

a different game

Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:22 pm

has anybody gone to watch city away and the game as been postponed and ended up watching another game, i've only done it once , it was shrewsbury away on a tuesday night 2001 i think, the game was called off a couple of hours before kick off we were already in a pub just outside shrewsbury so we decided to go and watch walsall v rotherham it was the only game in the area, it seemed like about 50-100 us went in the away end with the rotherham fans the stewards didn't know what to do when they realised we were in there funny as f*ck there was no trouble and the game was live on sky, quite a few of the lads were getting txts from mates back home wondering why they could hear city fans singing right through the match, was anyone else there that night or have done the same thing on other occasions.

Re: a different game

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:56 pm

yes was there that nite,singing ronnie moores barmy army and great food in ground if i remember correctly? also been to sunderland v bury when citys game at carlisle was called off and a few more across the country,years ago everton v newport at newport,cardiff v millwall called off,that was rough old game that day,cdiff,newport,everton and millwall in same ground,think this story is in 1 of the site owners books.

Re: a different game

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:55 pm

I was there with 12 of my mates from our Transit van,had lot's of rearranged trips over the years, love to see the puzzled looks on everyone's faces.

West Brom against Blackburn when our game at Bolton was cancelled must rate as my best , especially when Blakey scored for Blackburn and run straight to the 400 City fans and did the Ayatollah.