Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Good Luck.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:57 am

To Warren Feeney this Saturday, he makes his first full start of a game in I dont know how long for Sheff Wed This Saturday v Reading.
I really hope you score and show Dave Jones he should of at least given you a chance,seen as all our strikers are on fire lol.

Re: Good Luck.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:11 am

The prob is mate dj has his chosen few and if your not one of them you dont play.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:01 pm

Let's face it, Warren Feeney has never been good enough to play Championship football. I was astonished when we signed him. He's a hard worker but he's just not got what it takes. I hope he does well and proves me wrong but I can't see it. League One striker through and through.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:35 pm

I agree with Zabier on this one. I wish Feeney well and I hope he does well up there, but I don't think he'll cut it. He was a good option for us to use off the bench and it's one less player from our paper thin squad, but he's not Championship quality

Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:To Warren Feeney this Saturday, he makes his first full start of a game in I dont know how long for Sheff Wed This Saturday v Reading.
I really hope you score and show Dave Jones he should of at least given you a chance,seen as all our strikers are on fire lol.

You dont seriously think Feeney should have been picked ahead of any of Bothroyd, Chopra or McCormack do you?

Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:09 pm

My honest Opinion, maybe more because he is a good friend, he scored for the Jacks 6 in 13 games, scored for Dundee non stop, yes he should have been given a proper run. This why I love different opinions and debates.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:My honest Opinion, maybe more because he is a good friend, he scored for the Jacks 6 in 13 games, scored for Dundee non stop, yes he should have been given a proper run. This why I love different opinions and debates.

I agree with Annis - Feeney could never become a Chopra or a Bothroyd because he was never given the chance to do so.

I hope he gets a hatrick to prove to DJ that his judgement has been clouded.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:52 pm

I think you may be letting your heart rule your head. Feeney was given game time at the end of the season about 2 years back and was poor. Remember him miskicking from 6 yards out at home as well with an open goal. I've no doubt he's a top lad but dont think he's good enough for us. Thats my opinion anyway!

Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:54 pm

mrbilbo wrote:I think you may be letting your heart rule your head. Feeney was given game time at the end of the season about 2 years back and was poor. Remember him miskicking from 6 yards out at home as well with an open goal. I've no doubt he's a top lad but dont think he's good enough for us. Thats my opinion anyway!

I totally respect that what you said, but he scores at international level.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:42 pm

After his goal against FC Twente (see it at www.leeparsonsphotography.co.uk) I thought it would give him the confidence to establish himself at City, but after the miss against Stoke I think his days at City were numbered.
I always looked out for Dundee United's results while he was there and also when he played for Northern Ireland !
I wish him well and look forward to him coming back to haunt us as so many others have done in the past !

Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:50 pm

Good Luck Warren.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:54 pm

He's not going to show anybody anything. He's not good enough.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:To Warren Feeney this Saturday, he makes his first full start of a game in I dont know how long for Sheff Wed This Saturday v Reading.

Problem is Annis, he's your mate, so can you be objective about it ?

He's 3rd choice for the one small striker spot. He's nowhere near the class of Chopra or McCormack and his goals for the Jacks were in division 1.

We need competition/cover for Bothroyd, so Feeney had to go.

After Feeney had his first few games for us most of the fans thought he was shocking. Unfortunately that was his chance, similar to the chance that Jason Byrne had and many others, (at least Byrne scored ), at this level players have to take the opportunities when they come, especially here, we arent the most patient of crowds !

It was ridiculous he was signed on a 3 year contract.

Its better he's gone and moves on with another club.

Good luck to the lad, but I honestly think the salary and squad spot could be better used with a target man or if not central midfielder.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:51 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Problem is Annis, he's your mate, so can you be objective about it ?

He's 3rd choice for the one small striker spot. He's nowhere near the class of Chopra or McCormack and his goals for the Jacks were in division 1.

We need competition/cover for Bothroyd, so Feeney had to go.

After Feeney had his first few games for us most of the fans thought he was shocking. Unfortunately that was his chance, similar to the chance that Jason Byrne had and many others, (at least Byrne scored ), at this level players have to take the opportunities when they come, especially here, we arent the most patient of crowds !

It was ridiculous he was signed on a 3 year contract.

Its better he's gone and moves on with another club.

Good luck to the lad, but I honestly think the salary and squad spot could be better used with a target man or if not central midfielder.

Chopra has not scored for months, Jones treatment of Feeney was / is disgusting.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:58 pm

He's still top scorer in the division, I think he's earnt a bit of patience.
Are you seriously saying you'd play Feeney before him ?

And what about McCormack ?

Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:20 pm

I hope he at least helps us climb up the table! We are getting desperate now and it looks like we will have to settle for just staying in this division this season! I will let you all know how he is playing and like you all say it might work out for the best for the boy a new challenge!I don't know much about him other than hes down the pecking order! One thing for certain he can't be as bad as Darren Purse can he???????????? :roll:

Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:23 pm

sam salim wrote:I hope he at least helps us climb up the table! We are getting desperate now and it looks like we will have to settle for just staying in this division this season! I will let you all know how he is playing and like you all say it might work out for the best for the boy a new challenge!I don't know much about him other than hes down the pecking order! One thing for certain he can't be as bad as Darren Purse can he???????????? :roll:

Best of luck, Warren is out having a meal with the Wednesday players tonight.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:31 pm

I hope he out having a celebration drink saturday night!!!!!!!! IM HAVING A BET ON HIM FOR FIRST GOAL SCORED!!!!!!!!!! :D

Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:35 pm

Lawnmower wrote:He's still top scorer in the division, I think he's earnt a bit of patience.

Of course I would give him a chance when Chopra has done nothing for months, Feeney has scored at international level, he should have been given a run of games, he wasn't, he fell into an undesirable under Jones, we know what happens when your face doesn't fit under Jones, Kennedy said as much when he was on GTFM the other night.

McCormack was injured for quite some time, perhaps you would prefer he plays a full 11 of injured players, it's done Joe Ledley the power of good!!.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:43 pm

JonesMustGo wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:He's still top scorer in the division, I think he's earnt a bit of patience.

Of course I would give him a chance when Chopra has done nothing for months, Feeney has scored at international level, he should have been given a run of games, he wasn't, he fell into an undesirable under Jones, we know what happens when your face doesn't fit under Jones, Kennedy said as much when he was on GTFM the other night.

McCormack was injured for quite some time, perhaps you would prefer he plays a full 11 of injured players, it's done Joe Ledley the power of good!!.

Mccormack has been fit for weeks.
Before that Chopra was banging them in like he was going to set records.
Its difficult to think that its more about your dislike of Jones given your posting name.

For all the people I speak to about City not one (except Annis) has said that Feeney should play before Chopra.

So well done.

As for Ledley, even 1/2 fit he's better than Rae or Taiwo.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:48 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
JonesMustGo wrote:

Mccormack has been fit for weeks.
Before that Chopra was banging them in like he was going to set records.
Its difficult to think that its more about your dislike of Jones given your posting name.

For all the people I speak to about City not one (except Annis) has said that Feeney should play before Chopra.

So well done.

As for Ledley, even 1/2 fit he's better than Rae or Taiwo.

Tim, you continually miss the point albeit a minor point, I would not play Feeney in preference to Chopra, I would have given him a chance with the continual dismal form of Chopra, there is a subtle difference.

If the best Indian take away in Cardiff started turning out rubbish, most eaters would give another Indian a go until the best had got his house in order, sometimes you have to think outside the box.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:54 pm

Your choice mate.

The thing with Chopra though is he's going to score and score a load, soon. he's continued to work hard and made plenty for others. The service since mcPhail got injured hasnt been good, and the question I ask is who would be more likely to score Saturday and although Chops is having a dip at the moment, I'd still say he was more likely than Feeney.

I felt a bit sorry for the lad at first because it felt like a lot of fans didnt give him a chance, but the stark reality now is with Chopra and McCormack here we need to move one of the 3 on to make space for cover for Bothroyd and for me its an easy decision.

Your welcome to your opinion though.