Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WELL ANOTHER WEEK WILL HAVE GONE AND ANOTHER

Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:03 am

Friday will be upon us and Peter Ridsdale keeps saying this week or by this Friday all will be signed, Come on Peter even I know Sam will sign, but you have to give him something in return. He wants to be remembered by his name on something etc. This is becoming more about PR and SH than about our club and its fans.

Re: WELL ANOTHER WEEK WILL HAVE GONE AND ANOTHER

Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:17 am

Why cant they find him some kind of role at the club because at the end of the day if it wasnt for sam we would not be where we are now in the league he did have his vaults but his heart was in the club

Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:25 am

elliott wrote:Why cant they find him some kind of role at the club because at the end of the day if it wasnt for sam we would not be where we are now in the league he did have his vaults but his heart was in the club

I would of let him have the name president, makes Sam happy, but he would have no power, he has also asked for a parking space PR said NO.lol

Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:28 am

just give the guy a space and sort him out, riddler forgets it was sam who brough him back into football and got his low bank funds and re-mortage more cash from our club

Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:33 am

Cant believe pr wont give him a parking space just let him have it so he can sign those forms as quick as poss we need to strenghten squad in new year or it will be another waste of a season

Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:41 am

elliott wrote:Cant believe pr wont give him a parking space just let him have it so he can sign those forms as quick as poss we need to strenghten squad in new year or it will be another waste of a season

This all worries me as it also makes me think its about PR not Cardiff City.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:42 am

How about his own brick on the "city Walk". :o

I think it's about 50 letter per brick. So what should should he have on it?

Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:43 am

RobP wrote:How about his own brick on the "city Walk". :o

:lol:

Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:25 am

RobP wrote:How about his own brick on the "city Walk". :o

As long as the £50 for the brick gets knocked off the £10M !

Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:16 am

Look if it helps i will ask my father in law if sam can park his car outside his gaff in Canton. :lol:

Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:19 am

For £10m I suppose he could buy enough City Walk bricks to park his car on. Problem sorted!

Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:20 am

yer its not about that though

its a mini war between riddler and scam, scam wants for off him

imagine if somone ripped you off for years and they wanted to give you back say half, you'd keep digging and trying to get more from that person, thats all thats happening now

Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:22 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Look if it helps i will ask my father in law if sam can park his car outside his gaff in Canton. :lol:

:lol:

No serious, sometimes you have to give to receive and thats how Sam is playing it. I am not saying he is right, but I wouldnt want to write £10 mill of for nothing back.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:31 am

Forever Blue wrote:
elliott wrote:Why cant they find him some kind of role at the club because at the end of the day if it wasnt for sam we would not be where we are now in the league he did have his vaults but his heart was in the club

I would of let him have the name president, makes Sam happy, but he would have no power, he has also asked for a parking space PR said NO.lol

Doesn't seem too much to ask for, does it? In exchange for taking a £5million hit, Sam Hammam gets a parking space and honourary President or some such non-executive title!

Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:37 am

PR needs to stop being petty.

In all honesty, give what Sam wants and it writes off £10 million.

It's not much too ask for!

Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:40 am

Guys, I'm only joking with my City Walk posts. Just a bit of fun to lighten up what is a frustrating situation for us fans.

The club owes Sam a lot of money but also some gratitude for what he started. If Sam is willing to write off a lot of the money owed then maybe we can start to forgive and forget and if that means giving him some recognition then it seems fair.

If we come out of this with no debt to Langstone and the major threat to the club removed then in my eyes Sam may have redeemed himself and I would welcome him back to watch us play etc. For him to be an active part of the club though is something I couldn't stretch to, yet.

Forgetting all the politics and difficulties, the atmoshpere when Sam was around was a different class, a real passion that started with the chairman and spread to us all. We could do with a bit of that right now.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:51 am

Forgetting all the politics and difficulties, the atmoshpere when Sam was around was a different class, a real passion that started with the chairman and spread to us all. We could do with a bit of that right now.

This is one aspect of Sams tenure that Ridsdale will never be able to replicate, no matter how much he tries to convince the supporters that he has now become a Cardiff fan!
I'm sure that Sam, wouldn't be happy with the atmosphere at the CCS, and would be pro-active in finding ways to improve it.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:54 am

Sam was the best and the worst of our club in his time. Nobody can argue the Leeds atmosphere was the best atmosphere ever, only rivalled by the playoff final and maybe the FA Cup Final. However, his time has gone. I don't want his name physically associated with the club in a President role or whatever role.

I can understand Ridsdale refusing Hammam that role because it's just an arrogant request on Sam's behalf. Why does he want to have his name forever associated with our club in such a physical form? However, refusing such things as a car park space just seems petty by Ridsdale and for the sake of £10m he is just cutting off his nose to spite his face it seems.

The Sam Hammam Suite

Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:13 pm

Give him a car parking space and name the premier club restaurant after him, a few pictures dotted around - afterall he is part of our history.

Has he already got a seat for life in the directors box ? if not give him a premier seat.