Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

joe ledley EXIT

Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:05 am

Bye bye, close the door behind you!

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -25309799/

Re: joe ledley EXIT

Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:12 am

I think that meeting on monday has done some damage to the dressing room hudson has slated pr on his remarks at ledley cant wait to see the team sheet for saturday well done pr

Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:43 am

Ben wrote:Bye bye, close the door behind you!

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -25309799/

Ledley can go as far as I am concerned, he has done nothing for City for nearly a yr.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:47 am

elliott wrote:I think that meeting on monday has done some damage to the dressing room hudson has slated pr on his remarks at ledley cant wait to see the team sheet for saturday well done pr

On this one PR was right to Speak out as us fans needed to know our chairman was seeing the same gutless,passionless display by our team as we are and he told us he wasnt happy as well. They deserve to be critisced publicly.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:59 am

its a frigging mess down the city right now and the only result i can see on sat is a loss. Things are going to get a whole lot worse the only thing that can be done at the monent is for DJ to go and go now

Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:02 am

Nuclearblue wrote:its a frigging mess down the city right now and the only result i can see on sat is a loss. Things are going to get a whole lot worse the only thing that can be done at the monent is for DJ to go and go now

If we loose Sat then I really see the Clubs results going from bad to worse as DJ or the players havent got a clue/passion or bottle to get out of a bad run, We need a win badly.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:13 am

Im a city fan yer, like most on here, and if i had the gift and was lucky enough to play for the club i love so much then 5k a week would be a bonus to me, i get to play in stadiums across britian, i get to play in front of crowds calling my name, and to get the chance to play for my country would be awsome! life would be perfect, play for my home town club i support and become known throughout wales via international level! I wouldn't even think about being transfered and if somone came in then it wouldn't cross my mind to refuse it! if the club was coming stuck for cash id even take a cut (beats working and earning 25k a year) do you know what i mean

Yet rat boy seems to take all that for granted! what a nob the kid really is! I want him out! he's pissed on his own chips now!

ill be glad the day he goes because he certianly won't go anywhere better

(i know somone who was in school with him and they have a school photo of him wearing a liverpool shirt, always supported them and family would take the trips up to anfield, but hay now its "cardiff lad and his family playing for the club he supported as a kid" JOKE!!! )

Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:33 am

I'll stick to what I said on another MB:

Well if he's so injured/impared how come he can play so well for Wales against Scotland in the middle of his terrible run of club form :evil:

Secondly, why should the club agree to him having an op when we're still paying him and he won't sign a contract ? Are we really expected to let him have an op, keep paying his wages while he doesn't play for 3 months and then let him walk away on a nice big contract in the summer, on higher wages because he is injury free :shock:

When a certain Scouser did something similar to us a couple of seasons ago there was outcry from every quarter. Granted we have had greater service from Joe over the years but he's hardly set the world alight since Wembley.

If he signs a contract he safeguards the club and ensures he gets paid more if/when he does have his op. Seems like we are being taken for a ride here by someone who has made great play of loving our club but is now willing to sc^*w us all ways round :evil:

Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:35 am

Forever Blue wrote:
elliott wrote:I think that meeting on monday has done some damage to the dressing room hudson has slated pr on his remarks at ledley cant wait to see the team sheet for saturday well done pr

On this one PR was right to Speak out as us fans needed to know our chairman was seeing the same gutless,passionless display by our team as we are and he told us he wasnt happy as well. They deserve to be critisced publicly.

at the end of the day PR is Joes employer and Joe is an employee of Cardiff City, in any walk of life if your doing a crap job your Boss will give you a bollocking sometiems infront of people. Joe gets a very good wage and isnt performing, PR in my opinion was right to slate him and give him a kick up the arse.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:38 am

Ben wrote:Im a city fan yer, like most on here, and if i had the gift and was lucky enough to play for the club i love so much then 5k a week would be a bonus to me, i get to play in stadiums across britian, i get to play in front of crowds calling my name, and to get the chance to play for my country would be awsome! life would be perfect, play for my home town club i support and become known throughout wales via international level! I wouldn't even think about being transfered and if somone came in then it wouldn't cross my mind to refuse it! if the club was coming stuck for cash id even take a cut (beats working and earning 25k a year) do you know what i mean

Yet rat boy seems to take all that for granted! what a nob the kid really is! I want him out! he's pissed on his own chips now!

(i know somone who was in school with him and they have a school photo of him wearing a liverpool shirt, always supported them and family would take the trips up to anfield, but hay now its "cardiff lad and his family playing for the club he supported as a kid" JOKE!!! )

I kind of understand what your saying about playing for your local club etc but surely all players have aspreations of playing in the premiership, another thing that would play on your mind is its ashort career and you have to make as much as you can in that time.

Saying that it doesnt justify him playing shit for cardiff.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:30 am

Humphry's wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

at the end of the day PR is Joes employer and Joe is an employee of Cardiff City, in any walk of life if your doing a crap job your Boss will give you a bollocking sometiems infront of people. Joe gets a very good wage and isnt performing, PR in my opinion was right to slate him and give him a kick up the arse.

I totally agree Humprhy's, it's another case of footballers not living in the real world and sums up how thin skinned our players are. What did Gerrard and Torres do when Rafa came out and publicly slated them? They got their heads down and proved him wrong. If Ledley had any sense he'd do the same... be a professional. I don't blame Ridsdale for slating Joe publicly. He did what we all wanted to see. Give them a kick up the arse.

If Joe really is as good as he thinks he is he'll use Ridsdale's words to boost his own game rather than run of and sulk in a corner.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:46 pm

Ridsdale was wrong to comment on the lad. As it seems to aspire that he is actually playing with injury would explain the form you talk about. Playing in pain is no joy for any player. I blame your Manager for playing an injured player. Is it punishment for not signing a new contract? The operation no doubt would have already taken place if the player was seen as a valuable asset.

Jones has a big reputation within football to being a " bully" type Manager and this looks like that is the case here.

Our Manager never plays injured players.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:51 pm

If he is so injured why is he playing 'friendly' matches for Wales???

Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:57 pm

I wasnt aware of that, but considering the circumstances the saying " shop window" comes to mind.

How did he play?

Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:00 pm

The best he has done all season. Like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders LOL

Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:19 pm

CreanyCCFC wrote:The best he has done all season. Like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders LOL

That probably says it all then.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:50 pm

CreanyCCFC wrote:The best he has done all season. Like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders LOL

Probably something to do with Jones not breathing down his neck, and the fact that he's mixing with better players, and in the International team it kind of gives you that spirit to fit in and do well - especially at your own ground.

Ben wrote:Im a city fan yer, like most on here, and if i had the gift and was lucky enough to play for the club i love so much then 5k a week would be a bonus to me, i get to play in stadiums across britian, i get to play in front of crowds calling my name, and to get the chance to play for my country would be awsome! life would be perfect, play for my home town club i support and become known throughout wales via international level! I wouldn't even think about being transfered and if somone came in then it wouldn't cross my mind to refuse it! if the club was coming stuck for cash id even take a cut (beats working and earning 25k a year) do you know what i mean

I dont agree with this at all.

A footballer has a career that spans approximately 20yrs Maximum! So to grab as much money as you can whilst playing is essential. Effectively Players retire around the 36yr old mark on average i would say. So there are many years ahead to plan for. Not just for him, but any future family that may be acquired along the way. This includes the general running of any assets the player were to obtain during their playing career, eg. Cars, Houses, Hobbies etc etc... Therefore, Premiership football is something that ALL players aspire to, and want to play. You can not deny a player the opportunity to reach the highs of that level of football and wages, which is what Dave Jones & Peter Ridsdale did! by rejecting the Stoke move for £6m even though Ledley clearly stated his interest in speaking with Mr Pullis.

This probably holds high regards as to why Ledley is maybe feeling bitter about the whole contract saga. I do not agree with the fact that Peter Ridsdale slated the chap in public, it is out of order and I therefore disagree with the following quote:

Humphry's wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

If Joe is playing with an injury and has now publicly come out and stated this - Then I'm sure DJ is gonna be rather annoyed that everyone has found out that he's refused Ledley the chance to correct his problem through surgery, as he'd be out of action for 3 months. But you have to look at it from Joes point of view too - as their are too many one eyed views on the message boards. Would you be happy that one man is risking your entire career and health by playing you with what i would consider a pretty serious injury. (Dont forget the Robbie Fowler fiasco too! maybe Jones is thinking of this) but it doesnt give him a right to continually play an unfit player - and then slag him off when he under performs?

I for one am a Ledley fan, he has been an icon at this club and i thank him for everything he has achieved and given to us as a club - especailly the goal that got us too Wembley and put Cardiff on the map as 2008 FA Cup runners up. IF he does go, it will be a sad day, but young promising footballers move on if they can not achieve what they want from the club they are playing for. This is normal procedure and a players future is indeed more important to their past and present.

Oh, and dont forget the "AGENT!" - Many contracts are either put on hold, or re-negotiated to benefit that of the agent? Afterall, it is them that will earning a nice little wager on completion of an agreed player contract to a club.

Don't trust everything in the Media, and what you see and hear is correct, especially after PR's latest debacle with the SWE!

Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:54 pm

Poorly written article in that it took no account of the players form of the last 18 months. His performances have been the elephant in the room this past year with few daring to mention the fact that he has peaked.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:04 pm

sadly these days the sporting world has become a very soft! for example if you play welsh league football and you have a shit game, your manager lets rip into you because it matters, same if you work in an office and you dont do the right thing your boss will have a go at you, in joe's case whether its DJ or PR it should be irrelevant. now the problem is if ledley has a bad game , he can hide behind a supposed injury and people will say aw poor joe hes got a bad hip, bollocks let me tell you from watching him week in week out this year its his heart he wants to have an operation on not his hip. hes not the only one lacking passion though i will give him that......

Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:12 pm

Gerry Hat Trick wrote:Poorly written article in that it took no account of the players form of the last 18 months. His performances have been the elephant in the room this past year with few daring to mention the fact that he has peaked.

:lol: He's not 23 until January 21st, and you are maybe suggesting he has peaked??? come on lad - get a grip.
He's been suffering with his hip injury for longer that most people know about too....

His captaincy (which i might remind you was in fact a long run of great form for the club) was stripped away from him only to be given to a newly acquired player who is yet to win over fans and staff alike.

He might not be the leader you'd expect on the pitch, but Stats speak volumes. and at the moment is slightly muted wouldnt you say?

His bad form of late is certainly a source for criticism from fans, but if playing this long with a hi injury is true (which i believe it is) then you have to lay alot of blame on the manager for his part in the recent downturn in midfield.

Maybe fans & other viewing spectators only comment on recent elements of Joes form, but there's no forgetting what he's given to ccfc in the past. I dont agree with the harsh criticsm and public negativity from the club and hirearchy and will continue to support one of the greatest fans favourites to wear our shirt. Im sure he'll come through it all, whether it is at this club or not he will certainly become an established and well regarded player in top flight football.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:05 pm

In fairness its a bit easier playing well alongside Ramsey than it is alongside Rae !

Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:46 pm

Dont know what to think about Ledley, he's been shit this year!

But he was good as Captain & nobody can say otherwise! It just feels like Jones cant keep players happy & motivated.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:48 pm

Don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread, but someone said his bad form started around about the time he got with his new girlfriend. Apparently she's been telling him how great he is, and how he should be playing in the Premiership.

Not sure how true that is though, it's certainly not FACT.