Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Arsenal

Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:40 pm

Just a thought...Since we have sold Ramsey to the gunner and with rumours of another young propect being tracked by them, surely relationships between both clubs are pretty good (just an assumption), why are we not taking advantage of this and getting some loan signings in?? With Walcot now back from injury, does Whiltshire need games???

As I say just a thought

Re: Arsenal

Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:07 pm

I have thought this for a while, they have got such a talented group of youngsters and was talking to an Arsenal friend of mine in the pub at weekend who thought the same especialy as he rates Ramsey as a fantastic player.

Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:12 pm

It just seems so obvious to me, but they have such depth in midfield surely they have top youngsters that need a little competitive game time... Also ain't DJ big mates with Fergie??? Only player I can think of that Fergie sent our way was Ferreti(spelling)... However I may be wrong

Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:20 pm

what i dont get is all these clubs (like burnley in the championship last season with eagles) can attract big names/young prospects yet we get naff all or names you've never heard off

Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:28 pm

Wasn't Tom Heaton on loan from Carrington? Arsenal loans normally go to other London Clubs, ie Simpson went to Millwall, Lansbury to another London Championship Club.

Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:32 pm

Totally agree, is south Wales really that bad?? LOL

Isn't Simpson at WBA?? Have any big club got any Welsh youngsters that need games and may benefit from being nearer home for a while?? As I say it's just a thought but we seem happy to bow to clubs and take what ever they offer and on there terms eg did we have a sell on clause for Collins/Gunter??

Just think we could attract so much more!!

Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:28 pm

Ben wrote:what i dont get is all these clubs (like burnley in the championship last season with eagles) can attract big names/young prospects yet we get naff all or names you've never heard off

Burnley is not far from Manchester, as Arsenal is not far from other London Clubs, Loans of decent players normally quite often go local, I would guess you wouldn't want a Swansea player on loan... lol.

Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:31 pm

Well you say that but Tait/Trundle are both decent players!!! Lmao

Wonder if Annis is successful in his attempt with taking control of MT if they could help us out???