Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

stoke fans singing

Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:44 pm

we support our local team we support our local team :ayatollah:

fair play stoke are always loud

Re: stoke fans singing

Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:07 pm

I think Stoke piss all over the accusations that new stadiums kill atmospheres.

I know it is slightly different as 2 parts of the Brittania are seperate from the other part but does it make a difference?

I know this might sound random, but does anyone think that putting away fans directly behind one of the goals would improve the atmosphere, its my theory anyway :lol: rather than pinging them in the corner. :?:

Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:59 pm

they are singing and standing all parts of the brittania and i cant see any stewerds stopping it.. unlike our lot :roll:

Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:01 pm

jinks-rct wrote:they are singing and standing all parts of the brittania and i cant see any stewerds stopping it.. unlike our lot :roll:

Thats the key to it mate, fuckin hitlers in our ground, hopefully it'll get better

Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:02 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:they are singing and standing all parts of the brittania and i cant see any stewerds stopping it.. unlike our lot :roll:

Thats the key to it mate, fuckin hitlers in our ground, hopefully it'll get better

ive been watching the fans during the game and theres a diferent attitude towards the fans. wayne nash and the arses down our stadium need shooting :twisted:

Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:25 pm

jinks-rct wrote:we support our local team we support our local team :ayatollah:

Their so original....funnily enough leeds were singing the same song in the carling cup a few nights ago.....joke shitty.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:27 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
Daniel_PT_blues wrote:

ive been watching the fans during the game and theres a diferent attitude towards the fans. wayne nash and the arses down our stadium need shooting :twisted:

actually if you watch the crowd the vast majority are sitting only standing during certain moments so there isnt a lot for there stewards to do (you are allowed to stand during moments of excitement), its persistent standing which the law has problems with and is a particular problem at cardiff.
I dont see what more the club can do to satisfy you no club is going to allow persistent standing throughout the ground purely on the fact that it is illegal (standing during moments of excitement are allowed). The club has given you a standing section in the canton stand where we turn a blind eye to standing but everywhere else in the stadium apart from these moments of excitement you are requested to return to your seat as is the law. There are several reasons why persistent standing is not allowed and i dont generally agree with them but that is the law so stewards are required to enforce them. If you insist on standing throughout the game you will see stewards requesting you to sit down because that is the law no other reason. Instead of calling stewards little hitlers why dont you actively support the safe standing movement from the fsf.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:29 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:
Daniel_PT_blues wrote:

actually if you watch the crowd the vast majority are sitting only standing during certain moments so there isnt a lot for there stewards to do (you are allowed to stand during moments of excitement), its persistent standing which the law has problems with and is a particular problem at cardiff.
I dont see what more the club can do to satisfy you no club is going to allow persistent standing throughout the ground purely on the fact that it is illegal (standing during moments of excitement are allowed). The club has given you a standing section in the canton stand where we turn a blind eye to standing but everywhere else in the stadium apart from these moments of excitement you are requested to return to your seat as is the law. There are several reasons why persistent standing is not allowed and i dont generally agree with them but that is the law so stewards are required to enforce them. If you insist on standing throughout the game you will see stewards requesting you to sit down because that is the law no other reason. Instead of calling stewards little hitlers why dont you actively support the safe standing movement from the fsf.

alot of the stewards at the ccs are morons only there for a free game and abit of bullying :lol:

Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:57 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:
Daniel_PT_blues wrote:

GROW UP ITS LAW NOTHING TO DO WITH STEWARDS

alot of the stewards at the ccs are morons only there for a free game and abit of bullying :lol:

Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:05 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:
Daniel_PT_blues wrote:

well thats your opinion i can argue against but not going to but ill agree with you at the same time
are there stewards who only work there for a free footy match and a power trip, probably but these tend to be in the minority and they are not very good stewards and dont last very long. There are stewards who are better than others but thats not really the issue. We only have one major issue in the stadium and its from a very small minority. We provide a standing section in the canton stand and from what i hear its a pretty mad party in there and though it will never be the same as the old grange end at ninian park its as close we can get it. The grandstand seem happy to remain seated through the majority of the game only coming alive during possible goal scoring opportunities as well as a vast majority in the ninian stand who are happy to remain seated during the game. The only issue is from a small group of supporters in ninian stand blocks 117 and 118. The fact of the matter is that the vast majority of the 20 odd thousand fans who turn up to the CCS week in week out enjoy their match day experience from the canton stand to the family stand and its only a small minority who feel oppressed at football by alleged 'little hitlers' of stewards where in truth you know your breaking the law (for the record i think the no standing law is stupid) and whilst knowingly breaking the law and rules of the stadium you feel victimised that stewards are targeting you personally which isnt the case, there are rules at football which stewards enforce at the stadium which you cant complain about, but on the same note the club also tells you where you can go where these rules are relaxed if not ignored all together.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:37 pm

Most Stoke fans are twxts but they do give their team great support better than all the premier league and most of the chmpionship :mrgreen:

Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:09 pm

This guy isn't too pleased with their stewards.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/ind ... ead=175382

Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:37 pm

jinks-rct wrote:we support our local team we support our local team :ayatollah:

One of the stands is miles from pitch also

Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:48 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:
Daniel_PT_blues wrote:

do you not see how ludicrous your response is!!

"persistent standing is illegal"

BUT

"The club has given you a standing section in the canton stand where we turn a blind eye to standing"

What a load of bollocks. So the club are openly flaunting 'the law' in one area of the ground
yet will ban you for standing in other parts of the ground "sorry, its the LAW!"

there is absolutely f**k all to prove that standing is a Health And Safety issue. Its a control
issue, pure and simple. What is the ruling here? 'Moments of excitement are ok, and safe...
but what? 'standing for long periods can cause hernias, heart attacks and death??????

Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:04 pm

taffyapple wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:
Daniel_PT_blues wrote:

do you not see how ludicrous your response is!!

"persistent standing is illegal"

BUT

"The club has given you a standing section in the canton stand where we turn a blind eye to standing"

What a load of bollocks. So the club are openly flaunting 'the law' in one area of the ground
yet will ban you for standing in other parts of the ground "sorry, its the LAW!"

there is absolutely f**k all to prove that standing is a Health And Safety issue. Its a control
issue, pure and simple. What is the ruling here? 'Moments of excitement are ok, and safe...
but what? 'standing for long periods can cause hernias, heart attacks and death??????

Im not arguing the relevance of the law im just stating the facts
I dont believe there is any reason why you couldnt stand for the whole game and why persistent standing remains illegal in the modern day game
All im stating is the rules are the rules the law is the law and stewards have to enforce it rightly or wrongly
My point is instead of having a go at the average steward who is powerless to change the rules make a stand (excuse the pun) join the fsf campaign on safe standing actively get involved in it
Personally for me as long as the steps are clear in each block for safety reasons such as easy access for emergency services such as paramedics to get to a situation quickly and easily what you do in your own seat is your own business, but the law states otherwise so stewards respond accordingly

Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:47 am

My brother used to be a steward at the ccs he told me 'most of the stewards are rugby fans who come for free food and have it out for football fans'

he also told me he was in the ninian stand and never had contact from any other stands stewards as they were mostly kept apart.

Here's the funniest bit, last year he tried to make someone sit down, after the Match he was set upon by a bunch of fans who broke his ribs, it was caught on CCTV and was reported to the club by my brother but nothing was ever done about it.

Oh and by the way he was never shown anything that said people MUST sit at the CCS and remember this was last year when there was not a standing section.

Your move little hitler ;)

Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:41 am

typenamehere wrote:My brother used to be a steward at the ccs he told me 'most of the stewards are rugby fans who come for free food and have it out for football fans'

he also told me he was in the ninian stand and never had contact from any other stands stewards as they were mostly kept apart.

Here's the funniest bit, last year he tried to make someone sit down, after the Match he was set upon by a bunch of fans who broke his ribs, it was caught on CCTV and was reported to the club by my brother but nothing was ever done about it.

Oh and by the way he was never shown anything that said people MUST sit at the CCS and remember this was last year when there was not a standing section.

Your move little hitler ;)

ok well ive been a steward at cardiff for 4 years almost 5 weve kept the vast majority of stewards from Ninian Park and about 90% a supporters of CCFC obvioulsy with the move to the CCS we have had to recruit more stewards and with the Cardiff Blues playing at the ground we have attracted more rugby stewards and they have taken advantage of the extra work whicj=h the football provides but your quote saying they are out to get football fans is a load of crap.
Stewards arent kept apart but each team works in their own areas so you dont see stewards from different stands very often (this was no different at Ninian Park) but there is a good team ethic around the ground so you cant really complain
Your brother being beaten up isnt really funny but I havent heard about it (im not saying it didnt happen) I cant believe the club took no action so if nothing happened id say that is a failing within the police force which is unlikely because they take these types of assaults are taken very seriously by the club and SWP and have been documented in the past via the media.
If your brother states that he was never shown anything or told anything about supporters not being allowed to stand persistently during matches, id say he must have fell asleep during his stewarding training which wouldnt make him a very good steward.
As you seem to believe that standing is allowed in the stadium and its just stewards being pricks making you sit down all the time explain to me why the club has made an effort to create a standing section and is trying to persuade our standing support over to the canton stand. As ive stated before persistent standing is against the laws of football as stated in the ground regulations : 'Nobody may stand in any seating area whilst play is in progress. Persistent standing in seated areas whilst play is in progress is strictly forbidden and may result in ejection from the ground'.
However the rules do give leeway to moments of excitement during the progress of play to allow standing, the to rules are in direct conflict of each other and is down to each individual club and steward to differentiate between persistent standing and standing during moment of excitement.
Your move einstein ;)

Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:28 pm

I love the 'your move Einstein' bit, makes me look thick...

now show me where I said anything about him saying he wasn't told people wouldn't stand? He was told it alright a hell of alot what I actually said was he asked to see some rules about it and was denied.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:32 pm

typenamehere wrote:I love the 'your move Einstein' bit, makes me look thick...

now show me where I said anything about him saying he wasn't told people wouldn't stand? He was told it alright a hell of alot what I actually said was he asked to see some rules about it and was denied.

apologies for the 'your move einstein' but you said 'your move little hitler' so i thought id retort with a similar insult a bit childish i should know better.
Well you never stated he was told people wouldnt stand, if they didnt stand there wouldnt be the problem with persistent standing. Im not sure whether he misheard something but persistent standing is against the regulations regarding football and i have given you the wording in my previous post. Look i think the rule is stupid i dont see why standing is not tolerated more all fans need to do is exercise some common sense if some fans like to sit and some like to stand they should be allowed to choose areas accordingly for example if you want to sit choose seats in the front of the stands if you want to stand choose seats in the rear of the stand simple. My point im trying to make and its the same point i make with regards to every post concerning stewarding if you want to change things at football you need to aim a little bit higher than the person in a florescent jacket as in reality he or she has very few powers when it comes to changing the rules. Calling stewards little hitlers and that they are on a personal crusade to ruin your day at the football isnt helping anyone, if you want to change football rules start targeting the football authorities actively support campaigns from the fsf and sign petitions create petitions its a long process but if you put the right effort in you will achieve things.
In my opinion football supporters should be allowed to stand during the game if they so choose
they should be allowed to sit during the game if they so choose
they should be allowed to drink alcoholic beverages in view of the pitch during play if they so choose
These issues can still be controlled with intelligent stewarding without all the extra rules which quite frankly treat grown adults like children.
But at the moment these are the rules at football and im payed to enforce them but directing anger solely at stewards is a waste of time and wont get fans anywhere.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:44 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
typenamehere wrote:I love the 'your move Einstein' bit, makes me look thick...

apologies for the 'your move einstein' but you said 'your move little hitler' so i thought id retort with a similar insult a bit childish i should know better.
Well you never stated he was told people wouldnt stand, if they didnt stand there wouldnt be the problem with persistent standing. Im not sure whether he misheard something but persistent standing is against the regulations regarding football and i have given you the wording in my previous post. Look i think the rule is stupid i dont see why standing is not tolerated more all fans need to do is exercise some common sense if some fans like to sit and some like to stand they should be allowed to choose areas accordingly for example if you want to sit choose seats in the front of the stands if you want to stand choose seats in the rear of the stand simple. My point im trying to make and its the same point i make with regards to every post concerning stewarding if you want to change things at football you need to aim a little bit higher than the person in a florescent jacket as in reality he or she has very few powers when it comes to changing the rules. Calling stewards little hitlers and that they are on a personal crusade to ruin your day at the football isnt helping anyone, if you want to change football rules start targeting the football authorities actively support campaigns from the fsf and sign petitions create petitions its a long process but if you put the right effort in you will achieve things.
In my opinion football supporters should be allowed to stand during the game if they so choose
they should be allowed to sit during the game if they so choose
they should be allowed to drink alcoholic beverages in view of the pitch during play if they so choose
These issues can still be controlled with intelligent stewarding without all the extra rules which quite frankly treat grown adults like children.
But at the moment these are the rules at football and im payed to enforce them but directing anger solely at stewards is a waste of time and wont get fans anywhere.

I don't blame the stewards 100% i know some are a little heavy handed and a bit mad on power, i actually blame the higher up's it's all business and zero enjoyment for them.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:03 pm

What exactly constitues a 'moment of excitement'? To many passionate fans, the whole 90minutes would count as that.

Also, all this talk about legality - there are many, many rules and laws in ALL walks of life that are overlook or treated with flexibility. I think it's merely a defence to hide behind - beauracracy and red tape, all that is wrong with this country.