Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Naylor :)

Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:10 pm

i think naylor played well today and also so did darcy blake when he came on also gestede gave the defenders a very hard time playing up top when he come on hope he is not out to long :ayatollah:

Re: Naylor :)

Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:13 pm

No he was terrible, I boo'd him all game because he shouldn't be in the shirt. When he made the most minor of mistakes I reminded him that he is horrendous.

Hopefully that will help him in the future, do it to Miller too because that's how you get the best out of players.

In reality, he was pretty good, Taylor is better but he's fine there at the mo, did quite well going forward. Our fans need to get off his back.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:15 pm

Struggled a few times defensively but was solid enough and did well going forward. Gave us much needed width at times.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:24 pm

Did ok today, seems to be playing a lot better with Malky in charge :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:55 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Struggled a few times defensively but was solid enough and did well going forward. Gave us much needed width at times.

only times i saw him struggle defensively was when conway was carrying his injury and naylor kept getting 2 v 1's against him as conway couldnt track back quick enough....i thought he and the rest of the defence did really well against the pace of vassell and beckford, cos lets face it, pace is something we are hardly blessed with at the back ;)

Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:08 pm

The only problem he had is he doesnt close players down soon enough and by the time he decides to do it they are in the box so he cant put a tackle in. Other than that he had a decent game.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:13 pm

Yea new manager he gets a chance and he did well today hope this continues

Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:17 pm

I will say now that anyone boo'ing Naylor is am idiot and clearly one of plastic fans that haven't turned up to the Carling Cup games where Naylor has been excellent. How can you have a go at him today? After 10 minutes he had a player infron of him injured so offered no help to him and then he had Cowie infront of him who again moves central and doesn't track back left Naylor exposed again. More often than not he was 2 v 1 against the Leicester wide players so what is he meant to do?? Naylor is a different player under Malky and has come on leaps and bounds but there are some idiots that haven't seen that because they can't be bothered to pay the tenna to back the team and are therefore still stuck on last seasons Naylor which is a totally different player. Booing any of our players this seasons is a disgrace and to be honest, you are exactly the type of fans this club don't need.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:23 pm

Bluebird99 wrote:I will say now that anyone boo'ing Naylor is am idiot and clearly one of plastic fans that haven't turned up to the Carling Cup games where Naylor has been excellent. How can you have a go at him today? After 10 minutes he had a player infron of him injured so offered no help to him and then he had Cowie infront of him who again moves central and doesn't track back left Naylor exposed again. More often than not he was 2 v 1 against the Leicester wide players so what is he meant to do?? Naylor is a different player under Malky and has come on leaps and bounds but there are some idiots that haven't seen that because they can't be bothered to pay the tenna to back the team and are therefore still stuck on last seasons Naylor which is a totally different player. Booing any of our players this seasons is a disgrace and to be honest, you are exactly the type of fans this club don't need.

I agree booing our own players is pointless. It does nothing for their confidence or the teams.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:44 pm

Scott88 wrote:The only problem he had is he doesnt close players down soon enough and by the time he decides to do it they are in the box so he cant put a tackle in. Other than that he had a decent game.

This ^^ He backs off, backs off, backs off and they are then in our box. He needs to attack the winger sooner. Thought he was fine with the ball but lacking without it when it was his time to defend.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:36 pm

Lt. Frank Drebin wrote:
Scott88 wrote:The only problem he had is he doesnt close players down soon enough and by the time he decides to do it they are in the box so he cant put a tackle in. Other than that he had a decent game.

This ^^ He backs off, backs off, backs off and they are then in our box. He needs to attack the winger sooner. Thought he was fine with the ball but lacking without it when it was his time to defend.

So you'd be happier if he dived in, committed himself and allowed his opponent to get in behind him? :?

I thought he was excellent today and made some excellent decisions, except for the shot from around 45 yards! :)

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:11 pm

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't! He's played fine this season, yet people still think he's as bad as last season. Malky has done so well for Naylors confidence

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:42 pm

Credit where it is due.

Naylor did very well.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:43 pm

He was fine today, but he had played better last season and still got slated.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:46 pm

I've slaughtered Naylor in the past, but he was solid today

Well done Lee!!!

Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:45 pm

Lee Naylor had a good game today. Nothing more to say. Sorry to disappiont anybody.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:49 am

Bluebird99 wrote:I will say now that anyone boo'ing Naylor is am idiot and clearly one of plastic fans that haven't turned up to the Carling Cup games where Naylor has been excellent. How can you have a go at him today? After 10 minutes he had a player infron of him injured so offered no help to him and then he had Cowie infront of him who again moves central and doesn't track back left Naylor exposed again. More often than not he was 2 v 1 against the Leicester wide players so what is he meant to do?? Naylor is a different player under Malky and has come on leaps and bounds but there are some idiots that haven't seen that because they can't be bothered to pay the tenna to back the team and are therefore still stuck on last seasons Naylor which is a totally different player. Booing any of our players this seasons is a disgrace and to be honest, you are exactly the type of fans this club don't need.

I am one of those who haven't paid the tenner to watch the Carling Cup games and I probably won't be bothering with Burnley in the cup either. But I went to Bournemouth which was a friendly and Naylor was excellent, I will also be going to Hull next Saturday and if Naylor plays he will get my full support.

I understand the meaning of your post with regards to the idiots booing Naylor on last seasons form and I complete agree these "fans" are all idiots, but you should realise the majority of fans don't attend Carling Cup games because it is a nothing competition. Yes, I am delighted we have progressed to the last 16, but I would much rather spend my money on 1) Visiting a ground I have never been to, or rarely get chance to go to which is why I went to Bournemouth, 2) an FA Cup game which is a real competition to get excited about unlike the Carling Cup and 3) a league away game.

I am not saying the Carling Cup is a waste of money to go to, I am just saying that many fans would rather save their tenners (with buying food, drinks etc this would easily rise to at least £20 spent), and put this money aside for paying to watch a game of more importance. I would have spent at least £40 going to the Huddersfield and Leicester cup games, but I gave them a miss and now I can use this money to go to Hull away this Saturday. But unlike yourself, I won't be having a go at the "plastic" fans who "can't be bothered" to go to Hull and support the team.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:43 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I am one of those who haven't paid the tenner to watch the Carling Cup games and I probably won't be bothering with Burnley in the cup either. But I went to Bournemouth which was a friendly and Naylor was excellent, I will also be going to Hull next Saturday and if Naylor plays he will get my full support.

I understand the meaning of your post with regards to the idiots booing Naylor on last seasons form and I complete agree these "fans" are all idiots, but you should realise the majority of fans don't attend Carling Cup games because it is a nothing competition. Yes, I am delighted we have progressed to the last 16, but I would much rather spend my money on 1) Visiting a ground I have never been to, or rarely get chance to go to which is why I went to Bournemouth, 2) an FA Cup game which is a real competition to get excited about unlike the Carling Cup and 3) a league away game.

I am not saying the Carling Cup is a waste of money to go to, I am just saying that many fans would rather save their tenners (with buying food, drinks etc this would easily rise to at least £20 spent), and put this money aside for paying to watch a game of more importance. I would have spent at least £40 going to the Huddersfield and Leicester cup games, but I gave them a miss and now I can use this money to go to Hull away this Saturday. But unlike yourself, I won't be having a go at the "plastic" fans who "can't be bothered" to go to Hull and support the team.

Your arguement is massively flawed there though. You are hardly plastic if you aren't going to Hull away which I imagine will cost in the region of £100-£150 all in all. The Huddersfielf was no excuse in my eyes, it was £10 and there wasn't another game for 23 days after it! You also don't HAVE to eat and drink at the stadium either so I will never count those costs as if you are coming from Cardiff tehre's nothng to say you cant eat and drink before.

The general point is about booing Naylor though and I think too many fans are living in last season. He's been really solid to be fair and I am actually impressed with him. Hudson has turnd it around in the main and there have been other examples in the past but surely we need to get behind these players because for me, the negativity around the club towards the back end of last season caused by the fans had a massive negative affect.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:47 am

Last year we had a lazy ethos (not sure if thats the right word)
players became porky, ROSS, CHOPS, GERRARD, NAYLOR.
this year everyone is fit as a fiddle, the players have even said this.
that alone will improve NAYLOR no end.
yesterday I though he had a good game, spent alot of the first half with no help due to conways injury.
he looks fitter, his distribution yesterday was good, and he looked solid.
2v1 you have to back off, if you get done 30 yards from goal then your fucked.
WELL PLAYED LEE :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:42 am

i thought naylor played shite actually.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:54 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:i thought naylor played shite actually.

i dont see why? he made no real mistakes and the only times he didnt close his men down or looked in trouble wa swhen he was 2 on 1

there was also one occasion where some guy cut inside, but that was only because naylor played him in on his weaker foot, which he should do, and the guy scuffed a crap weak foot shot wide.

well played naylor

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:59 am

You must have been one hell of a defender yourself then, to set such high standards! ;) :)

Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:04 am

jezzy666 wrote:

i dont see why? he made no real mistakes and the only times he didnt close his men down or looked in trouble wa swhen he was 2 on 1

there was also one occasion where some guy cut inside, but that was only because naylor played him in on his weaker foot, which he should do, and the guy scuffed a crap weak foot shot wide.

well played naylor

Really? He kept backing off when ever the winger (Vasell was it?) was approaching him, they could've scored from it aswell. Yes, credit to him, he was decent attacking but defending, well, not much I can say really. Just an opinion.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:06 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:

well played naylor

Really? He kept backing off when ever the winger (Vasell was it?) was approaching him, they could've scored from it aswell. Yes, credit to him, he was decent attacking but defending, well, not much I can say really. Just an opinion.

he was left numerous times outnumbered due to conway being injured at the time. he made sure he didnt get beat and didnt commit to a silly challenge, im happy with his performance. just my opinion

Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:12 am

i thought he did good , he prob knows most fans don't rate him after last season.

but this season its new slate for him thought he conducted himself good, he done a few wrong things but every player does, unless your messi i suppose.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:17 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:

well played naylor

He got some very good tackles in, won umpteen balls in the air and had to cover for Conway, for a large part of the first half!

Part of a full back's job, is to back off and try and force your opponent down the touchline, into a less dangerous position! If you dive in and don't win the ball, you leave the remaining defenders in the lurch!

He had a poor season last season, but he's started well this season and should get the credit when it is due!

IMO, the credit is due after his performance yesterday! ;) :) :D :ayatollah: