Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Business Idea ?

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:45 pm

Im finishing school this year and im really passionate about business. And i really want to start my own. Has enyone been to CEX by the bus station in town ? well i went there for the first time yesterday and i thought thats a great idea for a business and when i save enough money ill be putting it into somthing like that. :ayatollah:

Re: Business Idea ?

Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:56 pm

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:Im finishing school this year and im really passionate about business. And i really want to start my own. Has enyone been to CEX by the bus station in town ? well i went there for the first time yesterday and i thought thats a great idea for a business and when i save enough money ill be putting it into somthing like that. :ayatollah:

Wait until Labour get in power. (Queue Willy the Wombat)

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:39 pm

what is CEX ?

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:49 pm

carpet20 wrote:what is CEX ?

They got a website... They buy things off you and sell them in there store you can also buy things in there :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:51 pm

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:
carpet20 wrote:what is CEX ?

They got a website... They buy things off you and sell them in there store you can also buy things in there :ayatollah:

So its a Whole sale or what ever they call them?

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:59 pm

Yeah :) I thinks its a good idea im into gaming and gadgets so if i can buy them cheap and sell them off for more ill br making a profit to start. But then you have to consider a shop and the list goes on :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:01 pm

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:Yeah :) I thinks its a good idea im into gaming and gadgets so if i can buy them cheap and sell them off for more ill br making a profit to start. But then you have to consider a shop and the list goes on :ayatollah:

Thats how Sir Alan Sugar started off pretty much! (I think) Buy products and sell them on for a profit. If I was you, I'd wait until the economy starts to pick up a bit, its better to start a business up whilst the economy starts to strengthen. IMO.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:02 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
TheTrueBlue7 wrote:Yeah :) I thinks its a good idea im into gaming and gadgets so if i can buy them cheap and sell them off for more ill br making a profit to start. But then you have to consider a shop and the list goes on :ayatollah:

Thats how Sir Alan Sugar started off pretty much! (I think) Buy products and sell them on for a profit. If I was you, I'd wait until the economy starts to pick up a bit, its better to start a business up whilst the economy starts to strengthen. IMO.

That sounds like the sensible thing to do but my idea was as they econamy is so low if i can get cheap goods and sell they just under the price in shops people will go to me insted of shop :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:04 pm

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

That sounds like the sensible thing to do but my idea was as they econamy is so low if i can get cheap goods and sell they just under the price in shops people will go to me insted of shop :ayatollah:

It may or may not work. But the idiot bankers told people to save their money not spend. So there will be less people wanting to spend money on games and shite. Even though spending money will get the economy flowing.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:05 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
TheTrueBlue7 wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

It may or may not work. But the idiot bankers told people to save their money not spend. So there will be less people wanting to spend money on games and shite. Even though spending money will get the economy flowing.

Exactly if no money is spent no money will flow !

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:06 pm

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
TheTrueBlue7 wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Exactly if no money is spent no money will flow !

Yup! But it's too late now! The Tories and the banks have already put fear into people. But I'm going to leave it at that.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:06 pm

Check out wholesale websites and bulk sellers,
I make an extra 500 a month by buying and reselling from these websites ;)

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:08 pm

theres not much market opertunity these days for things like that

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:09 pm

I've got a business idea you may wanna push towards. Manufacturing. Manufacturing has so much potential. I remember watching a document the other week and it said, when Britain had a strong economy, it was pretty much because of our manufacturing industry.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:13 pm

Iwould love to start with nothing and build my way up :ayatollah: But there are so many windows for oppitunity and no offence but people and resulting in buying second hand now because and wage/job cuts and the price of things going up :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:14 pm

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:Iwould love to start with nothing and build my way up :ayatollah: But there are so many windows for oppitunity and no offence but people and resulting in buying second hand now because and wage/job cuts and the price of things going up :ayatollah:

Yup, I agree. Best of luck to you and I hope you succeed. :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:14 pm

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:Iwould love to start with nothing and build my way up :ayatollah: But there are so many windows for oppitunity and no offence but people and resulting in buying second hand now because and wage/job cuts and the price of things going up :ayatollah:

Yes the problem is that you need something low cost and can be mass produced, FIFA 12 is almost fifty quid?!

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:16 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Yup, I agree. Best of luck to you and I hope you succeed. :ayatollah:

Thanks mate :ayatollah: :D

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:17 pm

typenamehere wrote:

Yes the problem is that you need something low cost and can be mass produced, FIFA 12 is almost fifty quid?!

Mate im paying £30 :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:18 pm

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:
typenamehere wrote:

I asked the people in game how long before it goes to around 35 they said christmas so f**k it i'll wait.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:19 pm

typenamehere wrote:
TheTrueBlue7 wrote:
typenamehere wrote:

I asked the people in game how long before it goes to around 35 they said christmas so f**k it i'll wait.

Fuming mate :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:30 pm

http://www.showcase.co.uk/?src=ppcg:ret ... MNYTFnHska

Good place for a business good price too :ayatollah: