Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" THERE WAS A LOT OF FANS MOANING TODAY,BUT "

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:00 pm

If I am really honest I am enjoying watching Cardiff more this season than for years :ayatollah:

Malky has a team of Battlers/guts/determination and never say die attitude, all we need now is for the current board to give him his 3 or 4 players he needs and we will be top 6 come May. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " THERE WAS A LOT OF FANS MOANING TODAY,BUT "

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:If I am really honest I am enjoying watching Cardiff more this season than for years :ayatollah:

Malky has a team of Battlers/guts/determination and never say die attitude, all we need now is for the current board to give him his 3 or 4 players he needs and we will be top 6 come May. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

positive thread by u annis i just had to the check the date and year then ha ha :D :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:02 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:If I am really honest I am enjoying watching Cardiff more this season than for years :ayatollah:

positive thread by u annis i just had to the check the date and year then ha ha :D :ayatollah:

:lol:

Thank you Rob, Malky has made me like this :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:

:lol:

Thank you Rob, Malky has made me like this :ayatollah:

i agree tho very positive after today we could well got thumped by them as they got good players but they remind me of us last season lots of stars but not alot of life in them. we had bit of luck of the bounce today we could of won but we had bit of luck with cross bar saved us so can't really complain, just hope are players not to bad :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:06 pm

The fans who are being negative and think we aren't doing as well as we should are simply fickle, and need their heads sorted.

Completely agree Annis, exciting, we started to fade mid fist half, and that's where Dave Jones would have lost the game, then the subs came out, and we looked much better after we stuck 2 strikers up front! :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:08 pm

CCFC 24 wrote:The fans who are being negative and think we aren't doing as well as we should are simply fickle, and need their heads sorted.

Completely agree Annis, exciting, we started to fade mid fist half, and that's where Dave Jones would have lost the game, then the subs came out, and we looked much better after we stuck 2 strikers up front! :ayatollah:

i no thought when rudy came on gave us so much more up front. gutted his hamstring looks like it gone :cry:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:12 pm

CCFC 24 wrote:The fans who are being negative and think we aren't doing as well as we should are simply fickle, and need their heads sorted.

Spot on about and especially about the subs and how DJ would of faded.

We have to all give Malky and our team 100% support at every game as they are giving us 100% on the pitch :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:13 pm

If they were moaning today (excluding individual aspects of the game) then theyre fukn idiots imo

I'd love to be advised of what element of the current regime warrants a Cardiff City to fan to moan at. Maybe its just me..

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:20 pm

I agree i think we are more proffesional than we have been in years, the only thing i would like to mention is that we keep lobbing high balls in towards the goal with only wee Kenny Miller up front who is so small against the defense of the opposing side , that it becomes a waste of a perfectly good ball, Kenny works better with balls at his feet, the lobbing of the ball works in our favour when we have players like Rudy Gestede on the field, and even though todays result was a goaless draw, I thought it was a hard fought game which was deserved.

Lets hope all the injuries sustained today were minor and can be easily overcome, keep up the good work rate boys ... City till I die......

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:23 pm

I would take this team over last seasons team any day, all we need are 3/4 players on loan and as Annis said TOP 6 in may :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:24 pm

Totally agree. I'm following Zabiers 'free season' policy where I have no expectations as I accept Malky has a big job repairing the mess left behind by Dave Jones and that policy is paying off as I'm enjoying the wonderful committed performances which are exemplified by Don Cowie and Anthony Gerrard.

However, Malky does need backing in the transfer market both now and in January.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:25 pm

I feel the same as well, even when we lost to Brighton at home, I was still clapping the players at the end, because the work rate each player put into the performance has been exceptional thus far.

Whilst I dont know the inner politics of the club and why they are not fully backing Malky, but it does also seem that Malky is not rushing into making rash decisions either in signing players. I feel that hes taking his time, and looking at the right ones, who can fit in, and have similar work rate to those who are already in the club and not harm the culture he has created. But I do feel we may just expect at least one player possibly before Wednesday, and any others after due to the 93 day rule and extend the loans in the transfer window.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:26 pm

f**k me we dug deep today, we played last half hr with ten men with rudy injured against title favs if im honest if there favs with 3/4 more signing we must be certs , under jones i think we would have lost that today :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:40 pm

Not seen a city side battle so hard for years,well done malky :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:52 pm

Very pleased with the side, its gonna take this season for me to settle a side and next season we will do it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:10 pm

Malky is 10 times the man Dave Jones ever was, and it is reflected in his team and the way they go about things :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:12 pm

You're right Annis. We might not be able to compete with the money Leicester have spent but I'm really impressed with the commitment and attitude I'm seeing from the boys. Could anyone else honestly say they could have seen Jay getting strapped up and staying on when injured as RUDY did today.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:40 pm

All last season i never came away from a match feeling we had done well, always dissapointed.

This season, even the loss to brighton, ive felt like we've done well,its down to Malky and the new lads work rate, you get the feelingeveryone of those players want to do well for Malky and more importantly the club and THE FANS!!

Just look at Rudy, playing with one leg for 15 mins today, and still went back and defended corners and still attepmted to get forward when counter attacking.

So much positivity about the side now

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:10 pm

Well I for one am loving it. A team of spirited scrappers willing to put in a full shift. Great effort and it cant always be silky classy stuff can it?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:12 pm

Agree whole-heartedly (and I was one that didn't want DJ to go :oops: )

:ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:16 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:

Agree whole-heartedly (and I was one that didn't want DJ to go :oops: )

:ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol:

Sven, Nice to put your face to your name today, next time have a chat :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:42 pm

We been saying that for 2months now where are these players or we must be skint rock bottom because todays injurys aint helped one bit

Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:47 am

We have the makings of a a very good team here off and on the pitch ....... maybe add 1 more striker , 1 more winger and maybe a quicker centre half too and we will defo be in top 6 come May . WHU and Leicester IMO will walk this league and be in the top 2 well before Christmas :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:52 am

100% agree, even whits is putting in some tackles, didnt see that Under D Jones and I like DJ, but MM has got them all fired up.
If at any time we need the top guys to back MM its now. We must bring in a few good quality loan players ASAP :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:50 am

Splottboy Bluebird wrote:I agree i think we are more proffesional than we have been in years, the only thing i would like to mention is that we keep lobbing high balls in towards the goal with only wee Kenny Miller up front who is so small against the defense of the opposing side , that it becomes a waste of a perfectly good ball, Kenny works better with balls at his feet, the lobbing of the ball works in our favour when we have players like Rudy Gestede on the field, and even though todays result was a goaless draw, I thought it was a hard fought game which was deserved.

Lets hope all the injuries sustained today were minor and can be easily overcome, keep up the good work rate boys ... City till I die......

they seemed to stop with the long balls in the 2nd half....which was better

Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:56 am

Both Conway and Gestede tried to ignore injuries and carry on
yesterday.

Whitts is flying into tackles.

Gerrard looks like he's head butt a wall sooner than let anything
get past him.

The team spirit is there for all to see

All we need is a little fine-tuning

No TRUE football supporter who has ANY knowledge of the game
would say any different.