Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Last seasons best striker IMO.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:11 pm

I don't care what anyone says, but not giving Bothroyd his requested £14k a week was a mistake! We will now probably be looking for the same type of player.... :|

We'll pay Miller 25k but not £14k a week to Bothroyd!

I love Malky and the look of the new team ethics, but past events still baffle me... I still don't think he's Premier league material...

Re: Last seasons best striker IMO.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:15 pm

Bothroyd would not fit into our team at moment.......always spending too much time on his ass and sulking, cant imagine MM putting up with that!

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:16 pm

Merlin wrote:I don't care what anyone says, but not giving Bothroyd his requested £14k a week was a mistake! We will now probably be looking for the same type of player.... :|

We'll pay Miller 25k but not £14k a week to Bothroyd!

I love Malky and the look of the new team ethics, but past events still baffle me... I still don't think he's Premier league material...

how you no we pay in 25 k ?

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:19 pm

I don't think he would have tool 14k.

He is everything we are missing in a striker ATM though.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:20 pm

I think it would have been interesting to see how Bothroyd would do under Malky, he may have been sensational as Malky would demand 100% from him every game, but I could also have seen Malky getting annoyed with Bothroyd throwing the towel in when things don't go his own way. Let's be honest, the only reason Bothroyd was with us in the first place is because of his attitude, if he got his head sorted and gave 100% every game, he would have always been a Premiership player.

This season, it's nice to see EVERY player on the pitch giving 100% for EVERY game, this is something that wouldn't have happened last season with the likes of Bothroyd in the team. We are doing fine so far and I'm pleased we now have a team of workaholics with guts, passion, spirit and fight, not a team of Jay Bothroyd's who give up when things don't go their own way.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:28 pm

Last season With Jay, Cardiff lost 7 games (he played 37 games)
Without Jay, they lost 5 games (he missed 9 games)

Shows he was actually one of our best players last season and as ever Cardiff fans just need someone to abuse.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:31 pm

RFMH wrote:Last season With Jay, Cardiff lost 7 games (he played 37 games)

Shows he was actually one of our best players last season and as ever Cardiff fans just need someone to abuse.

I think those stats are more down to the previous managers and players inability to play without a target man in the team, rather than the contribution Jay made himself. Jay was fantastic until his England cap, but the remainder of the season he was bloody shocking.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:35 pm

I understand where your coming from here because Jay leaving left a big hole in the squad but does anyone belief Jay Bothroyd would have stayed on the pitch today as Rudy Gestede did. No chance in my opinion.

In fact Rudy typifies the attitude MM has brought to the club and I would prefer another hungry young player like Rudy ahead of Jay any day of the week.

Not that I think Jay didn't do a good job for us just to many hugs and kisses needed to keep him going. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:37 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I think those stats are more down to the previous managers and players inability to play without a target man in the team, rather than the contribution Jay made himself. Jay was fantastic until his England cap, but the remainder of the season he was bloody shocking.

But yet we carried on winning :S

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:22 pm

RFMH wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

But yet we carried on winning :S

If we carried on winning we would be in the Premiership now. Jay Bothroyd's attitude was one of several reasons why we failed to go up last season.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:23 pm

castleblue wrote:I understand where your coming from here because Jay leaving left a big hole in the squad but does anyone belief Jay Bothroyd would have stayed on the pitch today as Rudy Gestede did. No chance in my opinion.

In fact Rudy typifies the attitude MM has brought to the club and I would prefer another hungry young player like Rudy ahead of Jay any day of the week.

Not that I think Jay didn't do a good job for us just to many hugs and kisses needed to keep him going. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Spot on castleblue, I 100% agree with every word of that. :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:25 pm

castleblue wrote:I understand where your coming from here because Jay leaving left a big hole in the squad but does anyone belief Jay Bothroyd would have stayed on the pitch today as Rudy Gestede did. No chance in my opinion.

He left a big hole in the turf aswell :lol:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:46 pm

Yes we're definitely missing him imo just the player we need!

The saying 'you don't realize what you've got, until it's gone' comes to mind.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:50 pm

But he wanted out either way clearly wanted to play in the prem after the play offs he was hitting the exit with no turn back

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:54 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Bothroyd would not fit into our team at moment.......always spending too much time on his ass and sulking, cant imagine MM putting up with that!

He would recall Parkin so that he would eat him.
Then sell him again.

Or just simply punch him Canio style! :D