Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ARE OUR EXPECTATION LEVELS TOO HIGH?

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:08 pm

We have a new manager and a total new side, as we are all aware. The Malaysians expect promotion but are our expectation levels set a little too high this season.

The team needs time to gel with eachother and along with the manager and his team, miracles wont happen overnight.

But in my opinion the team and management are certainly exceeding my expectations for the forthcoming season. I would be happy with mid table obscurity at the seasons end, but at present we are certainly more than capable of this, and along with two or three further squad additions during the loan window period i feel we will certainly be contenders for a top six.

But are these expectation levels set too high for this season? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: ARE OUR EXPECTATION LEVELS TOO HIGH?

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:11 pm

Some fans expect too much, but with every decent performance and result expectations will always rise.

The top six is very achievable inmy opinion but we have to be patient and keep our feet on the ground. There will be times when we are poor and times where we are immense. That's football. Today wasn't a bad performance but maybe on the back of last Saturday you can see why people are a little down. Throw in 4 injuries picked up today that forced us to play our hand by half time, it's not a bad result.

We've now played the bookies two favourites for promotion, took 4 points and kept two clean sheets. Is that bad?

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:20 pm

Top ten finish we should all be happy,but if we can bring in a few extra players we should get top 6. this season i'm just enjoying watching the team give 110% every game, its a nice change :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:22 pm

DJ pretty much built a new squad every season anyway.

Anything other than a top 6 will be a dissapointment.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:26 pm

I honestly find it all hard to understand! When you think how much malky has had to do in such a short space of time i find all the moaning absolutel incredible. I think malky is building something special here and to do that he has to build a team with a solid structure that can defend and play as a unit. Surely it's common sense that a manager should do this before he brings in game changers and match winners. Personally i think we need more pace and options up front to sustain a challenge but if there is nobody available in the market at the moment then so be it, either way malky has my full support. Once malky has set up our scouting system and has had time to inject his own ideas into our youth system then maybe i will expect a little bit more, but at the moment i'm pleased that we have a manager that fills me with confidence and i trust 100% that he knows what he's doing :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:31 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:I honestly find it all hard to understand! When you think how much malky has had to do in such a short space of time i find all the moaning absolutel incredible. I think malky is building something special here and to do that he has to build a team with a solid structure that can defend and play as a unit. Surely it's common sense that a manager should do this before he brings in game changers and match winners. Personally i think we need more pace and options up front to sustain a challenge but if there is nobody available in the market at the moment then so be it, either way malky has my full support. Once malky has set up our scouting system and has had time to inject his own ideas into our youth system then maybe i will expect a little bit more, but at the moment i'm pleased that we have a manager that fills me with confidence and i trust 100% that he knows what he's doing :ayatollah:

Mate. Sven admitted that his team were under the cosh for most of the second half
He also admitted that they might have got out of jail cos of our crazy injuries today.

Leicester City are everyones racing favourite for the Championship.

Malky out thought Sven today for long periods, and we outplayed them

Were people expecting us to thrash them today or what??

Well played City!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:38 pm

taffy, did i love the game today? not really mate i was a bit bored if i'm honest and i couldn't see us scoring if we played for 3 hours. But was i happy with the team? yes very much so. I love everything about malky and this team, whether we have enough to sustain a challenge at the top remains to be seen, personally i dont think so but i wouldn't swap malky for any other manager in this league. If we don't make it this year, i really believe next year we'll be some force as malky will have time to stamp his authority on the club and install a structure that was sadly missing when jones left us :ayatollah: