Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Happy about the season so far

Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:54 pm

Proud of malky and the whole team. Weve had alot of changes players and staff. Nearly everyone was saying at the start of the season that they would be happy with mid table as this is a rebuilding season. Expectations have gone up alot since then. Slagging off a team who is 6th and just drew with the leagues biggest spenders and favourites to go up. :geek:

Re: Happy about the season so far

Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:03 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Scott88 wrote:Proud of malky and the whole team. Weve had alot of changes players and staff. Nearly everyone was saying at the start of the season that they would be happy with mid table as this is a rebuilding season. Expectations have gone up alot since then. Slagging off a team who is 6th and just drew with the leagues biggest spenders and favourites to go up. :geek:

I'm sorry but its a complete myth that people were saying that they would be happy with midtable. We got rid of DJ because he couldn't take us to the next level yet you are saying that people were happy that people wanted to see the club go backwards..? I'm sorry but there maybe a handful of people on here who are happy with midtable but there's no way that would have been the case.

So would you sack Malky if he doesn't achieve at least a 4th place finish, which we achieved in the last 2 seasons under DJ?

Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:09 pm

But that's not answering the question!

Would you sack Malky if we only finish 4th and don't go up via the Play Offs?

Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:20 pm

I also expect a top 6 finish as I believe DJ would have got it.

Would I sack MM no of course not, he has the full three years as far as concerned.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:23 pm

DJ didn't have to bed in 10 new players and achieve top 6 in his first season, I have no idea why MM is expected to do the same. :roll:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:26 pm

DJ practically built a new squad every season anyway.
All the loans that went back DJ had to bring in anyway.

If DJ had stayed I'd have wanted top 3
From MM I expect top 6

Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:30 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I also expect a top 6 finish as I believe DJ would have got it.

Would I sack MM no of course not, he has the full three years as far as concerned.

I'm not sure DJ would achieve a play off place with our current squad, as I believe that Malky is more tactically aware and able to get more from his players, due to a better style of man management! :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:34 pm

He never brought in ten at the start of the season in the seasons where we finished top 7 though. The seasons we finished top 6 we already had real quality in place. Not like this year were there was a real void if you look at our first choice XI last year to this year there are three players (Hudson, McNaughton, Whitts) in both.

Never mind that last season was an exceptionally weak Championship with very few stand out teams.

This season: Southampton, Middlesbrough, Derby, West Ham, Brighton, Hull, Blackpool, Leicester, Leeds maybe even Ipswich and Forest have a good shout at top 6, and have not gone through the radical change that we have.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:40 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Scott88 wrote:Proud of malky and the whole team. Weve had alot of changes players and staff. Nearly everyone was saying at the start of the season that they would be happy with mid table as this is a rebuilding season. Expectations have gone up alot since then. Slagging off a team who is 6th and just drew with the leagues biggest spenders and favourites to go up. :geek:

I'm sorry but its a complete myth that people were saying that they would be happy with midtable. We got rid of DJ because he couldn't take us to the next level yet you are saying that people were happy that people wanted to see the club go backwards..? I'm sorry but there maybe a handful of people on here who are happy with midtable but there's no way that would have been the case.

Well MM has not been handed half of what dj had lets be fair so what the hell do people expect,smallest squad for 11 year,lesser players than last year bar a few, the wage bills rite down to last year,no1 is joining us coz we are skint big time FACT,the season started two months ago now we have 2-3 injurys meaning we are fucked numbers wise which anyone could see would happen sooner or later due to the dire numbers in are squad at start of season,some ppl need to wake up we arent going anywhere this year and im happy with that eitherway so i really dont know how anyone can compare what dj had or done to what MM has rite now but atleast they are all working for MM even if there lesser profile players and thats all i care about if you want to blame anyone blame the owners MM can only build with what hes given which is well well below what dj had last year so i dont think its anything other than mid table and ill be happy this year :lol:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:46 pm

Midfield general wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:DJ practically built a new squad every season anyway.
All the loans that went back DJ had to bring in anyway.

If DJ had stayed I'd have wanted top 3
From MM I expect top 6

Completely agree 100%

So we couldn't achieve promotion with Bellamy, Chopra, Bothroyd, Burke, Olofinjana, Koumas, Ramsey for 6 weeks or so, but we're suddenly expected to achieve miracles, with a very small outlay, on a handful of seasoned pros and a few young players, who are just learning their trade? :? :shock: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:58 pm

How much do you think 10 new players cost then?

Even freebies cost signing on fees & monthly wages etc.!

There's also the new backroom staff who've been brought in and wages still being paid to our retained staff, along with wages we're currently still paying, to DJ and some of his backroom staff! :shock:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:41 am

better than i thought to be honest :ayatollah: a new striker or 2 and watch the bluebirds fly :D